Sign in to follow this  
Georgina

Ghost

Now, I know the typical method of banishing a ghost is to ward the energy out with white sage... Needless to say, I moved into my partners property & there was "something" here for the entire 13 years he has lived here.

At first I was along the lines of "yeah, yeah, sure. There`s a ghost."

I`ve been around a lot of so-called haunted areas & properties only to find them empty of any activity since the energies move on by the time I am there. My partner was concerned about me pissing it off, however, I do not see why I should live with a ghost on the property. My partner has always slept with the lights on at night because of the high levels of activity once it`s dark. To me, this seems ridiculous. It apparently wakes my partner in the night otherwise by poking him, moving things etc. Well, we are still sleeping with the lights on. He said in the past there were 3 orbs floating in his bedroom one night in the corner which scared the life out of him.

Nope, this property does indeed seem to still have something present. That something kept a low profile when I first arrived. Then it began moving bags & other items in the same room as me, rooms were there was no breeze, nor other outward factors to cause these things to happen. They were not imagined since they attracted the attention of my dog to. It was like something tugged on the, or something similar. This was during the day.

All I had to hand was white sage incense, so I`ve used that (Multiple sticks) around the property. At the end of this fumigation, the "ghost" moved a carrier bag right next to me. I told it to leave. I once had a entity friend I named Deamon who formed into a orb of light sometimes, but this is nothing like her. She would find things for me & leave them on the table at my boat. She did not pose a threat, she felt more like she was seeking refuge on my boat away from people & merely curious.

I`m not sure now if it`s still here... All has been quiet since. I`m wondering however if the white sage incense is half as effective as the white sage bundles traditionally used? Of course protective measures are in place around the property now, spells & the like. I renew them daily whenever possible & I take all sorts of measures to tie up loose ends.

Last night when I stepped out of the bath though, I felt watched. I shook it off & ignored it.

What are your experiences with ghosts like this?

In regards to deamon, she is long gone. I have not seen her in over a year, she was only present during a few weeks whilst I was at a deserted location along the canal when I had my boat. I call her "she" but I am not 100% sure.

This other thing in the property has a completely different energy & it is moving things, which tells me it may cause problems if it stays. It is not helpful in any way, shape or form. It is creepy, attention-seeking & mischevious. Perhaps a poltergeist? I am not sure.

This presence is displaying a more masculine energy whereas Deamon`s was feminine. Very submissive, fearful & reclusive, she did not like attention much. What she was, I will never know. A small entity, surrounded by bright white light. She could slip through the grill on the outside of my boat & she made a fast noise, like insect wings though I could not tell because it was too bright & she was always so fast. I never did get a good look at her.

Posted (edited)

If it's moving things around in an undesired way, it does sound like a poltergeist. Aren't those somehow caused by psychospiritual disturbances of a person who occupies the home? Yet, you say that he claims it was there from the very beginning of his dwelling there. So, maybe not. It sounds angry.

It sounds like you've been leveled-up and given a puzzle, Hunter. Yikes.

I'm no expert in ghosts, honestly. I would say that white sage isn't enough to get rid of something who has been there for over a decade. White sage also doesn't prevent re-occupation. Once the smoke billows away and the task is done, the space has to be warded in some way. My Laboradorite jumped out at me (physically) when I was about to write this, and that stone is good for astral protection. Perhaps ordering some of that and placing it at the corners of the property or house would be beneficial. Black tourmaline, too (with mica if you can get it, holy shit that one's awesome). I know some here don't work with stones, but they come naturally to me and I find them quite useful. They work better if placed with intention, of course. The key is that you want to place something physical in/around the house that represents and functions to keep harmful entities away on a permanent basis.

I have also heard of very literally sitting down and counseling the spirit to encourage it to move on, like a cop would do with a hostageholder. If your beau has been sleeping with the lights on, a grown man, then, it is sort of a hostage situation wouldn't you say?

Sorry I can't be of much more help here.

