I agree. My wife got us started on this story a couple years before the show started. She’s a little obsessed with the books haha. If you like the show and the detail in it, you’d be glad to find out that it leaves out an incredible amount of detail compared to the books. I’d 100 percent recommend investing time in it. 

I just discovered it was based on a book series but I bet they are better, that's usually the case.  The series was recommended to me because of the herbs and witchcraft content,  it is a entertaining series but the love scenes last forever and is utterly mushy. Not a fan of  stereotype anything.  I have finished season 1, with some trouble, but I enjoy historical drama with an eye for detail.  I bet many here would enjoy the series.And as snow came back today my work in the garden will once again be put on hold. 

I tried reading the first book, so slow going...  Not a fan.   People I know like it though.  People who have never been to Scotland.  They have a romantic eye that they are looking though.  Life in the Highlands was a brutal existence.  The Scots have every right to hate the English..

I know the first three seasons are on Netflix now... was thinking of diving in but with two season not available I’m wondering if I’ll just end up sorry I started it...