Sign in to follow this  
Jadugar

Coincidences and the Craft: The Cosmos Conspiring with the Cunning Conjurer

I do like me some alliteration.

The last few days have been wonderfully lucky craft-wise. Like, obscenely good. Y'see, I'm doing a bit of a project for some people (although not to their benefit); it's a week-long affair of empowering a plethora of spells to seal in a box before releasing it all in a big boom, the release date auspiciously falling on the equinox hand on my black heart, I swear I didn't plan this. I'm mainly drawing the works from a selection of Arabian spells. Unfortunately, I didn't have many of the required tools. First of, I didn't even have the box I wanted, or the lighter, or the rose-water, or the pieces of broken pottery, or feathers, and so on. 

I was hesitant to substitute anything and so resided myself to make a shopping list and open up my wallet when, lo and behold, I get sent a gift from a family member. Now, I'd like to preface this by saying I didn't tell anyone what I was doing, or what I needed, nor made any active magical effort to gain these things for free; it was by sheer luck that a day later I was gifted a neat little black box with a bit of rose water and saffron in it. 

But I'm from a Persian family and such things are routinely at hand, pure coincidence, so I didn't think much of it. But just today, when I was walking back home from a few errands, what did I find on my path but the perfect bowl (not too dense, wide brim for writing on, yellow color), a few crow feathers, and a discarded lighter that was still full. (Not all together of course, found them all along my path.)

Was it passive intellect that attracted these to me? A subconscious flight of my spirit to gather the things I need? A confirmation from the world that my will is blessed and assured? Just pure dumb luck? Who knows! Bit too busy trying to find out how to break a bowl in such a way that only the bottom remains intact to ponder such things right now. Help on this would be appreciated lol.

What about you guys? Any experiences when everything was just insanely perfect? When, for once in magic, success was handed to you instead of fought for?

• Upvote 1

Lucky you! This happens to me all the time, I simply say that I want something and it will happen, first of all , you have to really want it and say it with some conviction. The Universe will provide it, if you are paying attention.

Here is one example; I was on holiday in Mexico, it was the last day and everyone had seen a Whale breaching, except for me. Not a glimpse. I said out loud and with feeling "I want to see a Whale jump, right here" and I pointed at the Sea in front of me, "and right now", and OMG! it happened.

I burst out into tears!

• Upvote 3

Lucky you! This happens to me all the time, I simply say that I want something and it will happen, first of all , you have to really want it and say it with some conviction. The Universe will provide it, if you are paying attention.

Here is one example; I was on holiday in Mexico, it was the last day and everyone had seen a Whale breaching, except for me. Not a glimpse. I said out loud and with feeling "I want to see a Whale jump, right here" and I pointed at the Sea in front of me, "and right now", and OMG! it happened.

I burst out into tears!

Reminds me of my favorite activity to do during long, boring car drives. Strangely engaging trying to guess the exact moment a light will turn green; eventually you learn the timing of the lights on familiar routes and can mildly impress your friends with it. 

• Upvote 1

YAS! I obtained a beautiful obsidian sphere (purchased with my own money, but at a steeply discounted rate to the point that I could afford it!) over the course of a year. The reader's digest version: I walked into a rock and gem shop close to my house and spotted the sphere, but as it was too expensive, I gazed longingly at it, wished for it, then left. I didn't return to that shop for almost a year. Driving home one day, I saw a bright green sign in the shop window, so I whipped my car around and parked outside the shop. The sign said everything was 50% off, but as I approached the shop door, I doubted the sphere would still be there. Despite my doubt, I charged inside and went straight to where the sphere was encased, and lo, there it sat, beaming up at me in it's friendly way, waiting for me to take it home! It now stands proudly on my altar, I love it so much.

There was another time, when I was a child. I was helping my grandparents clean one of their company locations, with my cousin, and as the job was wrapping up, we went to one of the vending machines. I loudly proclaimed, "I wish for a lemonade!" and I pressed the lemonade vending button (no money had been fed to the machine by any of us). Sure enough, my wish was granted, a nice cool lemonade can came tumbling down the machine and into my happy little hands. 

I just love hearing stories about this kinda stuff! 

• Upvote 2

I love that you finally got your Obsidian sphere, sometime you have to wait a while, but we are patient, aren't we.

• Upvote 3

I had many   pure coincidence like that. When I want something it comes to me. And if it does not, perhaps I do not need it for own good :)) My wishes can be wild. 

Edited by Mona
  • Upvote 2

Not quite a wish, but I have a thing for someone at work. I went into the cooler and said, "I want a sign he is still into me." The very instant I came out of the cooler, he came through the door of my department seemingly on his way to the trash chute with trash from all of the offices down the hall. Mind you, that is *not* his job. Another instance is just yesterday, I was wondering if he was still into me again, since he hasn't been at work in awhile. Lo and behold, my next customer had the same profession that he does. So... perhaps "coincidence"... but I doubt it.

• Upvote 2

I once found myself attracted to someone i sat near in my philosophy class. I got a certain feeling about him, but he was very Christian. Instinctively I channeled that desire to know if he was a fellow gay, and somehow after a 15-30 minute conversation I became the first person he ever told that he was bisexual. My “wishes” do tend to work better on men than anything else for whatever reason.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this