8 replies to this topic

#1 UnMasked1467

UnMasked1467

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:22 AM

I did a Tarot reading for myself today over an issue that has been pressing on my mind for some time now. Not being one for overly complicated and elaborate spreads, I did a 3-card Past/Present/Future spread. Of course, the card I fear more than any other card came up as the Future card. It was The Tower-- dun dun dun-- only it was reversed in my reading. I have always feared The Tower because of its premonitions of a massive shakeup, of chaos, of the boat being severely rocked. Everything I have ever worked for going up in smoke. This time was different though... when I did the reading, yes, that imagery all came flooding through my mind, but so did other sensations as well. Liberation, freedom, tearing off shackles that have bound me, also the imagery and sensation of a butterfly emerging from a cocoon; painful, but necessary for going on to the next step. Almost like a triad with The Devil and Death. It was still a shock to me, and yes, I am still a bit terrified. But not only is it a relief to me, but I also know deep down that it's the truth, And inevitable at this point. Maybe that's why it's a relief. Has anyone else dreaded a specific card, only to find it cathartic once you face it? Probably yes lol. But I'd be curious to hear other people's experiences.

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

The tower reversed can mean a few things. In this particular circumstance I think it is telling you to address your fears of change more than anything by the sound of it.
Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.

#3 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

The Tower is a tough one, but I've always been scared of the 10 of swords.In recent times, the Tower has actually been good to me. I've been able to see through some false things, and honestly I think just seeing the truth made me feel better.
Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#4 UnMasked1467

UnMasked1467

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

The Ten of Swords is definitely a scary one.

#5 Mona

Mona

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

I can’t say that any particular card is good or bad for me, depending in what context, or on neighboring cards, quint, bottom, additional cards (which are sometimes taken as an addition to the Senior Arcans)

Edited by Mona, 21 August 2019 - 02:44 PM.

#6 JuniperBaby

JuniperBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:24 PM

I do not dread any cards. The reality of my life is far scarier than what is portrayed in modern Western divination systems created for mainstream consumption. If I don't get a bunch of cards portraying challenges, I don't know what to do with a bunch of cards that are not reflective of the events unfolding.

I need advice on HOW to keep MOVING in the midst of challenges and downright chaos and heartbreak.

My cards have been such a comfort this week. Many of them are "bad" cards. Moon, surrounded by death, blocked by 8 of cups, crowned by 5 of wands. LOL

BUT outcome is 3 of wands, and A of cups is before me. I am to present myself as 9 of wands and my foundation is Justice.

Yesterday was 6 of swords. Today is Justice again.

No dread of cards; they are my comfort.

Aliis volat propriis.
She flies with her own wings.

#7 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

Before I store my cards, I was taught to I "put my favorites at each end of the deck" (Star and World for me).  It's a little, continuous spell. 

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#8 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:59 PM

Before I store my cards, I was taught to I "put my favorites at each end of the deck" (Star and World for me).  It's a little, continuous spell.

What an awesome idea....

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#9 JuniperBaby

JuniperBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

That is a great idea!

One form of playing card divination uses the jokers as the fool and magician, the only two majors carried over from tarot, and instructs readers to put the deck away with them "guarding" the rest of the deck

Aliis volat propriis.
She flies with her own wings.