Just around the corner.

Any special plans or preparations?

#2 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:38 PM

I always like to mark the day somehow, usually I get the Altar all decked out, some nice autumnal flowers. i think is a good thing to mark the seasons, all of them, but especially the Solstices and Equinoxes.
Give thanks and have a good meal. I cannot wait for Halloween.

#3 NatureMama

NatureMama

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:19 PM

Weather permitting we'll spend time outside enjoying the Fall colors, do some Fall art and crafts, and bake something seasonal and festive. I'll set some quiet time aside for reflection on the fruit of my labor for this past year, the approaching time of rest, and find some new ways to express gratitude and appreciation for the many blessings in my life.

#4 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:21 PM

Fall has hit the Kootenays! The trees have that first frost look to them, just the tips are turning yellow. I have brought my Poinsettias in from the garden.
In October they will go in the closet to start turning red. It worked last year, I'm hopeful that it will work again this year.
They enjoyed it on the deck this Summer, they are huge. Third year for one, second year for the other. They are like pets now, no names yet, but give it time.

#5 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

I will go to the forest. I go to woods every autumn, I like the autumn forest. Last year a hurricane happened and blew off all the colored leaves. I hope this year everything works out. I also want to cause a storm again. Last year it turned out, but maybe just a coincidence.

#6 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:33 PM

I have to be in the forest as often as possible.

As the wheel turns, I find myself very close to the natural world and make every effort to be in it.

#7 Jadugar

Jadugar

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:40 PM

Curses! All the curses! It's a waning moon on the 23rd, too! May my enemies wither and lose their luster like the browning leaves, spines snapped and trodden beneath like heavy boots upon the skeletal, fallen leaves. And also burn their tongue on that sweet pumpkin spice latte. Although I should do something nice and nature-focused, wouldn't want to start the season on just a malefic note. Maybe I'll go take a hike in some near by wooded areas and take home with me all sorts of nice artifacts. 

))    /L    -o         
 ((  Z'@   O'       (
.__/-;U\   T  ,_,_)
(__) |__\  |   (Y),)

"Remember, don't hex and drive!"

#8 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

And may their ill gotten funds be robbed from them at the orgies of Black Friday through Cyber Monday, and may they most painfully endure the rude ineptitude of the over worked Wal Mart associate.  May the overpriced materials they covet be out of stock and out of warranty.  May their Amazon purchase result in delayed and incorrect shipments and finally arrive infested by ants and bedbugs most foul.

May your gathering be successful.

Edited by Sagefire, 16 September 2019 - 08:01 PM.

#9 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

Curses! All the curses! It's a waning moon on the 23rd, too! May my enemies wither and lose their luster like the browning leaves, spines snapped and trodden beneath like heavy boots upon the skeletal, fallen leaves. And also burn their tongue on that sweet pumpkin spice latte. Although I should do something nice and nature-focused, wouldn't want to start the season on just a malefic note. Maybe I'll go take a hike in some near by wooded areas and take home with me all sorts of nice artifacts.

Sounds like you will be running "Amok, Amok, Amok" Have fun!