I have seen a lovely Crystal wand to treat myself to... Anybody else use these or do you prefer wooden?

I was thinking the smaller Crystal wand is easier to carry... I have had a couple of wooden wands, but they never really resonated with me as tools. I tried making my own, still didn't really resonate. I shall try a crystal, I am going with quartz. Crystals I resonate with better so I'm sure I'll be pleased with a crystal wand. I have practiced & over time I have learnt a wand, athame, tarot, crystals & herbs all resonate... All the rest of the "extra tools" are more decorations than tools to me. I would rather have only 2-3 basic all round tools than lots of various items scattered around.

• Upvote 1

Mind you, whilst conservative in a few areas of witchcraft, I am an incense & candle junkie. Lol. Luckily I try not to go through too many, but I just love the atmosphere they create in my home.

Some very fine wands are made of combinations of woods and crystals along with other elements who's resonations allow maximum energy focus.  Some are custom made to the practitioner with considerations of birthdate, elemental afiliations, animal totems etc. and crafted in traditional ways with love for nature and life.  Some can be powerful healing tools and some can be powerful cursing instruments.  A custom woand does not have to be expensive, just effective and beautiful.

• Upvote 1

Here is a photo of my latest wand creation, her name is Viper and she has a crystal in her tail or the pointy end.

post-4630-0-23434000-1588097257_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks Hunter!  I have a mason jar full of my handmade wands, I have two that I really use, but I enjoy making them, finding them, playing with them.  I have some large double ended quartz crystals which I use as amplifiers.

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, Georgina said:

Mind you, whilst conservative in a few areas of witchcraft, I am an incense & candle junkie. Lol. Luckily I try not to go through too many, but I just love the atmosphere they create in my home.

I'm an incense and candle junkie too! And gem stones/crystals. I know that there are some Trad Witches that don't subscribe to the use of accessories in their practising of the Craft, but sometimes it's nice to know that it's there if you need it.

I have a wand - and I thanked the tree that I procured it from.  But I haven't done a lot with it recently, apart from strip the bark from the wood.

Somehow, with this pandemic always lurking in the background, time seems to move differently for me at the mo. 

One of these days I'll get around to putting a crystal on the end of it!

Edited by AAF9