24 replies to this topic

#1 Wezip

Wezip

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

I have searched the forums and couldn't see any topic matching this, so forgive me if it's already been discussed (happy to delete or move if moderators see fit)…

I was wondering...

For those of you who see spirits / ghosts / demons / energy etc 

Whatever it is that you may see, HOW do you see them? As in how do they appear to you as an individual?

Do they appear as physical beings that look as real as you or me? Or do you see outlines? Shadows? See through characters? 

Do they speak directly to you? Or do you guess at what they might want to say?

Can you call upon them to visit you, or do you have no choice as to when they may appear?

The first time you saw one, what happened? How did you make initial contact?

Sorry for the many, many questions, but I am genuinely interested in how each person experiences something like this.  

I would like to share my own personal experiences via this chat too, however rather than have any replies or comments related to those experiences just yet, I'd love to hear some of your own experiences first.

Thanks for reading. 

#2 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:53 PM

I’m not one of those who are called seers, sometimes I see, sometimes not.

Whatever it is that you may see, HOW do you see them? As in how do they appear to you as an individual?

I can’t answer unequivocally this, it happens in different ways. After all, not everyone is like humans, not all in the past has been humans, and not everyone understands human thoughts, passions, aspirations and desires.

Do they appear as physical beings that look as real as you or me? Or do you see outlines? Shadows? See through characters? 

Not for me. Not everyone. Of course, some may try to take a form or image less accessible to our minds and perceptions, but this does not mean a complete understanding. Although, in most cases you can convey your idea if you try.

Do they speak directly to you? Or do you guess at what they might want to say?

Exclusively direct. And it’s very direct. There is no such thing as politeness.

Can you call upon them to visit you, or do you have no choice as to when they may appear?

Someone can be called, someone can come by himself. But if I do not want to communicate with an invioted or uninvited guest, I can always cut off contact.

The first time you saw one, what happened? How did you make initial contact?

First time ... I'll try to remember.
The first time more or less close contact occurred in 1997. I lived with a dog in a large old house, once owned by my grandfather then. In the stage between sleep and awakening, a woman appeared, she called herself Adele. She talked to me, if not every morning then after one for sure, week or two, until one day I felt a pronounced attempt to suppress. She insistently asked me to repeat her name. I began to repeat, and with repetitions I felt how she is approaching, closer and closer. It made me feel uncomfortable. I stopped and have not seen her since for all 5 years I lived in this house. She was dark-haired, she was 35-38 years old as it seemed to me. I myself was 35 then. Afterwards, I searched the archives to see if there was once a woman named Adele. It turns out that it was before my grandfather, before my grandfather bought this house, in 1935. She was a wife of German officer who owned house for a while. She committed suicide. 
Since then I can quite easy contact. Not just humans(or ex humans), there are others out there who never been humans. Also I have learned there is no need to speak out laud. I will be heard without it.

Sorry for the many, many questions, but I am genuinely interested in how each person experiences something like this.  
I also wonder how others communicate.

Edited by Mona, 29 January 2020 - 08:02 PM.

#3 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 04:47 AM

For me they usually appear in dreams or in my minds eye. I don’t usually see them physically, but it depends on the person really. My friend sees/hears them physically.

#4 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

I will tell you the story of my ghostly encounter.

This happened a long time ago but it is very clear in my mind still.  I was upstairs making the bed when I saw the form of a young boy, he appeared to be around 6 years old, he was semi transparent but I could clearly see his features.  Knowing the history of the house I knew he was the deceased son of the former home owners, they had moved next door.

I called him by name, James, I told him that this was not his house anymore and that his Mother lived in the new house, next door.  If he wanted to see his Mom, he had to go there.  I also told him he was dead and he should go to the light.  He must have because I have never seen him again.

James is my only apparition, but I can sense where a person has died in a house.  It is a little unsettling.  I usually just blurt it out, "Oh there is a spirit here."

#5 UnMasked1467

UnMasked1467

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:38 AM

I am a very visual person, however I have heard and felt more spirits/ghosts/demons than I have seen them, ironically. I have seen orbs of light, and there is what I believe to be a dark spirit that I have seen once and heard/felt many times. I have heard it whispering to me and heard its footsteps above my bedroom. One of the spirits I saw was in my parents’ new house; they had purchased it from a Lutheran minister’s widow, and when I saw him one night, he was in human form but looked like he was composed of webs or some pale, ethereal substance. He was extremely still with deep, hollow eyes. I honestly didn’t feel any judgment or malice from him. He was just there. 

The spirits I have encountered have whispered to me, also once when I was helping with an investigation, the spirit gave me her name in my mind. She was a murder victim. I have called upon the spirits of ancestors to come to me depending on my purpose, and spirits have visited me of their own accord. 

