Photo
- - - - -

Classification of Witches

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:11 PM

According to Formicarius (a book written by Johannes Nider around 1435), witches were classified as "Malefici" and could do cause injury, death and/or property damage in seven ways:

1. Inspiring love

2. Inspiring hatred

3. Causing impotence

4. Causing disease

5. Taking a life

6. Depriving of reason (making someone a lunatic basically LOL)

7. Injuring property and/or animals

ALSO...in a book called "Discourse of Damned Art of Witcchraft (by William Perkins, 1608), He spelled out specific acts, including mental and physical harm. These are his additons a witch is capable of performing LOL!

1. The raising of storms and temptests, winds and weather, by sea and land.

2. The poisoning of air.

3. Blasting of corn.

4. Killing of cattle, and annoying of men, women and children.

5. The procuring of strange passions and torments in men's bodies and in other creatures, with the curing of the same.

6. Casting out Devils.

Now...in reviewing this list...I tend to think my happy witchy ass would have been burned at the stake several times over for some of these I KNOW I have done LOL!!!!

Plus I also know that SEVERAL of my witchy brothers and sisters on HERE would have been burnt right along beside me for their antics as well!!! LOL!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

#2 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

Yes, we'd certainly be in good company. I'll bring the marshmallows!

#3 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

...some of these I KNOW I have done...

SOME, Anjel?

hehe....uh, me too....:jerk:

#4 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:35 PM

Ok...well...most of them?! LOL! I haven't screwed with anyone's cattle....YET LOL!

#5 Guest_Maiingan_*

Guest_Maiingan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

LMAO, I'm sure my ass could have been burned a few times too back then ;). But in that list, it basically describes most (if not all) women of today, in one way or another, lol. Hmm, prediction of future women???

#6 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

LOL at least the women I have raised are very much like me....LOL! So my advice is to keep your corn and cattle away from us LOL!

#7 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

Please be sure to baste me every 30 minutes so that my skin can be a crispy delight and pleasing to the eye. Presentation is everything you know! And about those marshmallows...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Geez, I'm as bad as Anjel..out of all that the only one's safe from me are cattle, corn and devils.:eek:

Somewhere, however far or near, there is something very dark and grim hurtling toward each one of us. We just don't know when it will hit. Then, quite suddenly, it won't be all right at all.

#8 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

LOL!!!!! Eye opening isn't it LOL!!!!

#9 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

:inquisition::popcorn:.....yeah pretty eye opening:shock:. LOL.
Somewhere, however far or near, there is something very dark and grim hurtling toward each one of us. We just don't know when it will hit. Then, quite suddenly, it won't be all right at all.

#10 Twisted_Angel

Twisted_Angel

Guardian, Guide, Goofball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hmmm...*scanning the menu* I'd like to be marinated in red wine, a strong merlot preferrably, prior (and perhaps during!) the Flambe a la Witchies!

Makes you think though...who on this earth HASN'T done at least one of these things? To think, there's a little witch in all of us....*Sniffles with the Kodak moment*

Amber

~*~ Twisted Angel ~*~

:rolleyes:

#11 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

NO NO NO COOK TOAST OR BURN.... :blobfire: I'm changing into a hare and high-tailing it outta town!

#12 Guest_53rdspirit_*

Guest_53rdspirit_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

shit!...I was just 'rounding the old elderberry bush and remembered that I can't leave my friends...

I "high-tail" it back to town with more hares, squirrels, rats and other forest creatures, we chew through the ropes as the raccoons and ravens pick the locks on the captive carnival bears, and, with FurryJack at the lead, all the witch persecutors will be chewed to bits--a punishment too good for them, in my opinion.

#13 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:04 AM

Greetings Anj

Well now looking at the lists there is one I HAVEN'T done (kind of) ... guess that means I am for a roasting - or a medal! lol

I did a comparative essay a while back on the subject between two others which are both favourites of mine (Aradia and Guazzo's Compendium Maleficarum) ..... some excerpts follow ....

If anyone want to read the whole screed they can drop me a line and I'll shoot it over. I only don't put it round here cause it is long - the whole thing is about 15 word pages! - what me and long essays? Who'd of thought it! LOL

Some day I will get round to putting in a couple more of my faves ... I've a DISTINCT impresiion the descriptions will be preety much like these ones! lol

Fraternally

Scott

From Aradia

The art of poisoning, killing by magic, binding the soul of opponents, ruining crops with storms, lightning, thunder, hail and wind and (naturally) the destruction of the Christian power when possible. Success in love, To bless or curse with power friends or enemies (to do good or evil), To converse with spirits, To find hidden treasures in ancient ruins, To conjure the spirits of priests who died leaving treasures, To understand the voice of the wind, To change water into wine, To divine with cards, To know the secrets of the hand (palmistry), To cure diseases, To make those who are ugly beautiful, To tame wild beasts and whatever other thing should be asked from the spirit of Aradia, by those who merited her favour.

From Compendium

Glamours and illusions, Assorted "Natural" effects using the natural virtues of things
Spirit contact, Poisoning, Manipulation of the elements and weather work, Foretelling the future, Working magic to confuse, confound and kill, Taming and training of animals, Ruining and/or stealing, chattels and peoples, Releasing enemies of the Church

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#14 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:34 AM

shit!...I was just 'rounding the old elderberry bush and remembered that I can't leave my friends...

I "high-tail" it back to town with more hares, squirrels, rats and other forest creatures, we chew through the ropes as the raccoons and ravens pick the locks on the captive carnival bears, and, with FurryJack at the lead, all the witch persecutors will be chewed to bits--a punishment too good for them, in my opinion.

!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!! :fire:Thank You 53, mwah!

#15 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:58 AM

ahahaa .. that books sounds great Anjel, Im going to get a copy too :) .. Scott yeah Id love to see your essay, can you kick it over to me in an email? :hugs:

"The procuring of strange passions and torments in men's bodies "

..thats considered withcraft? Hell Im surprised I was allowed to return to live another life LOL .. thats my favourite hobby!!!!

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#16 Guest_Dee_*

Guest_Dee_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:17 PM

I'll just be with 53rd to help get you loose. I'm not guilty of any of them. There is nothing on that list about torturing nasty neighbors. Besides, I refuse to attend bonfires unless I start them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Pleading the 5th Amendment here. Just in case, YOU guys may need help, I will keep the numbers of some very good criminal lawyers around. ROFL! :rofl:

#17 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

I'm not guilty of any of them. There is nothing on that list about torturing nasty neighbors. :rofl:

Aahhhh yeah there is...ANNOYING MEN...WOMEN AND CHILDREN LOL!!!!!! Face chica...YOU are as guilty as the rest of us LOL!!!

#18 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:45 AM

6. Casting out Devils.

PMSL .. looks like BAD news for any churchy Exorcists then ;)

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#19 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

Lol!

#20 Guest_Dee_*

Guest_Dee_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

Aahhhh yeah there is...ANNOYING MEN...WOMEN AND CHILDREN LOL!!!!!! Face chica...YOU are as guilty as the rest of us LOL!!!

Crap. Didn't see that one dammit. :ranting: Quick 53rd, get me my lawyer! However, I am innocent of the animal and children part! :mrgreen: