Carnival Row

phantasmagoria

This show is on Amazon Prime, and I’ll say, worth getting that service for. It’s touted as a “world building” show like GoT, which I missed the boat on, so, I can’t speak for that, but, sounds about right. Fae and Pucks are full-bodied. The show is set in Victorian times and explores race and class relations: Fae/Pucks are refugees, and this stirs up all kinds of shit, from oppression to abuse. The show also demonstrates Witchcraft, both “holy” and “unholy.” Plot twists and character relations are, IMO, masterfully woven. I binged it, and can’t believe I have to wait till next year for the next season. 

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

We have to wait until at least the end of the year, if not next year, for season 2. Lord Light of the Sun that shines on our planet, I'm not sure if I can survive the agony of waiting, but I think I will be intact and well and I'll be able to withstand the pain of waiting for this show to come back 😭

haha yea I was looking up the season 2 release date yesterday as well. Maybe August by the sounds of it. At least they were able to start filming again.