• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:01 AM

I just finished a course for work on ethics in big data and artificial intelligence, and some of the videos got me thinking about the nature of AI and the classic dystopian view. Following up the course with some witchcraft was dangerous, because now I’ve started wondering: if thought forms can be brought into the world, would it be possible for AI to be given consciousness?

So, my question to everyone else is: do you think there are types of thought forms that do have internal consciousness, and if so, do you think AI could develop it as well? Even if their creators didn't mean to?

#2 Kathen

Kathen

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:27 PM

I think anything that is given the capacity to cope with change in a logical way can develop consciousness. I mean that in a pattern recognition/data interpretation kind of way...I’m going to be honest, AI scares the shit out of me. It is the Golem of Prague in modern times.

At a spiritual level, yes, I believe so. If you look into the Tulpas of Tibet or various ancestral Egregores in different cultures you’ll find that over time they are known to become self-aware, sentient, and cognitively individualized into a consciousness. At some point you have to look at the various creation myths and interpretations of a soul and start wondering how hard it really is to create one....especially when feeding something from multiple generations over time.