Sign in to follow this  
Geminikiss

Need help remembering a book

There’s this witchcraft book that is kind of rare. It’s really expensive. The name started with a V I think and it had a tree on the front I believe. It’s been wracking my brain and I cannot think of the name. 

Viridarium Umbris - the pleasure garden of shadow (Has a tree like image on the front with a serpents tail instead of a root)

or

Veneficium - Magic, witchcraft and the poison path    (Has a boquet of blooms and greenery growing out of a human heart)

Both by Daniel A. Schulke.

• Upvote 1

Guest Sabrynia
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, FrozenThunderbolt said:

Viridarium Umbris - the pleasure garden of shadow (Has a tree like image on the front with a serpents tail instead of a root)

or

Veneficium - Magic, witchcraft and the poison path    (Has a boquet of blooms and greenery growing out of a human heart)

Both by Daniel A. Schulke.

Thank you very much for sharing! This is my first time hearing about those books and the first one in particular looks most intriguing. And the OP wasn't kidding lol, it is super rare and expensive. Found some copies that were out of stock and the price on one of them was 2,200 bucks lol. I finally found a PDF containing what looks like the whole book; 544 pages. Saved to computer. XD

...I feel dirty for living in this day and age lmao.

Edited by Sabrynia

4 hours ago, Sabrynia said:

Thank you very much for sharing! I finally found a PDF containing what looks like the whole book; 544 pages. Saved to computer. XD

...I feel dirty for living in this day and age lmao.

No worries - they are madly expensive as very few are printed - only about 500ish per book for his first few, hence the insane price tag.

I don't feel bad about reading the PDF of those ones as it is literally the only way I have access to them - I'm in the process of doing my own one off binding of Viridarium Umbris and lux haeresis in the hopes that I'm honouring the content and author. When and if there is ever another mass market printing I'll happily pay for a copy to legitimise the one I currently own.
There is a mass market run of Veneficium, which I have purchased propperly as it is affordable. 

I feel it is good practice to purchase the books you can afford, but I'm certainly not above checking out a PDF first to make sure it is what I'm after.

The cost of specialty books from the likes of Xoanan,  Miskatonic and Scarlet Imprint makes me cry, to get a copy of John Michael Greer's Dolmen arch (even the less fancy version) here to NZ would cost me over $300nz which I just can't justify. I live in hope that it (and many other authors books) will be rereleased as affordable paperbacks once the limited eddition are universally sold out and they realise there is an ever increasing demand for such things.

Guest Sabrynia

Indeed, thanks for the info!

I like your bookbinding idea too; I'd like to eventually turn all my magic books into handwritten leatherbound books for my magic library just cuz I like the aged, retro look, and feel that by making everything myself I'll give the information more power....if that makes sense lol.

Sign in to follow this