Lonliness

Hunter

Do any of you ever get lonely knowing what you know?

This isn't a form of confusion. I know who I am, I know things most other people don't know or don't understand.

I like studying everything & of course I'm deeply involved in the natural world, but my only companions are two dogs & a pair of rats... I'm looking at getting a pet canary to or even an owl (still looking at the care requirements). They do keep me company, they are like my little family. I'd just like a human companion.

Sadly I've found the people around me just seem to be very lacking. My boyfriend is okay, he's fairly open-minded, but he's just not interested in the things which interest me. I'm concerned about the lack of unity beyond domestic matters, however that is another topic for another time which some here may already be aware of.

I've looked inwards, but what I saw was just myself. This isn't unhappiness for I am not always unhappy, it's just pure lonliness & a lack of connection beyond small talk. I'm a traveller to (I don't drive, I live on a boat), so any local friends I make on the road I leave behind.

I don't speak to my family, I only have parents which were always uninterested & raised me out of duty, hence I left home early. Do not feel sorry for me, I do not mind this & I accepted them a long time ago.

I know it's not just something that affects witches... some of the greatest scientific minds suffered lonliness due to how they percieved the world & what they knew. We also know others get lonely, even in this day of technology. I sense spirits at times around me trying to keep me company, but they just aren't the same as a physical human.

The way I percieve everything seperates me from other people. I've tried being "normal" but it feels like I'm hiding. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to try & find some pagan or "witchy" friends in the Midlands? I'm concerned about accidently disrespecting any new friends because I just don't follow pagan or wiccan beliefs.

I'm wondering if this is a universal trait for many here or if it's just me?

And by "Lacking" I should clarify... They just don't percieve the world as I do. They don't see beyond what's there in front of them. They haven't got any interest in things beyond the physical.

And by "Lacking" I should clarify... They just don't percieve the world as I do. They don't see beyond what's there in front of them. They haven't got any interest in things beyond the physical.

My man is not interested in my things. I'm not interested in his footy too. :))) I do not see it as a problem, anyway he is my best friend, maybe it is even better we have separate interests. 

Don't be sad about it, there are always some people to talk, who would understand what are you talking about.
  • Upvote 1

I think living on a boat sounds great...no blessed lawn to mow! & I know what'ch'ya mean about Normies & no common ground. When a close friend of mine married i was asked to keep my psi-weirdness to myself because they didn't want to "be tarred by the same brush". Well, fiddle dee dee, that's a deal killer. Discussion boards like this keep me from mumbling to myself. I live with 3 spoiled cat's & a stray 4th who shows up for breakfast like clockwork. Last year there were daily visits from a very sweet opossum but he didn't return after winter. Nature ain't easy.

Yes, this site is a wonderful space for sharing.

I do love life on a boat, lots of ducklings in spring! Lots of animals... I could never settle in the town I was born in. Life in the country is slower & more earthy.

Only thing I miss was how close the shops were! ????

• 4 weeks later...
AgentBender

I feel incredibly lonely on my path and it is one of the burdens of my knowledge and experiences. I've dealt with this ever since my childhood best friend/witchy soul-sister moved away when we were still kids. It's heartbreaking at times and I'm always seeking community. Sometimes it leads me to some very strange and dark places because I get desperate for any 'non-Normie' company. I have a boyfriend now who is very intrigued by the Craft, but has only dabbled in practice and study. I'm grateful for him, even though I still long for the company of one who has had as much as or more experience than I. 

You said you aren't Pagan, but I would like to share a bit of Norse Pagan lore, for its poetic meaning: Odin is the god of wisdom and knowledge; Baldr is the god of beauty and joy. When Odin was young, perhaps reckless, in his quest for experience, he mixed blood with a giant named Loki, making them blood-brothers and granting Loki power in Odin's realm. Mind you, the giants are chaotic forces - the antithesis of the gods of order. Through Loki's mischief, shining Baldr is killed and sent to Hel, and there he still dwells. 

Through the actions of Odin, the relentless seeker of experience, the fairest, best-loved god is destroyed. At Ragnarok, the next great battle between gods and giants, Odin will be destroyed, and Baldr resurrected. The two do not seem to be able to exist together... 

The path is lonely, but there is no turning back.

Edited by AgentBender

Been there.

It is common for those of us who have learned the dance to feel a certain 'distance' from the herd, but much of our loneliness is based on expectation.  People like us tend to hope to meet that one who sees our universe.  It's not as simple as having different hobbies or interests, it's more about sharing a common vibration.  This is not to say a perfect companion does not exist, simply that they will be lass easily found.  Accept the loneliness as a lesson and incentive to reach the ones who share this vibration.  Cast your hope to the cosmos, and have patience.

• 1 month later...
Guest NatureMama

I think it's quite common to feel this loneliness when walking the unbeaten path. I use to feel much lonelier than I do now. I think I finally was able to find what I was really looking for within myself. I'd still love to have an in-person friend that has a worldview similar to mine but I don't feel that deep sadness about it anymore. 

Coming onto this forum always helps too.  :)  :wave: