• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:57 PM

I am a country dweller, always have been.  I am fortunate that I can step out my door and gather nearly everything I need and outdoor practice is nearly always an option, including sex magic, without fear of discovery.  I have forests, lakes, streams, rivers, plains etc.  I just wonder how difficult it is for my city counterparts to practice and what obstacles they may encounter, and also if there is any way we country folks can help in the way of items gathered.

#2 Khundekling

Khundekling

Huge Member

• Moderators
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

I don't live in a City but a large town in the UK. The biggest thing for me is not being able to do spell work outside. I don't have a private garden and the local green areas have too many perverts out at night. The other thing I struggle with is foraging/gathering, feathers, bones, seeds etc. Takes me an age to collect what I need and I don't like to buy those sort of things online. 

Unless you are wealthy and want to buy me a house with a nice big garden, I don't think there's much you can do lol

life is better with a biscuit

#3 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:15 PM

I do not know what postal rates to the UK are for I have never shipped outside the US, but if there are certain natural items you require, perhaps sending them to you is not outside the realm of possibility.  I would certainly be happy to look into it.  I just live in such a rich natural environment and I feel compelled to at least try to share.

#4 Khundekling

Khundekling

Huge Member

• Moderators
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the offer Sagefire, I like to use local animals and such with my workings. But if there is ever something I really struggle with I'll be sure to ask  ;) I'm sure there are some here who would love to take you up on it though

life is better with a biscuit

#5 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

Please note that things like feathers and seeds weigh practically nothing and I am more than happy to handle cost.  It may sound too good to be true, but I know how blessed I am to be in such a lovely environment and can only imagine how discouraging/irritating it could be to search a for months for a single feather.

#6 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

Please note that things like feathers and seeds weigh practically nothing and I am more than happy to handle cost.  It may sound too good to be true, but I know how blessed I am to be in such a lovely environment and can only imagine how discouraging/irritating it could be to search a for months for a single feather.

Please note that sending feathers from a migratory bird is prohibited, and seeds could be an invasive species to another country. I would check what is allowed first. I know that some countries are very strict.

#7 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

Interesting.

As of yet I have had no problem with either.  As both are elements of my art, I have shipped them all over the US, even into your neck of the woods without incident.  I am very transparent with my postman, UPS and FEDEX carriers.  Perhaps overseas is a different matter.

#8 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:35 PM

Sagefire your offer is thoughtful & generous (postal regs aside). I feel I'm nicely located in a mid-size city &, although my neighborhood has verycloseneighbors, I have quietly practiced outdoors for years in my small back yard with no hassle. I use what I find in my yard or scavenge from the alley & nearby cemetery (flora & fauna). I'm 2 blocks from a river (& small wild life meanders) & if the urge overtakes me I can drive to rural farms & woods in a few minutes. It's noisy though...until 10 PM when - poof! - heavy noises disappear (except on the 4th of July). I can't speak for folks in high rise apartments however.

Edited by Zombee, 23 July 2019 - 08:46 PM.

#9 Jivecat

Jivecat

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:56 PM

So, this is a slightly off-topic, but relevant question.

I have bottled rain water that I collected during hurricane Harvey, when it made landfall in my area (southern USA). I've not used it for spell work, yet, because I'm unsure about it? Can anyone weigh in on the metaphysical properties of hurricane water? And would anyone want some? (I'll check postal regs on that, too).

#10 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

Just my thinking on storm water - use it to stir things up, un-stick the stagnant, for "war water"; regular thunder storm water is used the same way so hurricane force would pack a wollop not to be ignored.

#11 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

We are having Thunder storms today, I'm off to put a bowl outside to collect some storm water.

Types of water and their uses.
Sea Water, Good for cleansing and healing rituals, For cleansing crystals - some crystals may be damaged - check first. for Banishing and Protection spells.

Storm Water, For spells to do with emotional strength, confidence, motivation and force. Known to strengthen spells. Curses.

River Water, for moving on... focusing energy, breaking through tough paths, warding and powering up tools.

Rain Water, Multi purpose especially for growth and rebirth spells and spells that you want to keep gaining power over time.

Snow Water, Spells that focus on purity, endings and change. Slow working spells.

Dew Water, Love and fertility spells, delicate magic and for fae workings.
"The Book of Ouroboros"

#12 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

Any idea where spring water falls into it?  Also I wonder if water from streams or pools in caves is special in any way...

#13 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:10 PM

A lot of Britain's sacred wells come from Springs, I would imagine the water would be almost the same as Holy Water. Healing too.
Stream water would be like River Water, maybe a little gentler, but not in the Spring runoff time. Now pools in caves might be more related to the underworld and dark workings.
But that is speculation on my part.

#14 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:11 PM

A lot of Britain's sacred wells come from Springs, I would imagine the water would be almost the same as Holy Water. Healing too.
Stream water would be like River Water, maybe a little gentler, but not in the Spring runoff time. Now pools in caves might be more related to the underworld and dark workings.
But that is speculation on my part.

#15 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

I can imagine on a moonless night entering a cave and drawing from a pool in complete darkness with only the hushed sounds of your breathing and the dripping water.  There has to be some power there if you can do it without freaking yourself out.

#16 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

I am a city dweller, always have been. I can get some nice thing when getting out of town. Last Summer got a snake and managed to bring it over with me to UK. I would love to have a few owl feathers, but don'T think it will ever happen.

#17 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:44 PM

I am a city dweller, always have been. I can get some nice thing when getting out of town. Last Summer got a snake and managed to bring it over with me to UK. I would love to have a few owl feathers, but don'T think it will ever happen.

You never know.  Nothing is beyond possibility, if you are meant to have owl feathers, then you will.

#18 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:49 PM

Thank you, maybe some day.

#19 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:02 PM

I like to paint on feathers, so I collect them, find them, buy them from shops that sell fly tying equipment. But no Owl feathers, I would love to find some of those. I did find a Hawk feather once, but it was a little beat up and damaged. I still have it though.
I am always looking and on the hunt, sticks for wands and feathers to decorate them.

#20 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 08:26 PM

When I lived in my own house back in Latvia, I had chickens, and made a few pictures of feathers. I stretched gauze on the frame and stuck feathers into it. But such pictures should be placed under glass in order to protect them from dust and they are also afraid of sunlight. They just crumble.