emurray612

how i helped a dying wasp

Posted (edited)

now i will tell you a nice little true story that might uplift you 🙂 yesterday i was up at my elderly relatives, and i was sitting on his landing on my chair, beside his cabinet, having a ciggy, and i noticed a dying wasp on top of his cabinet. i felt a tenderness for the tiny creatire, and got a rose from the garden, and picked the wasp up very gently, and placed him in the centre of the rose flower xxxxxxx he started to move a little, and i used the tip of my finger to very gently stroke his back and his head, and avoided touching his wings. every now and then he fluttered his wings like mad, trying to fly, but had not the strength. and i knew he was dying. so i got a bit of white sugar, and put some in the rose flower.for him. i know that littdle wasp knew i was trying to help him, as i had him on the palm of my hand at one point, and he did not sting me, even tho he kept trying to sting his own self to die quicker, but was not strong enough to reach far enough. so now i have the little dead wasp on my table at home, and i am going to bury his little body in one of my plant pots on my patio, and have faith that his little spirit will protect me from other wasps stinging me, because i helped him xxxxxxx

Edited by emurray612
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

That’s so touching. Thank you for sharing. I once lived in a duplex where wasps had taken up residence in the mailbox, and I considered them my protectors. Never once was I bothered on my own property by someone who was not invited my by myself (besides sound from neighbors, but that doesn’t apply in the same way). You made a great friend and ally.

Edited by phantasmagoria
  • Like 1

Soooo.. you’re not going to use this wasp for witchcraft in any way?

If I’m remembering correctly wasps are a common ingredient in goofer dust or other hexing dust formulas. I suppose you could incorporate the stinger into a witch bottle as well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

yes phantasmagoria, i felt i was making a spirit friend also, and fancyshadowcat's suggestions are also good, and normally i would use parts of already dead creatures i come across, for my classical witchcraft spells and workings, or even to sell on ebay for witchcraft purposes, but not this time, because i feel it was me who comforted the wee creature thru his final door to his next dimension, and i want his spirit friendship to bless me, and i feel he will make sure anyone who tries to harm me will be stung, without me needing to use his body for a hex myself, as i really don't feel right about comforting him while dying, and then mutilating his wee body parts xxxxxx having said this, i still have not buried him as yet, even tho i was planning to bury him with a wee crystal chip, wearing my face long witches hooded cloak xxxx so i might well simply preserve his body witches specimin jar with an airtight cork top, and keep him in my in with collection of other creatures and their parts, in case the day comes when i need to bring him out and ask him to remember how i helped him, and to please hurt someone who has just hurt me in future ??????? but then again, is not his spirit already able to know this, and know that i need help, and remember me for helping him, without me needing to do this ???????

Edited by emurray612
  • Like 1

I think that it is already able, but it is also nice to be symbolic and pay respect, isn't it? I know it feels good to everyone involved.

But, it is not necessary, if that ritual has to be left behind. If I have to leave land where my departed animal friends are buried and left, then so be it. It is not the thing, but the inspiration or the feeling, and the knowing. I feel there has to be a certain amount of detachment involved! The shells, they are inherently empty.

Guest Sabrynia
Posted (edited)

...Save the wasps lifeless body parts, (no idea if it was a boy or girl)...in case you need it's ghost's help to hurt someone who had hurt you...I'm sorry, but that's one of the most hilariously effed up things I have heard in a long time lmao. XD First, I don't believe in vengeance, but more importantly, I believe in personal responsibility: Overcome your enemies yourself; don't try to make anyone (or anything else) solve your own problems. But please, if you feel you must hurt other living creatures, have a better reason for doing it than "They hurt me first." That's like something a small child would say; I like to think we're a little more evolved than that lol.

I would be interested in learning more about any medicinal properties of wasps; I've had a lifelong phobia of them, it'd be nice to understand them more and maybe see them as serving more of a purpose than being a terrifying, aggressive species of insect that pollinates nothing, sacrifices nothing when it stings you over and over again, and just seems generally ticked off like all the time LOL. XD

In their defense though, their brains are far more primitive than ours and can't be blamed for their nature. Personally I don't see them as being or thinking like a little human at all lol. Their view of the world is probably so radically different than our own we probably wouldn't even be able to fit it into our heads anymore than a wasp could understand the human condition lol. =P

Edited by Sabrynia

On 6/1/2020 at 9:57 PM, Sabrynia said:

...Save the wasps lifeless body parts, (no idea if it was a boy or girl)...in case you need it's ghost's help to hurt someone who had hurt you...I'm sorry, but that's one of the most hilariously effed up things I have heard in a long time lmao. XD First, I don't believe in vengeance, but more importantly, I believe in personal responsibility: Overcome your enemies yourself; don't try to make anyone (or anything else) solve your own problems. But please, if you feel you must hurt other living creatures, have a better reason for doing it than "They hurt me first." That's like something a small child would say; I like to think we're a little more evolved than that lol.

I would be interested in learning more about any medicinal properties of wasps; I've had a lifelong phobia of them, it'd be nice to understand them more and maybe see them as serving more of a purpose than being a terrifying, aggressive species of insect that pollinates nothing, sacrifices nothing when it stings you over and over again, and just seems generally ticked off like all the time LOL. XD

In their defense though, their brains are far more primitive than ours and can't be blamed for their nature. Personally I don't see them as being or thinking like a little human at all lol. Their view of the world is probably so radically different than our own we probably wouldn't even be able to fit it into our heads anymore than a wasp could understand the human condition lol. =P

There is a lot here that strikes me as an odd response in this forum but perhaps I misunderstand?

- it SOUNDS like you are responding to a post I am missing. I see nothing where anyone is discussing killing wasps or animals... not to say there is no place for that in some practices because there is.

i also see no discussion of the wasps “ghost.”

-it sounds like you are utterly unfamiliar with the concept of representational magic and how it works.

-it sounds like you are unaware that the majority of people in this forum are quite comfortable with curse work, hexing and malefic workings when appropriate. Those who are here and do not DO this type of magic at least respect that it is accepted here. 

It is understood by those with maturity in their path that personal responsibility, shadow work and mundane problem solving are integral parts of this path. So I would not assume that members need to be lectured on this unless they have said something to indicate they do not grasp these concepts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2020 at 6:57 PM, Sabrynia said:

I don’t quite see the point of this thread, but I also disagree with this comment. And would like to explain why.

What does being “evolved” have to do with defending yourself? Hurting someone because they hurt you doesn’t necessarily have to have anything to do with vengeance. Sometimes the best way to make sure someone stops messing with you is to hurt them, it’s a perfectly valid tactic. They may think “oh I wasn’t aware messing with this thing could cause me this much trouble, I’ll stop now” and be on their way. Or they’ll get busy and preoccupied dealing with the damage you caused and not have the time or energy to hurt you anymore. Either way, it’s a valid tactic.

and to second Oroboros, this forum doesn’t generally take kindly to being lectured on morals and ethics. We speak about it when someone asks first or brings it up with the purpose of discussion. And we don’t try to push our own codes on someone else by claiming our code is more ‘evolved’ because well... that is considered preechy. 

Edit: grammar (and got a name wrong)

Edited by FancyShadowCat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I rescued a Butterfly from a spiders web, surely I get Street Creds for that!