Sign in to follow this  
Seddna

Ideas for tinnitus

Hello and Blessed Be,

I am busy putting together a healing ritual for an old lady with tinnitus who has sought out witchcraft as a relief from the constant ringing in her ears that has plagued her since her youth.

As this is not a specific ritual / healing that I have performed before, I wanted to request any advice or experience in this general direction could be shared to aid me in this?

BB

• Upvote 1

Hello and Blessed Be,

I am busy putting together a healing ritual for an old lady with tinnitus who has sought out witchcraft as a relief from the constant ringing in her ears that has plagued her since her youth.

As this is not a specific ritual / healing that I have performed before, I wanted to request any advice or experience in this general direction could be shared to aid me in this?

BB

You should read the forum rules better. "Blessed be" is not considered acceptable on this forum. Here are resources for this rule, though I HIGHLY suggest reading every other rule post in that section. 

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/topic/4355-wiccan-pagan-witches-please-read-before-joining-posting/

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/topic/3965-blessings-blessed-be-merry-meet-merry-part-etc-etc-etc/

I have hear about tinnitus, but never paid attention. I would love to know more about it. Of course can ask google, but real experience is much more than that. Hope some one will tell us about it.

My advise is to be extremely carfeul when dealing with any condition that you are not qualified to perform. Tinnitus can be caused by many different things. I suffer from it myself. There are ways to make it more comfortable but there is no cure for it.

You speak of healing rituals, what do you have in mind? I'm sure you've done some homework on this already.

This may not be something that can be 'healed' per se, though it can be managed without magic.  My father suffered a concussion after a fall from a ladder many years ago and has suffered with tinnitus ever since, to the point that his hearing is compromised.  We found that background noise like blowing wind, a running river or ocean waves can relieve or even mentally 'cancel' out the ringing, at least enough to sleep.

• Upvote 1

My advise is to be extremely carfeul when dealing with any condition that you are not qualified to perform. Tinnitus can be caused by many different things. I suffer from it myself. There are ways to make it more comfortable but there is no cure for it.

You speak of healing rituals, what do you have in mind? I'm sure you've done some homework on this already.

May I ask how long you have it? I'm sorry, if my question is too private, just ignore it then.

• Upvote 1

May I ask how long you have it? I'm sorry, if my question is too private, just ignore it then.

Not at all. I've had it since my last bout of labyrinthitis about a year or more ago. Dehydration and alcohol makes it worse I've found. Static noise is helpful. The only time I really notice it is when trying to go to sleep and meditating. 

Thank you.

I first heard about labyrinthitis when came to UK, never before. It is not common in Latvia, even doctors never seen it. Thinking now, would it possible tinnitus may disappear in Autumn and Winter, when heat is gone(?). Your observation about alcohol is of what kind, light alcohol, strong or any?

Thank you.

I first heard about labyrinthitis when came to UK, never before. It is not common in Latvia, even doctors never seen it. Thinking now, would it possible tinnitus may disappear in Autumn and Winter, when heat is gone(?). Your observation about alcohol is of what kind, light alcohol, strong or any?

Tinnitus can manifest in different ways, so not all are the same and I won't comment on anything other than mine. But the climate and temperature has no effect on the ringing. With alcohol it's more when I've had a few too many but it is probably linked to the dehydration.

Thank you, Khundekling, I know much more about it now, thanks to you. I think it could be treated witchy way as Seddna going to do. Wish she succeed.

Cutting out salicylates can help. I had this, it was from too many salicylates in my diet, the plant chemicals can cause tinnitus.

**May I ask how you found this out?  Was there a test done?  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I suffer from a form of tinnitus as well.  I have it 24/7 and I hear it throughout my day.  I went to an audiologist for it, said my hearing is perfect, but yes, my tinnitus is awful.  I even have pain throughout the actual ear as well.  They offered me a "hearing aid" that helps with tinnitus by emitting a sound from it that would be calibrated based on the right decibel for me to help alleviate the pain/ringing.  The bad part is, I cannot wear anything in my ear at all without it being excruciatingly painful.  I have a big pair of headphones I wear while listening to light piano music in a "quieter" area of my home when it starts giving me headaches or making me irritable.  Any sudden or elongated noises irritate it most.  

I also looked into alternative therapies and have come across nothing valid in regards to alleviating the pain & ringing.  I hear "it might work."  But...there's not even a high enough percentage of a chance it will for the money I would pay.  

If you were doing this on yourself, I wouldn't be as worrisome, but be careful performing new rituals on others without experience, especially avoiding any physical rituals.  Smoke, anything inserted near or around the ear, etc...can make it worse.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I also experience this on occasion (not constantly or because of injury, though I do have a history with some head trauma, so, who knows?), but have never considered it a medical issue, or something to be remedied, but rather, a way that I receive psychic alert messages. It's like time sort of "stops" and I get pulled into my psyche for a few seconds. It feels like a temporary "channel change" or something, like, if I were listening to a radio, and suddenly another channel comes through for a few seconds, then clears out. For me, it's an obvious message on the psychic plane. I don't HAVE to stop everything and pay attention, but, I do anyway. It would be foolish, and rude to whoever is trying to communicate with me, for me not to receive the transmission.

I understand there are some people for whom it is constant and/or related to medical problems, and I'm not coming from that experience. It is helpful to know what can help it, though.

An old friend told me that it means that someone is thinking or talking about the one who hears the ringing. In my opinion, that is sometimes the case, but also, it seems that it happens when my own mind is "on a certain wavelength" and I am supposed to take note of what I am thinking, or where my mind is wandering at that time; it tends to be a marker of, "this moment is important, pay attention," but on the mental plane more than in 3D reality. It tends to alert me, when I am on auto-pilot, to come back to full mental awareness.

Sign in to follow this