The first encounter I had was in my parents’ old house; the basement had a door leading to some concrete steps outside. One night I remember hearing a loud, growling noise from that part of the basement, but we had no pets at the time. I was more curious than terrified, so I went over to see it. I didn’t see any physical form, but that night in my dreams I heard the growl again and saw it as a wolf with piercing eyes. 

#6 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

It is an odd feeling when you feel or see a ghost, you see it and it is really up to you to recognize what you are seeing and how you are going to react.  Hopefully calmly.

#7 BlackbirdSong

BlackbirdSong

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

Sometimes real, sometimes it's a picture in my mind, other times they are shadows or I don't see them at all and just feel a presence. Sometimes I hear them speak clearly, other times it's words or a voice that comes more into the edges of my being, like a whisper but not quite. Often, I hear their accent and words. There are times when it's just a strong feeling. I don't guess at what they want to say, I wait for them and if they are not clear I ask questions to try and get clarity. I might use cards and so on to help with this, or just speak. I've had a song come on when certain spirits contact me with a message in response to my questions, other times I see an animal connected with them or other symbols that keep popping up. I find they choose all sorts of ways to communicate. I do call on them, but I also encounter them by chance or they choose to come. The first time was as a child. I also encounter them in dreams.

That probably all sounds a bit chaotic, but it varies so much for me. Often, I find many people who say they can't contact spirits just lack confidence in trusting what they see, feel or hear. I think that's where notes can be so useful. When we were looking for a new house, I'd been recording what the spirits told me to look for. They kept saying a certain coloured front door, but the house I felt they were drawing me to didn't have that colour door, just a typical plastic one. We walked in and felt it was the place for us, then as we went to leave, I realised that on the inside of the porch was the original front door (open when we arrived with Estate Agent in front of it) and it was the right colour. If I wasn't used to listening to these feelings, images etc. I could have discounted it as a memory as my childhood front door was the same blue. We're the happiest we've ever been here and the spirits were right on every level when I look back through my notes, but it's easy for those beginning to really doubt what the guidance they're receiving - and, of course, some spirits are lovely and tricksy. My spirit work got so much better when I stopped panicking about how others experienced it or how books said it should be and just started putting aside time to chat. Later, our Ancestral spirits were very helpful with that, as well as general chat, I set aside time each day where I just talked to them about what was going on, gave them offerings, asked their advice on things. 

I had a scary night hag type encounter once, but it differed in that this was a man - very clearly. I thought at first he was an intruder and saw him walk across my bedroom towards me and climb on the bed. When he began to throttle me, I realised he wasn't a physical entity and got rid of him, but that was blooming terrifying. My fault in some ways, I clearly hadn't protected the room well. It was years ago and in shared university accommodation. He'd said a name and age. I researched and found he had hanged himself previously there. Other people in the block had other experiences too. He really didn't like people in that space.

#8 woodwitchofthewest

woodwitchofthewest

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:59 AM

I remember one day that my mother and I were having a lot of anger and arguments.  We ended up working together some time that afternoon trying to get our dining table to come apart so we could get the extra middle leaf out.  We were still arguing, tugging on the table, and then suddenly, it finally gave and the two halves just flew apart.  And as it did, up from the middle, rose a black plume of dense "smoke."  I saw it, my mother saw it, too.  We were both in shock.  It rose up from the middle of the table and then dissipated before it reached the ceiling.  I don't know if that was a dark spirit causing some of the anger and strife in the house that day, but I do know that after it left, we stopped arguing.  Could have just been the shock, though.  

Edited by woodwitchofthewest, 22 February 2020 - 03:00 AM.

If I were more clever, something interesting would appear here...

#9 Guest_Gabriel999_*

Guest_Gabriel999_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

In my case I encounter mostly ... demons, sometimes my demon jumps into others, sometimes he makes me see things in dreams.

Tonight I am listening to De temporum fine comoedia, it just appeared in my thoughts, after the spell that I released with my seal (it gives you an idea of the type of spell that I cast) as well as I could, but I admit I am unworthy of such offices...

So, I never saw my demon properly speaking, only I knew in the eyes of others and him transferring to me their inner thoughts and soul. 

Some spells heat the air around me for a good 30 min to one hour, maybe I am doing it incorrectly? especially the first time, second time I received mild burn on my face. However I do these spells with my guardian angel and I am using the seal of the Christian God.

I never saw ghosts, but I saw some demon girls following me and I summoned half human/half demon girls twice, this I can do in most places for my own pleasure. 

The last encounter was at the grocery store this afternoon.