Edited by phantasmagoria

Indeed Phantamasgoia. If it`s "out there" I always seem to stumble across it. I`ve learnt a lot since joining this forum over time, this universe is honestly incredible with the absurdities & non-sensical things it produces. I learnt that not everything has to have a reason in this life. The logic behind our reality is rather questionable to say the least. The whole thing`s a game & it will go on long after our physical bodies cease to exist.

I am currently researching & thinking of methods to deal with this entity. I like what you stated about the tourmaline, I will certainly be doing something similar. There is also the possibility of binding it to an object & then throwing the object away. Also cleansing... I shall require a smudge stick.

I doubt one method alone shall work, it will likely take multiple spells.

I think it is very wary of me now. It is keeping a low profile for now, but I can sense it is still here. As I type I am sensing it`s presence in the hallway & bathroom, it occasionally moves things in there making noises & you can feel pressure changes in the air. I am on the couch watching my partner sleep on the other couch.

This thing is active day & night. It is slightly more activity at night.

Posted (edited)

Indeed Phantamasgoia. If it`s "out there" I always seem to stumble across it. I`ve learnt a lot since joining this forum over time, this universe is honestly incredible with the absurdities & non-sensical things it produces. I learnt that not everything has to have a reason in this life. The logic behind our reality is rather questionable to say the least. The whole thing`s a game & it will go on long after our physical bodies cease to exist.

I am currently researching & thinking of methods to deal with this entity. I like what you stated about the tourmaline, I will certainly be doing something similar. There is also the possibility of binding it to an object & then throwing the object away. Also cleansing... I shall require a smudge stick.

I doubt one method alone shall work, it will likely take multiple spells.

I think it is very wary of me now. It is keeping a low profile for now, but I can sense it is still here. As I type I am sensing it`s presence in the hallway & bathroom, it occasionally moves things in there making noises & you can feel pressure changes in the air. I am on the couch watching my partner sleep on the other couch.

This thing is active day & night. It is slightly more activity at night.

Oh yes indeed, every now and then life throws me a weird curve that is just totally nonsensical... sometimes stuff I have to "deal with" and other times, just weird things that appear that tell me that the nature of reality is stranger than I think, like for example I started watching a "mindbending" amazon prime show (Tales from the Loop) that features a very strange object in its first episode, an object "from underground" that looks exactly like a piece of tourmaline on a larger specimen that I mined myself. Um.... what?! I couldn't have possibly have manifested an entire TV show that undoubtedly took a whole lot of money and hundreds or even thousands of man-hours to create. Yet, it's the same shape and color, right there in plain sight. You've gotta be kidding me! Absurd and nonsensical are definitely appropriate words.

It's probably thinking, "oh shit, I've been getting away with this for so long and now there's a witch here, well fuck me running/fuck me floating"

Binding it is an interesting idea! I've never done that before but if you can manage it, ridding of it that way sounds like a good option. Putting the object in a place where there's an extreme amount of water or air movement (an airport? OK maybe not, we don't want it messing up air traffic, that would be really bad!!!) rather than burying it sounds good. Ghosts need to move on, unless they're harmless or helpful. For real.

I've known of some people that were serious ghost-hunters and discovered that you can even download apps on your phone that sense the magnetic fields, and can even hear "ghostly voices." I have no idea how reliable they are, but they could help in locating and trapping the entity.

Edited by phantasmagoria

First off, don't make assumptions about spirits. Don't act out of fear. What harm has the spirit actually done so far?

Try to open lines of communication, use your divination skills, a pendulum or spirit board set up works well. For all you know this spirit could be a caretaker/ guardian of the place or have legit reasons for hanging around. Which you may be able to help resolve.

As it seems to be able to effect things physically it could potentially become a useful ally if it's willing to work with you.

In the mean time if you want to keep out the bedroom get some Camphor and/or pine resin if you can and put it under the bed. You can drop the Camphor in a glass of water. If it's feasable I would also place some in the four corners of the room as well.

