25 replies to this topic

#21 Lyra

Lyra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:26 AM

I live in rural north Dakota and we just had to say goodbye to my husbands family land as it was sold away.
I dream of having a gypsy cob. Though everyone here thinks im crazy for it.
I love the idea of hedgerows as the boundry. I have a tiny "city" lot with a few ash and a variety of maple. I have developed a good relationship with my ash and Box Eldar trees for protection. My house is really old and I have established boundries with the entities here. They usually keep my house land feeling safe.
I also adopted a large, very old scythe from the farm before it sold. Not sure what im going to do with it but it called to me.

#22 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

Tools used to work on land I believe are very powerful.  I live in Montana and you might try sprouting Rowan trees, they grow well in this latitude and are quite amazing and beautiful.  Though not native, they are hardy and provide berries for the birds.

I entertained the idea of Gypsy Vanners for quite a while,especially the silver dapples.  The feathered hooves and flowing manes and tails are almost ethereal.  They are small, strong, smart and well tempered.  

#23 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:43 PM

I agree with what most have said here. Setting intention on your boundaries, having relationships with land spirits, etc. All great ideas. 

If you also observe the solar festivals of the year, some have excellent traditions of property protection built in. This past Lughnasadh, I baked my sacrifical god loaf, left him on my altar for a week to charge, and then divided him in quarters to bury at each corner of my property. He will be recharged every year at Lammas-tide. Similarly, I bake bread for Mabon (I actually bake bread for every sabbat), and feed this loaf to the birds after charging to encourage their participation in protecting my house and land. 

Just my two cents. 

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#24 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:14 PM

I agree with what most have said here. Setting intention on your boundaries, having relationships with land spirits, etc. All great ideas. 

If you also observe the solar festivals of the year, some have excellent traditions of property protection built in. This past Lughnasadh, I baked my sacrifical god loaf, left him on my altar for a week to charge, and then divided him in quarters to bury at each corner of my property. He will be recharged every year at Lammas-tide. Similarly, I bake bread for Mabon (I actually bake bread for every sabbat), and feed this loaf to the birds after charging to encourage their participation in protecting my house and land. 

Just my two cents. 

This is very appropriate being that it is a farm.  It is my plan to allow local witches who so desire to observe sabbat traditions on the farm.

#25 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:19 PM

If you build it, we will come! But only if invited...

#26 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

Of course!  I imagine it is hard for those who live in the city and can't enjoy the freedom of celebrating in nature.