And one of the maddest thing my demon did is strike me with lightning (this summer) for a few seconds twice when I was sitting at the dinner table with a specific thought, all I saw was purple and paralysis, but someone saw me and saw extreme lights around me, the lights around me went 10 times brighter, as well as he heard an ear deafening electrical sound. It was simply my demon giving me an order, a strong order which I followed and performed. 

#10 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:31 AM

In my case I encounter mostly ... demons, sometimes my demon jumps into others, sometimes he makes me see things in dreams.

Tonight I am listening to De temporum fine comoedia, it just appeared in my thoughts, after the spell that I released with my seal (it gives you an idea of the type of spell that I cast) as well as I could, but I admit I am unworthy of such offices...

So, I never saw my demon properly speaking, only I knew in the eyes of others and him transferring to me their inner thoughts and soul.

Some spells heat the air around me for a good 30 min to one hour, maybe I am doing it incorrectly? especially the first time, second time I received mild burn on my face. However I do these spells with my guardian angel and I am using the seal of the Christian God.

I never saw ghosts, but I saw some demon girls following me and I summoned half human/half demon girls twice, this I can do in most places for my own pleasure.

The last encounter was at the grocery store this afternoon.

And one of the maddest thing my demon did is strike me with lightning (this summer) for a few seconds twice when I was sitting at the dinner table with a specific thought, all I saw was purple and paralysis, but someone saw me and saw extreme lights around me, the lights around me went 10 times brighter, as well as he heard an ear deafening electrical sound. It was simply my demon giving me an order, a strong order which I followed and performed.

Gabriel999, assuming that any of this is even possibly, remotely true- to any remotely possible extent, you probably won’t want to be sharing such austentatious stories. Most (or all) here will not believe them, and this is a serious forum. I haven’t been here for too long, but I have seen people get on quite the rough start here from telling such tall tales. This often results in them having their account either deleted, or getting banned from the ensuing ruckus it caused.

Try to think from our perspective, we don’t know you at all and you just told us that “your demon” gives you orders by expending the incredible amount of energy of summoning a lighting bolt- to strike you with the message no less- when in all practicality this order could’ve simply come telepathically. We have no reason to believe any being would waste so much energy on such an unnescessarily flamboyant (and dangerous) display- simply to communicate with you. It’s not in any way practical or sensible, so you will be VERY HARD pressed, to find any one of us believing such an anecdote. Just FYI.

If you really want to have a good relationship with this forum, try to establish trust before going on about wild stories. I’ve made mistakes posting here at first as well, I was a desperate newbie who asked several needy sounding questions and posts when I first became a member. Try to see the personality of the forum so that your transition here is smooth.

Edited by FancyShadowCat, 23 February 2020 - 04:36 AM.

#11 BlackbirdSong

BlackbirdSong

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:37 AM

Gabriel999, your post concerns me a little. I noticed in your profile, you talk about being bewitched and about catholism, but the description of the magic sounds a little grimoire-like and you talk about seals, but also claim not to connect with either 'magic' or 'grimoire'. The main thing that concerns me is this line I do not want to burn myself, hurt others or anything like this, however it did happened and I deeply regret it. When linked with the line Only I knew in the eyes of others and him transferring to me their inner thoughts and soul, it sounds a bit worrying.

You've had a very good response on what to do if it isn't truth, so I'm going to respond as if it is truth and say I'd be very concerned that you're working with something you don't seem to understand yet. There's a lot of religious focus, a focus on the hurting of others and yourself. You're talking about burns and destroying everything. You say this has been going on for a week, since you've been able to see God and ghosts. Now, I'm not going to say these things never happen, but what I will say is that emotional health is really important in Witchcraft and (what I believe is) it can be sent awry through certain spirit contact when not done in the right way. If I personally was experiencing myself having a very sudden shift from Catholism to feeling demons were feeding me thought, if I was accidentally hurting people and receiving/giving burns, then I would take some time to look at my emotional health before anything else.

Woodwitchofthewest, that's interesting. I definitely find spirits can affect my emotions, so the tension makes sense. 

#12 WitchVillage

WitchVillage

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:18 PM

Just to chip in to say I agree wholeheartedly with BlackbirdSong here. If I were experiencing what you are experiencing Gabriel999, I'd take time out from spiritual studies and focus outwardly, just on worldly things until it all calmed down and I could gain an objective perspective on it. Keep Well.

Gabriel999, your post concerns me a little. I noticed in your profile, you talk about being bewitched and about catholism, but the description of the magic sounds a little grimoire-like and you talk about seals, but also claim not to connect with either 'magic' or 'grimoire'. The main thing that concerns me is this line I do not want to burn myself, hurt others or anything like this, however it did happened and I deeply regret it. When linked with the line Only I knew in the eyes of others and him transferring to me their inner thoughts and soul, it sounds a bit worrying.

