Sign in to follow this  
Khundekling

Nature's Gifts

Firstly I was sure I read something similar to this topic, but for the life of me I can't find it. If anyone does, please tell me, y'all know how I don't like duplicated threads 😉 That being said...

A positive for me with the current covid situation, is connecting more with nature. Most mornings I'm going out for walks around my local nature reserve, when usually I'd just be at the gym or putting off going to work for as long as possible. But my walking enjoyment was short lived, as the amount of rubbish that was being dumped would fill me with rage. It has definitely gotten worse since the national lockdown. (I have written various rants here and deleted them, as it's going off topic a bit lol) Anyway, my morning stroll has now become a morning litter pick. I'm annoyed that I'm having to do it but also, well, I don't think proud is the right word, but at least it feels good to help nature when no one else seems to bother.

Anyway, to the gifts. For a while now I've been trying to collect feathers of local territorial birds for a ladder. It has probably been close to a year now and I've hardly found any, other than really manky ones. Well, since doing my litter picking (I've filled about 6 50L bags so far, 2 tents and an inflatable lilo) I've found loads of pristine feathers, from crows, kites, magpies etc. All in the middle of my path, as if they had just fallen off the bird. I had been looking in the reserve every time I went there but it's only since collecting the trash did the feathers start appearing.

Now of course it could be simply that I am outside more and it's the time of year that the birds are very active. But I've been told off by a few fellow witches for not taking something as a sign and always explaining it away. But this time, it is only from birds that I've been thinking about. And there are plenty of other species, especially pigeons. So I will take it as a sign of thanks.

Have any of you had something similar happen? Was there something from nature that you looking for and it was only when you performed an act that you found it?

I just want to say Thank You for doing so much cleanup work. Wow.  I do think it is something to be proud of. Most people have no idea what that takes, the sacrifice. It is an honorable act. The Birds are certainly thanking you and bringing you gifts.

The Birds are rewarding you for your good works!  Synchronicity, is probably at work too, you want something and it is being given.  I'm always on the lookout for a nice feather when I go for a walk.

Jeez Khundekling.

I just posted a whiny post about personal doldrums, then I find this one with two replies from a couple of my favorite members.

First, thanks for picking up the detritus of the filthy human herd.  I sometimes feel as though we are custodians to a world filled with errant children.

Second, I do believe that your efforts are the reason for your success.  A philosophy that we all embrace and practice.  I haven't been active here for a while and when I do return in search of...something, here it is.

Thank you my friend, you have applied a practical boot to my spiritual backside.

You are one of my favs Sagefire!  I must have missed your whiny post.  I think we all feel the same at certain times.  I also have a lack on energy , I have a candle and a Sigil that I had ready to light at the Full Moon, I just noticed it,  still sitting there, this morning.  

On the brighter side, here is something to amused you, we are expecting a comet to pass earth, look to the  Northeastern sky at about three in the morning.

Indeed I shall, and I hope the storm clouds will have cleared by then...

Sign in to follow this