WoodlandWitch

Finding the Right Familiar

Hello everyone!

I need some advice when it comes to connecting with a familiar, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to calling a familiar to you so I haven't had any luck there. If any of you have been successful in aquiring a familiar of some sort, I would be very grateful for some advice. I understand that finding and bonding with a familiar is a very personal thing and something I have to do entirely by myself, but any small tips or tricks are appreciated!  :D

/WoodlandWitch

I wish I could be more help, but the one familiar I have found their way to me... so I don't really have any advice.

Hello, I have a few questions.

What have you tried? Why do you think it failed?

What is a familiar? Why do you want one? What do you want it for?

Also have you searched the forums for the discussions on familiars.

• Upvote 1

All I know about Familiers is that they are not house pets but the spirits of a deceased animal with whom you have made an agreement to work with you.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't have to be an animal spirit it could be any kind of spirit.

• Upvote 2

My tip would be to get out and interact with the spirits, a familiar spirit is literally a spirit that you're familiar with, someone/thing that wants to work with you.

So get out an introduce yourself. Make yourself worthy of a familiar worth having. They work with you because there's something in it for them; protection, amusement, companionship, etc.
I prefer to have a familiar through relationships, though if you feel formidable enough you can do it through intimidation. To each their own.
Make it clear though, what your expectations and obligations will be on both sides. If you fail to live up to your part, or give what seems to the familiar an unfair deal, they will go on to greener pastures unless you've bound them into service (I do not advise you do, I guess, unless you're going the intimidation route and are good at giving discipline; otherwise you'll have a spiteful entity who will at best not help you or at worst sabotage you, bound to you)

• Upvote 2

My dog's weird as fuck, I swear he's a familiar. Accompanies me everywhere. I'm not sure on the whole "pet's can't be familiars" thing, I personally think there's no set rules on how these spirits manifest into our realities. My dog just appeared one day on my Facebook page when I was browsing... He looked oddly familiar & on a whim (I would not recommend this btw, I was aware of the responsibility) I bought him. Even got a discount. That was years ago now. Never had a dog like it, he's very weird. I can't even describe how weird he is. German shepherd, very slinky-looking dark one. Anyway, he responds to spirits, energies, magical workings, etc, so I'm just confused & not labelling him. 

I know it sounds cliche, but I had a cat find his way into my life. He was very nervous of everybody else, but he would let me handle him and I made a huge fuss of him, gained his trust over time and eventually he would lie next to me while I was pathworking or appear while I was practising.

He came into my life without ever being forced. But no one else....even my partner had a hard time trying to pet him, he gained some very sore scratches (my partner, not the cat).

I came to look at him as a familiar and a pet. Our bond was so strong.

I lost him to hyperthyroidism about four years ago, he suffered a massive heart attack after we tried medication from the vet (which only helped for a while). I was devastated.

Our flesh and blood bond was broken, but I still feel him now. I regularly dream of him - I just wish it wasn't so painful.

I don't know if I'll ever find that type of bond again in a living being, but we still have it in spirit.

Yes, once is a while, there are special bonds that are formed and last forever.  Special creatures, that we conect with so perfectly .  Sometimes, just for a short while.  That Perfect Love, Trust and Understanding.  Sweeter for the lost.

Do not search for another familiar.  When the time is right, she will find you.