Sign in to follow this  
RavenMoon

New familiar - name suggestions

I am so excited! I have always been drawn to black cats, by coincidence every single cat I’ve had has been a black cat. I have not had a cat in over 10 years. But since I started on this path about a year ago I’ve been contemplating getting another cat. My husband has been adamantly against us getting one.

However, I’ve recently felt a strong pull that it was time but I knew how my husband felt about it. So I didn’t say anything I just felt when the right spirit came along it would all work out. This weekend is our wedding anniversary and my husband just surprised me with the news that my anniversary gift is a kitten. He’s a beautiful black male we are picking up on Sunday. My husband (who is very Christian but is incredibly supportive of my beliefs) told me tonight that all of the sudden something told him “don’t be so against your wife having a cat” then almost immediately a friend of his posted online she had kittens available. At first the only black male was spoken for but that fell through. My husband told me he knew “that’s my wife’s kitten” the moment his saw the picture.

I am obviously going to wait to name him until I actually get to meet him and his name comes to me but I’d love some great suggestions to start thinking about names.

• Upvote 1

Our black cat is called Salem - from the original Sabrina :) For a few years only people of a certain age got the reference lol. We also liked Nero, Draco and Archimedes.

warm congrats on your new furbaby.

How about Dejavu? Zorro? Zeppelin?

A black cat's a cuddlesome kitty.

Edited by Zombee

Out of interest, what makes you think the cat would be a familiar and/or your familiar if you've never met it?

That’s a great question. There’s always that chance the connection won’t be there. I am optimistic. I have been searching for the right familiar to come along. I have a pet now, he’s as sweet as can be, but not a familiar. During a meditation I was given the information that he would come to me when he was ready and the time was right. That was months ago. So yes, I may be jumping the gun a little but I have a very good feeling and my intuitions are rarely wrong.

To everyone else thank you so much for the awesome suggestions, including the one asking him his name, my husband said the same thing

I will let you all know how it goes!

• Upvote 1

I may be biased but a great name for a black cat is Onyx,

Nice!

I always give my cats human names like Samantha, Elizabeth, Winona,  Alice, Thomas, Niklaus, Claudiette,  Maggie, etc.  The only exception was my 18 pound ginger tom, he was Fishbone.

• Upvote 2

I just called myself Onyx because usually I use the name Ouroboros. Unfortunately that user name was taken, so Onyx was the first name I could think off.

Onyx is my black cat's name.

Also it went with my avatar.

Edited by Onyx
  • Upvote 2

Congrats!

I think you can ask your cat what is his name when you got it.

I think Mona is right.  I have never named a cat until it let me know who it was...

• Upvote 1

My familiar was a grey striped top kitten that was being given away in front of walmart. I looked in his eyes and I knew. I didn't know exactly why at the time, but nothing was gonna stop me from taking him home with me. I had him for 3 years before his kidneys suddenly failed. He stayed with me for a while afterwards. Appear ling in dreams and sleeping by me on the bed. I would wake up in the morning and the spot he usually slept in would be dented and warm. Some times when I had a nightmare I would feel him curl up and lay on my chest. He stayed for about a year with me after he died.

I feel you will know when it happens and nothing an prepare you for it lol. I have had cats all my life and only bonded like that with him. And his name was flapjack. He kinda told me his name when he looked up at me with his huge eyes and all I could see was the character FlapJack from an old cartoon. :)

• Upvote 1

My black cat ( well, kitten, he's only 3mths old) is called Ghost

He's super. Enjoy your new friend

Edited by Wezip
  • Upvote 2

Oh, great, lucky you! Enjoy!

Maybe some day I could have a cat or dog, or even horse too.

• Upvote 1

Oh, great, lucky you! Enjoy!

Maybe some day I could have a cat or dog, or even horse too.

It may be difficult to keep a horse in a tiny home!  But that would be pretty cool.

It may be difficult to keep a horse in a tiny home!  But that would be pretty cool.

Not if it is a miniature horse :lol:

My dog is my familiar, and she told me her name telepathically when we met for the first time, so that was one thing I didn't have to worry about!

Sign in to follow this