11 replies to this topic

#1 Seddna

Seddna

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:08 AM

Hello and Blessed Be,

I am busy putting together a healing ritual for an old lady with tinnitus who has sought out witchcraft as a relief from the constant ringing in her ears that has plagued her since her youth.

As this is not a specific ritual / healing that I have performed before, I wanted to request any advice or experience in this general direction could be shared to aid me in this?

BB

#2 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Poking not recommended

• Moderators
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:50 AM

Hello and Blessed Be,

I am busy putting together a healing ritual for an old lady with tinnitus who has sought out witchcraft as a relief from the constant ringing in her ears that has plagued her since her youth.

As this is not a specific ritual / healing that I have performed before, I wanted to request any advice or experience in this general direction could be shared to aid me in this?

BB

You should read the forum rules better. "Blessed be" is not considered acceptable on this forum. Here are resources for this rule, though I HIGHLY suggest reading every other rule post in that section. 

http://www.tradition...oining-posting/

http://www.tradition...rt-etc-etc-etc/

RSKHFMY

#3 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

I have hear about tinnitus, but never paid attention. I would love to know more about it. Of course can ask google, but real experience is much more than that. Hope some one will tell us about it.

#4 Khundekling

Khundekling

Huge Member

• Moderators
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:22 PM

My advise is to be extremely carfeul when dealing with any condition that you are not qualified to perform. Tinnitus can be caused by many different things. I suffer from it myself. There are ways to make it more comfortable but there is no cure for it.

You speak of healing rituals, what do you have in mind? I'm sure you've done some homework on this already.

life is better with a biscuit

#5 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:29 PM

This may not be something that can be 'healed' per se, though it can be managed without magic.  My father suffered a concussion after a fall from a ladder many years ago and has suffered with tinnitus ever since, to the point that his hearing is compromised.  We found that background noise like blowing wind, a running river or ocean waves can relieve or even mentally 'cancel' out the ringing, at least enough to sleep.

#6 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:18 AM

My advise is to be extremely carfeul when dealing with any condition that you are not qualified to perform. Tinnitus can be caused by many different things. I suffer from it myself. There are ways to make it more comfortable but there is no cure for it.

You speak of healing rituals, what do you have in mind? I'm sure you've done some homework on this already.

May I ask how long you have it? I'm sorry, if my question is too private, just ignore it then.

#7 Khundekling

Khundekling

Huge Member

• Moderators
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:06 PM

May I ask how long you have it? I'm sorry, if my question is too private, just ignore it then.

Not at all. I've had it since my last bout of labyrinthitis about a year or more ago. Dehydration and alcohol makes it worse I've found. Static noise is helpful. The only time I really notice it is when trying to go to sleep and meditating. 

#8 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

Thank you.

I first heard about labyrinthitis when came to UK, never before. It is not common in Latvia, even doctors never seen it. Thinking now, would it possible tinnitus may disappear in Autumn and Winter, when heat is gone(?). Your observation about alcohol is of what kind, light alcohol, strong or any?

#9 Khundekling

Khundekling

Huge Member

• Moderators
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:43 AM

Thank you.

I first heard about labyrinthitis when came to UK, never before. It is not common in Latvia, even doctors never seen it. Thinking now, would it possible tinnitus may disappear in Autumn and Winter, when heat is gone(?). Your observation about alcohol is of what kind, light alcohol, strong or any?

Tinnitus can manifest in different ways, so not all are the same and I won't comment on anything other than mine. But the climate and temperature has no effect on the ringing. With alcohol it's more when I've had a few too many but it is probably linked to the dehydration.

#10 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

Thank you, Khundekling, I know much more about it now, thanks to you. I think it could be treated witchy way as Seddna going to do. Wish she succeed.

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

Cutting out salicylates can help. I had this, it was from too many salicylates in my diet, the plant chemicals can cause tinnitus.
Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

Cut them out 6 years ago.
Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: healing, tinnitus, ringing in ears, ritual work, advice