• Upvote 1

I agree with not acting out of fear. If the spirit or whatever it is, has bad intentions, it usually just feeds on that fear. On the other hand, spirits behave accordingly to their intentions, so it's good to either try to communicate with it, and understand why it's doing what it's doing, or either make notice of how they act (but not before making sure you are protected). Do they harm you or your partner? Have they interacted more than just by moving things around? Maybe the spirit it's just playful and it wants your attention, and not necessary harm you. Maybe you could ask it to stop moving things around, by telling it you acknowledge it's presence and you can both co-exist in the same space, if of course, it's not harmful (make sure it's not lying to you, and never make deals with it. Don't say something like: let's make a deal. If you don't bother me, I won't bother you.)

You could use sea salt or himalayan salt on each corner of your doors and windows, and rooms (but this can be corrosive on certain materials), or make rosemary wreaths and put them on top of your doors/windows (I usually use both. Being cautious is key here.). They both keep things outside the parameter you want to protect (they also force the spirit out of that space), although it's effect doesn't last as much (at least with salt). 

Salt it's effective if you renew it once a few days or weeks, depends. I've kept powerful spirits/beings from entering my home with salt and rosemary, although they do not banish the spirit, but just keeps it at a distance.

This is not a subject I am very knowledgeable, but from my experience, salt, rosemary and cinnamon are quite efficient against spirits, especially if you want a good night's sleep. I use cinammon in my baths, alongside with himalayan salt. Just add two spoons of the mixture into the water and it will cleanse and also create a protective layer around you. 

As Phantasmagoria said, crystals are also very useful as long as they form a grid. Unless you are able to bury crystals on each corner of your home, you can use the same technique, but in each room and space from your home, by creating individual grids in individual spaces. You can use even quartz crystals, since they can also work as an energy absorption kind of thing, not just creating wards around your home. This technique is only efficient as long as you don't trap the spirit inside your house, so you would have to make sure that you banish it before. This will only keep it from entering your home, or keep it somewhere, inside.

If it's harming you, you should consider powerful banishing rituals. Use something along the lines of chaos magick or geomancy, or any other energy induced type of magick. Make sure to cleanse your home before hand, and protect yourself and your partner, as well.

Hope this helped, if just a little.  :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the responses. I haven`t rushed anything or made any changes yet.

I can try & communicate again... I already attempted the Ouja board once to communicate. Wasn`t very successful.

Okay guys, so I did all my work & it's still here. Like, literally it moved a bag near burning sage weeks ago & last night it knocked the washing basket off of a stool. The day before it knocked the bin bag off the kitchen side. No joke.

My dog is oblivious to this btw, he just sleeps through it & ignores it. Sometimes he looks briefly, but then ignores it.

So, I'm starting to think it's a brownie because as I pointed out to my boyfriend - it ain't behaving like a spirit. I put some food out on the kitchen windowsill for it.

The people here long ago were practicing witchcraft. There is a pentagram drawn on the wall beneath the paint in the living room & markings on the floor beneath the carpet. I'm wondering if this brownie was summoned here or something. I'm due to move out & if the critter stays then I'm not sure that will be within the best interests of either the brownie or my boyfriend. My boyfriend seems to annoy it as it is & vice versa. I think they both feel there's a competition going on over who owns the place.

Is there any way I can either release it from the flat or take it with me when I move? I don't know if it's here by choice or if somebody has bound it somehow to the building. 

I feel sorry for it because I'm assuming the witch / wizard (I keep it basic) here before cared for it & then left it here to run riot. It's a shame when people do such things.

I'm researching brownies anyway, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Reminds me of the sprite I had on my boat, but of course different to. The sprite was helpful to me, I left it offerings & spoke to it. It was, of course, very shy & liked to hide. As an entity, it was a small ball of light which flew with the sound you would expect from a large flying insect. The brownie, of course, is completely different & I am new to them.

Learning all the time here as I go. The more you discover, the harder it is to go back, for anyone new reading this.

Oh & magical protection is now in place around the building. Nothing here it seems but this brownie.

