Sign in to follow this  
Sagefire

Country Witch/City Witch

Perhaps the time has come for you to begin creating again.  Leave a legacy.

I have made so much stuff, i guess it is a legacy, or are people just going to say "What the ****!"

• Upvote 3

I have made so much stuff, i guess it is a legacy, or are people just going to say "What the ****!"

That is exactly what they SHOULD say, if you do it right.

• Upvote 1

Some how I do not feel for it yet, maybe later. Legacy does not work for me, I'm solitary witch. Some times can to try to explain some things to some one if in good mood, but mainly I'm not :))

• Upvote 2

What is to come is always a mystery to us.

You may find one whom you inspire and in turn inspires you.

This is when we grow.

You can walk down the same path in  the same forest every day, and every day discover something new if your eyes and mind are open.  We all leave a legacy, and to whom is not always by our choosing, but when we can impart a small piece of ourselves, then that is success.

Each of us carries within us unlimited power and potential to shape our futures.  To my thinking it is so much better to work with this in mind, and what is discovered by those who follow will be as you wish.

• Upvote 2

What is to come is always a mystery to us.

You may find one whom you inspire and in turn inspires you.

This is when we grow.

You can walk down the same path in  the same forest every day, and every day discover something new if your eyes and mind are open.  We all leave a legacy, and to whom is not always by our choosing, but when we can impart a small piece of ourselves, then that is success.

Each of us carries within us unlimited power and potential to shape our futures.  To my thinking it is so much better to work with this in mind, and what is discovered by those who follow will be as you wish.

Well this is beautiful Sagefire, nicely said...

• Upvote 2

I live in between, on a farm outside of the rapidly encroaching city.  Moving back to the city soon, though.  I do miss it.

As far as supplies go, there isn't much that I haven't been able to get my hands on, one way or another.  You just have to know the right people.   :D

• Upvote 1

Well said, Sagefire!  :applause:

I believe similarly. To be able to communicate ourselves, our experience and essence, to another being - is a very sublime thing.

To comprehend another person is equally so.

• Upvote 1

I firmly believe that our 'legacies' are what we leave in the hearts and minds of others, visual art, writing, teaching and music are part of this.  Despite the limitations of this low-frequency physical plane, we do have the ability to at least partly remain here.

• Upvote 1

I was in London, UK until recently. I never had issues collecting what I needed because I modified spells when unable to travel, or made specific trips to collect things. I also worked with the urban spirits - plenty of foxes, rats, mice and birds as well as ancient woodland a walk away. I used building parts and water from the Beverley Brook, which runs below the ground. I also used water from the Thames and smaller rivers or streams near me. I found it fascinating to think of the way we as animals build an environment which provides living space for other animals - we don't always do it well, but it helped me feel connected to Nature and my place in it. I also thought about our social interactions on an animalistic level, the groups we form and how we relate to each other. When I needed to, I ordered things I couldn't collect but a lot of it was from my environment. It was quite London flavoured magic really, dust from the tube, leaves and bark from a large tree outside the Natural History Museum, earth from Hampstead Heath, grave dust and Yew from the local churchyard - things like that. 

However, I could feel my magic changing tune and moved with my family to a village in the UK countryside, near the sea. I know many of my spells will differ here, as the ingredients will, but the whole place has a very different flavour and rhythm which I am learning (and loving). They'll be similar ingredients, like storm water or some plants, but many will be new or used more because they are around more.

Beautiful words about our legacy being a small piece of ourselves. The pictures made of feathers sound wonderful.

[Edited to correct]

Edited by BlackbirdSong
  • Upvote 2

I have always be enchanted by England and you seem to have adapted exceedingly well to your environment, my compliments!

• Upvote 1

I've always lived in urban/suburban settings my entire life so my craft has been built around what's available to me. There are no real wilds in my area anyway--the Agriculture industry has ruined natural water features and the land itself. Having mostly always had at least a balcony or yard to work with I've been able to do workings outdoors, although if I were more rural they would probably be less restrained than what I can do now. I'm a pretty practical witch, I don't usually have an issue collecting ingredients. After all, cities have their own offerings as well. Plenty of found treasures have discovered new life in my practice.

I do take time away for myself in the nature preserves and state parks, though, for meditative work and grounding.

Sign in to follow this