You've had a very good response on what to do if it isn't truth, so I'm going to respond as if it is truth and say I'd be very concerned that you're working with something you don't seem to understand yet. There's a lot of religious focus, a focus on the hurting of others and yourself. You're talking about burns and destroying everything. You say this has been going on for a week, since you've been able to see God and ghosts. Now, I'm not going to say these things never happen, but what I will say is that emotional health is really important in Witchcraft and (what I believe is) it can be sent awry through certain spirit contact when not done in the right way. If I personally was experiencing myself having a very sudden shift from Catholism to feeling demons were feeding me thought, if I was accidentally hurting people and receiving/giving burns, then I would take some time to look at my emotional health before anything else.

Woodwitchofthewest, that's interesting. I definitely find spirits can affect my emotions, so the tension makes sense. 

Heaven above, Heaven below
Stars above, stars below
All that is over, under shall show
Happy thou who the riddle readest

#13 Guest_Gabriel999_*

Guest_Gabriel999_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:22 PM

Hi guys, you are absolutely right that I need to calm down. I just cannot believe it until yesterday. Writing my magic book, drawing my seals has helped me understand what I denied for so long, as well as accepting that my demon is in my dreams and I saw him so many times and refused to recognize him.

Until last night I was still in doubt about who I was, then... 

I was reading something about witches and connection with nature and trees and I had the desire to obtain a silver bell just like that... This is 

when I felt it without denial... One specific tree of my childhood on the path to school was bringing me to his powers and I was dreaming of this tree and it was revealing secrets which words cannot describe. I moved out of this city 28 years ago and when I returned to connect with my old environment from which I drew spiritual powers and saw the stump of the tree I cracked down in tears. There is another tree like that on the road to school in the other city as well as another here. Then I knew and accepted.

I received the test of mental health when I was young, no it isn't perfect but it is stronger than most people to enable me to deal with the imbalance. (I talk openly to friends, relatives, priests, go to mass confess rarely :) see doctors, psychologist etc as I need too)

The most astonishing aspect is that I meet who I think is my true love and she told me she is a witch and I said to her she wasn't. However now that I look at her in a new way I start to believe her too... 

I can precise this:

I do not want to burn myself,  

I did from what was revealed to me some spells and it burned the air around me and I received small burns by doing those spells inside the house. I protect myself by carrying silver with me and holding it in my hands during offices, I have no idea if it makes a difference or not. 

hurt others or anything like this, however it did happened and I deeply regret it

A girl at the office was taken by my demon and she had an incredible effect on me when she touched me, I thought she was mine and we did inappropriate things. However I knew it was not true and she was not for me, I was already with the other girl in thoughts. So I had to detach myself from her and I wrote to her inappropriate letters at work, one day it was too much and she showed it to the boss, complained of harassment, then I had a disciplinary meeting, I wanted it to happen to hate her. I denied everything at the meeting buy my blood was racing this was on Friday. I wished her to experience physical distress and be punished for the lies. I felt a great relief. Then on Monday everyone told me she almost died during the weekend and thought that I should be concerned because they thought that I loved her. I was't surprised, she fell off a speedboat and her neck was caught in the anchor rope, she was dragged under water and her head missed the propeller but she almost drowned by the time someone noticed, because no one had...and she had deep black marks all around her body. 

So I leave a long trail of curses, on myself, on others, and they all worked too well. And I could reverse them yesterday as I admitted what I had done before it was too late, I broke as many as I could remember and did new ones properly this time with the will of God, not my will. 

I hope this clarifies the unreal  :blink:

#14 woodwitchofthewest

woodwitchofthewest

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:32 PM

Thank you for the validation on that, BlackbirdSong.  It was definitely an interesting experience.  I was shocked that my mother could also see it, because that meant I couldn't easily explain it away as just my imagination.  I can't readily think of any other time I've felt or seen anything that could be described as a "spirit."  I have talked to dead relatives in dreams, though, but I don't think that's the same.  

#15 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

Thank you for the validation on that, BlackbirdSong. It was definitely an interesting experience. I was shocked that my mother could also see it, because that meant I couldn't easily explain it away as just my imagination. I can't readily think of any other time I've felt or seen anything that could be described as a "spirit." I have talked to dead relatives in dreams, though, but I don't think that's the same.

I’ve also talked to a dead relative in a dream before. And what I saw of them in the dream was described perfectly to a T by my best friend who is a reluctant psychic medium. She even described the family member she saw said deceased relative hanging around, which again matched what I saw. She also talks to spirits in her sleep as you described.

