2 replies to this topic

#1 bluelily

bluelily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:53 AM

http://www.goodreads...som-stang-sword

Curious if anyone has read this? I am starting it in March with an online book "club". It sounds promising! I will update here with my review.

#2 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

Yep. Bought it  on a recommendation. Read it in two sittings.

Engagingly written, fairly solid magical system that makes sense for the context the authors give.

Reasonable levels of Trad Witch info, doesn't come off as Wiccan to me (though some nods to ceremonial magic and BTW) and provides a solid fundamental base that could take a new practitioner a decent way.

Has clearly been hit with the editing stick where some edgier topics have been glossed over a bit, but manages to avoid accumulating fluff in those places which is a point in its favour.

I'm adopting some of the tech. they use, but not the system as a whole, and (within reason) it does allow for this kind of flexibility.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#3 bluelily

bluelily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

Great! I started tonight and am loving it so far! Definitely different than the majority of books out there at the moment in my opinion