Sign in to follow this  
Nathaniel

Kitchenwitchery

Hi,

The path of the ktchenwitch is the one I like the most I think. I love to cook and doing magic at the same time. Although there is a lot of info about spices, salt and herbs, there fewer info about the ingredients itself such as vegetables, which is a shame.

So when I got stuck, not knowing what that ingredient could be use for, I use correspondence with its color and what the vegetable means to me. I talk about this with an other whitch who advise me to draw parallels between the medical properties of the vegetebale and its equivalent with crystal, so maybe the magical properties of the crystal would also be the same for the vegetable. Since I'm not an expert in lithotherapy, I didn't push it further yet, but some of you might like the idea.

Anyway. I had a eggplant and some potatoes in the kitchen so I thought of a spell for hearth prosperity : eggplant are used for wealth and prosperity, and the potatoes is good for grounding (and I personnaly feel like it's really a plant for the home, always useful, that bring family together).

I'm not very experience yet, but I'll describe what I did (don't hesitate to improve it if you want): As a chop the vegetables in little dices, I focus on what I want them to bring individually (maybe say it out loud), I put them in the pot and stir clockwise (to attract) as I say a little spell of my creation (it rhyme in french, altough poorly, I'm no poet) "Potatoes and Eggplant sauté, may you bring financial stability in my home"

I like to add a little blessing at the end of my magical dish. It's not mine but when I read it the first time it felt SO right, I knew I could use it for me:

"Béni soit le jardin, Béni soit la maison, Bénis soient nos cœur et nos esprits partout où ils iront" which means "Blessed be the garden, Blessed be the home, Blessed be our hearts and spirits wherever they go"

For those who also do kitchenwitchery, what are the little thing you do to bring magic in the pot?

Have a nice day

I think that you have narrated it very nicely! I think about the heat, its physical being and the chemical operations happening to transform the food into whatever it is. There are also chemical reactions in cold brews also, which I like making, extracting herbs in vinegar or oil for example, to reveal the medicinal properties and make them useful and palatable.

Sign in to follow this