I very much believe that you were talking to the spirits of your deceased relatives.

#16 woodwitchofthewest

woodwitchofthewest

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:32 AM

I’ve also talked to a dead relative in a dream before. And what I saw of them in the dream was described perfectly to a T by my best friend who is a reluctant psychic medium. She even described the family member she saw said deceased relative hanging around, which again matched what I saw. She also talks to spirits in her sleep as you described.

I very much believe that you were talking to the spirits of your deceased relatives.

It did feel very, very real.  Especially the time where I dreamed I was talking on the phone to my late mother.  She was talking like she did a few months before she died (demented, a lot of "word salad" and paranoia...)

Now that I recall it here, I have realized this was actually a very vivid lucid dream.   I realized during the dream that I was dreaming, but on the chance that something I could say might get through to her, I deliberately chose to not "follow the dream script" and instead just started telling her that I loved her, that everything would be alright, and I really missed her.  So, maybe you are right. 

I am just sad to think that even months after her death, her spirit is still so confused and upset.  Or, maybe time as we know it just doesn't figure in here and how she was "on the phone" that early morning is not really an indication of how she actually is now, wherever she is.  

Anyway, thank you for your response. It is sad but also comforting. 

#17 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:48 AM

It did feel very, very real. Especially the time where I dreamed I was talking on the phone to my late mother. She was talking like she did a few months before she died (demented, a lot of "word salad" and paranoia...)

Now that I recall it here, I have realized this was actually a very vivid lucid dream. I realized during the dream that I was dreaming, but on the chance that something I could say might get through to her, I deliberately chose to not "follow the dream script" and instead just started telling her that I loved her, that everything would be alright, and I really missed her. So, maybe you are right.

I am just sad to think that even months after her death, her spirit is still so confused and upset. Or, maybe time as we know it just doesn't figure in here and how she was "on the phone" that early morning is not really an indication of how she actually is now, wherever she is.

Anyway, thank you for your response. It is sad but also comforting.

I’m sorry for how you lost her, my dad lost his dad a couple weeks ago, who also had severe dementia. Often a very tell-tale sign that you’re communicating with a spirit is that you’ll realize or wonder if you’re talking to a dead person or spirit during the dream.

And this is off topic but MAN this Pisces new moon has me feeling emotional with topics like this lol.

#18 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:44 PM

And this is off topic but MAN this Pisces new moon has me feeling emotional with topics like this lol.

You too!  I must have cried a river this month, I am so emotional too.  I'm a Cancer, so water all the way.  It is a time for reflection, germination time, just waiting till we sprout!

#19 woodwitchofthewest

woodwitchofthewest

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:46 PM

I’m sorry for how you lost her, my dad lost his dad a couple weeks ago, who also had severe dementia. 

I'm sorry for your family's loss as well.  Dementia is a really hard way for someone to go, not only for the family, but the person themselves.  

Often a very tell-tale sign that you’re communicating with a spirit is that you’ll realize or wonder if you’re talking to a dead person or spirit during the dream.

That makes sense.  And I guess that means I talk to dead relatives and interact with dead pets more often than I realized, because when I see them in dreams, I am almost always conscious of the fact that they are gone, and that it is a dream and not reality which I'm experiencing.  

#20 WitchVillage

WitchVillage

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:40 AM

Just to agree with the points made about dead spirit relatives and lucidity in dreams.

I know when I'm dreaming "about" an inner-image of my mother, when she's not really as she was in life, and I don't become lucid.

I know when I'm dreaming about an astral visit "from" my mother's spirit, when she's as she was in life, and I become lucid straightaway.

Happens all the time. Less so in recent years but ver frequently in the years shortly after she died. When I meet her now, it's with big hugs and recognition. We're both excited to see one another again and it's just like catching up. Though the dreams are usually short, they are very vivid and crystal clear, usually colourful. Plus everything she says makes complete sense, no fuzzy confused messages. Same with my Nan, though I've dreamed less of her. Once she came to bring me a gift, it was a big gift and I was literally speechless with surprise. We were sitting across the table from one another, and she said in her usual blunt tone: "Well! Aren't you going to say thank you!?"

That makes sense.  And I guess that means I talk to dead relatives and interact with dead pets more often than I realized, because when I see them in dreams, I am almost always conscious of the fact that they are gone, and that it is a dream and not reality which I'm experiencing.  

Edited by WitchVillage, 25 February 2020 - 05:43 AM.

Heaven above, Heaven below
Stars above, stars below
All that is over, under shall show
Happy thou who the riddle readest