• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RavenMoon

RavenMoon

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

I am so excited! I have always been drawn to black cats, by coincidence every single cat I’ve had has been a black cat. I have not had a cat in over 10 years. But since I started on this path about a year ago I’ve been contemplating getting another cat. My husband has been adamantly against us getting one.

However, I’ve recently felt a strong pull that it was time but I knew how my husband felt about it. So I didn’t say anything I just felt when the right spirit came along it would all work out. This weekend is our wedding anniversary and my husband just surprised me with the news that my anniversary gift is a kitten. He’s a beautiful black male we are picking up on Sunday. My husband (who is very Christian but is incredibly supportive of my beliefs) told me tonight that all of the sudden something told him “don’t be so against your wife having a cat” then almost immediately a friend of his posted online she had kittens available. At first the only black male was spoken for but that fell through. My husband told me he knew “that’s my wife’s kitten” the moment his saw the picture.

I am obviously going to wait to name him until I actually get to meet him and his name comes to me but I’d love some great suggestions to start thinking about names.

#2 Willow

Willow

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:06 AM

Our black cat is called Salem - from the original Sabrina :) For a few years only people of a certain age got the reference lol. We also liked Nero, Draco and Archimedes.

#3 Willow

Willow

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:07 AM

Congrats on getting your new kitty! 🐈

#4 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

warm congrats on your new furbaby.
How about Dejavu? Zorro? Zeppelin?

A black cat's a cuddlesome kitty.

Edited by Zombee, 12 August 2019 - 11:21 PM.

#5 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:24 PM

Congrats!

I think you can ask your cat what is his name when you got it.

#6 Khundekling

Khundekling

Huge Member

• Moderators
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

Out of interest, what makes you think the cat would be a familiar and/or your familiar if you've never met it?

life is better with a biscuit

#7 RavenMoon

RavenMoon

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:45 AM

Out of interest, what makes you think the cat would be a familiar and/or your familiar if you've never met it?

That’s a great question. There’s always that chance the connection won’t be there. I am optimistic. I have been searching for the right familiar to come along. I have a pet now, he’s as sweet as can be, but not a familiar. During a meditation I was given the information that he would come to me when he was ready and the time was right. That was months ago. So yes, I may be jumping the gun a little but I have a very good feeling and my intuitions are rarely wrong.

To everyone else thank you so much for the awesome suggestions, including the one asking him his name, my husband said the same thing

I will let you all know how it goes!

#8 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:56 PM

I may be biased but a great name for a black cat is Onyx,

#9 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

Familiars Names

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#10 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:42 PM

I may be biased but a great name for a black cat is Onyx,

Nice!

I always give my cats human names like Samantha, Elizabeth, Winona,  Alice, Thomas, Niklaus, Claudiette,  Maggie, etc.  The only exception was my 18 pound ginger tom, he was Fishbone.

#11 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:07 PM

I just called myself Onyx because usually I use the name Ouroboros. Unfortunately that user name was taken, so Onyx was the first name I could think off.
Onyx is my black cat's name.
Also it went with my avatar.

Edited by Onyx, 06 August 2019 - 07:08 PM.

#12 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:05 PM

Congrats!

I think you can ask your cat what is his name when you got it.

I think Mona is right.  I have never named a cat until it let me know who it was...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Familiars