Posted (edited)

Interesting turn of events.

I don't have experience with Brownies (besides the baked good, and having been a Brownie Girl Scout!), but, my intuition is telling me to suggest to you making it its own fairy house next to/inside of a particularly nice tree or hedge outside, on the property (well hidden so that future tenants would not find and eliminate it unknowingly). That way it would have its own place, and the conflict of interest would be solved. You could leave a trail of honey cakes or cookies or even fruit, or whatever you feel is right, from your door to its house, with the nicest cake and some milk inside the little house, telling it what you are doing and why, as a gift, and then leave the property for a bit (during twilight, ideally)  to allow it to make its move by choice. Tell it that if it gets lonely, you can visit sometimes and bring sweets, but please to ask permission or be invited before entering the Human's dwelling again. It is worth a try 🙂

Edited by phantasmagoria

No hope of that I'm afraid. The "garden" is communal & something like that would cause an uproar with all our prom & proper Christian / Catholic neighbours. I have to be secretive here. It's a block of flats. The conflict isn't that drastic, more a case of the brownie trying to draw attention to itself & my partner obviously looking the other way pretending  it doesn't exist.

Hmmm. I'm just going to feed it for now. I'll try to take it with me if I can convince it to travel. I could probably use a brownie, I've read they can be very useful to good people. I've read offering it clothes will insult it so it will disappear, but the overall gist I am getting is it is a type of house deity which helps out. 

• Like 1

Also, my partner is very messy.... Guess when he noticed the most activity?

When he made a mess & left it. (Rolleyes) Turns out brownies do not like mess.

He's never fed it, so I presume the brownie has been trying to draw attention without drawing attention, so to speak. They apparently are extremely secretive like most fae. I never believed in fae at all until I encountered the sprite on the boat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How odd! Well, if I were in your position then I'd try to develop a relationship somehow. Either way I am glad it seems to not be malevolent as you originally thought it could be!

Edited by phantasmagoria
re-thought my answer

Posted (edited)

Personally, I wouldn't use sage for banishing. I find it more of a peaceful feeling plant, something that brings a calm. I tend to use rosemary (low level), pine (slightly stronger), camphor or asafoetida (more noxious).

As for brownie style beings, I find them to be entirely related to the property or area. I've never heard of one moving. I believe (but please do correct if I'm wrong, as I'm no Roman History scholar) that even domestic Lares (there were different types) in Ancient Roman folklore tended to stay in the property they were from itself. Ancestral or family spirits, of course, move with you. We left our old household spirit in the old house. Our current house has separate ones, which is interesting, as it was originally two properties and then had an extension as well. You can feel the difference in energy as you walk through. We give honey, milk and cream off the top of the milk (every time we have that milk). If the house is kept neat/clean they tend to be happy. Ours is often messy with a child around and we're trying to revamp it, but I keep up a good communication line with our house spirits and give regular offerings. As the house was empty before for long periods and also left with decorating unfinished in parts, as well as not being connected up together fully (electrics/water etc all separate), I've been working on helping them work together more. I think the lack of care for a long time made them more biddable to the fact we're trying to get the house looking good/cared for. Ours aid in protection work and guide us on household issues.

Edited to add: I wouldn't get rid of a house spirit except for a very good reason. I feel they're part of the history of the house and help you work with the property on household magic and protection. From my point of view, ridding a property of them would be opening the house up to new spirits who may not be so helpful. Working with them can aid in preventing unwanted spirits from entering.

Edited by BlackbirdSong

Interesting & I believe you are right.

I used a mixture of sage & pine blackbirdsong , so it's not just me using pine for banishing! 😀

I mix it together & burn it. Make my own bundles from tissue & thread. Works really well!I

My little blackbird is doing well btw.

Definitely not just you 😊 Pine is a staple of mine. I make bundles too, but often do a loose mix and carry the burning receptacle around. 

So glad to hear your blackbird is doing well! That's wonderful news! 

Sign in to follow this