Sign in to follow this  
TobaccoFlower

What are your Beltane/Walpurgisnacht plans?

Who has Beltane/Walpurgisnacht plans? Doing anything fun for the holidays? Humping in the woods? Setting things on fire? Weaving ribbons around large phallic logs under the sun? Drinking libations and singing songs badly with friends? I would love to hear what everyone is doing!

I'll be hitting up a festival myself, and likely doing all of the above. I also plan to make some artwork and create a few new ritual items.

Hubby and I are going to Cancun for our 25th anniversary.  We are leaving May 1.  We will be landing early that day and have plans of making love in the ocean that night.  

It sounds like you all are looking at good celebration of the holiday.

HeidiGWOTR that sound enjoyable and appropriate for the season. I hope you have a good trip.

I think this year is looking is leaning toward the less tangible(?) for me. This year it seems like I'm feeling the holidays less and the spirit of the season more.

I have plans peppered in from here though the first week in May. Thing started yesterday when the forest provided a sacrificial meal. In the form of a turkey given to a young boy on his first spring hunt. Easter supper is today. A few close families get together yearly. I skipped the last year or two. This year I'll stop in to support my christian folk while they celebrate the season in their way. They have been going the extra mile to support everyone else's customs the past year.

Then its make something, spring cleaning, learn or get handy at a skill, and a construction project to give new life to the home.

I'll be doing my yearly rituals. One to give fertility to the mountains and forest. Giving life back, since it gave life to us through the winter. Then one to start enticing those wilderness spirits back to the gardens.

I also have some workings planed to build more intimacy with those often shy deep wilderness spirits.

And well if I know the locals there will be plenty of opportunity for sitting around the fire getting to know folks.

I have celebrated the Full Moon twice with two different workings.  Next comes the ritual feasting, this year, Crab Legs and Champagne.  It is only Hubby and Me this year.

I'm not much of a social/community person, but every now and then I'll read your descriptions, PapaGheny, and get a little jealous. The only celebrations happening around here are being put on by the local Wiccan priestess, so I'll be doing my own thing, probably a hike to spend some time outside of the city, and a trip to the local plant nursery. 

Love going to the gardening center and looking at the new plants.  I havent yet bought any, but I do have all my seeds and bulbs bought.  I only need my Tomato plants and it is too early here for them.  Every year I try to buy a hanging basket with Fushia, my favorite, the flowers look like tiny ballerinas.

I'll have a sit down picnic at the graveyard and see if anyone else wants to come.  Otherwise I'll be content to chill and sip calamus-infused wine with the dead.

Taking my 90yr old mom to "the Book of Mormon" tonight.... hmmm is that a celebration of the holiday? It's a stretch...

Other than that:

On May Day;

Wash your face with morning dew and you'll have beauty all the year through!

On May Day;

Wash your face with morning dew and you'll have beauty all the year through!

I do this every year!  I wash my face in the dew from the Lilac tree, I swear it does work!

I wash my face in the dew too! And we have a tree in the garden that we hang ribbons on each year. They stay up until the summer's end.

The spring cleaning is done and the house is tidied up for Holda. Left a window open last night and invited her in. She inspects the place and hopefully blesses the house. I also took my Mugwort from the fridge two days ago and put it in the sun in the window. I have sprouts today. (giddy) I also took all the crap paper (old bills, advertisements) in the house last night and got it all burned up in the fire. 

Just got back from a late Beltane festival. Every year they host a Bacchanalia Cabaret where there's very adult dancing.  I got to watch a full night of stripping and dancing, and the last dance was a woman "sacrificing" herself, which involved dumping a bowl of wine on her body and dancing seductively around the tent. Creepy and sexy, delightful holiday!

Sign in to follow this