Cast my first spell last night...

FairCirce

I needed to share this because I'm been chuckling to myself and have no one to share with irl!

Last night, spurred on by the full moon, I finally decided to bite the bullet and cast my first spell. I've been in a perpetual "waiting for the right time" mode...reading non-stop, making sure I had all the tools I thought I would want/need, etc. I basically felt like I've been prepping for a big exam and then kept postponing actually taking it. 

So last night I thought let me just do this, maybe I just need to lose my spell virginity and then things will move on from there. I was planning on casting a protective charm on an amulet and was feeling confident because I finally felt like I had gotten the specific intent and wording that I wanted before I cast. It's way too cold to do a spell outside, but I wanted to give thanks/recognize the moon and spirits so I went outside before bed, thanked them and said a few words. After everyone else was long asleep, including the dogs, I went to my space and set up my altar, set my compass, and settled down into my meditative state. I was feeling good! A bit nervous, but overall I was like "I got this!"

I was in my trance, had literally just finished asking my spirits to watch over/guide me (the first time I've done so in a "formal" setting) and wouldn't you know, my dog starts flipping the hell out. Barking up a storm, pawing at her crate...she's a Rottweiler, so you can imagine the noise. I'm jolted out of my trance, my heart is in my throat, I lose my balance (I'm sitting, but still) and I go grabbing for the nearest thing to me, which happens to be a blanket on a chair. I pull the chair over and it topples partially on top of me. I have incense burning in a closed container, so now I'm flailing trying to get the chair off of me so I can make sure that didn't fall over, and I want to stop my dog from barking so she doesn't wake the whole house. Funnily enough, NOTHING on my altar was even slightly out of place. As soon as I had righted myself and was sure everything in my space was okay, my dog abruptly stopped barking. I heard her settle down and start snoring a few minutes later, and I was finally calm enough to continue. 

I apologized profusely to my spirits for the interruption, but they seemed to think it was funnier than I did. I continued on with the spell and all was good from there on out. Now that I've slept on it I can see the humor in it but let me tell you, I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest last night lmao. I'm thinking the spirits made themselves known for the first time and my dog didn't appreciate the unexpected visitor... Anyway, thought you all might enjoy. I guess it'll remain to be seen whether the spell actually worked  :D

That's a great story :D spirits usually have a good laugh at newbies - at the beginning when I started out I so often forgot things and messed things up that it really knocked my ego, eventually I was just like, "they know what I'm like at this stage, no worries" :p

That's a great story :D spirits usually have a good laugh at newbies - at the beginning when I started out I so often forgot things and messed things up that it really knocked my ego, eventually I was just like, "they know what I'm like at this stage, no worries" :P

Yes, that's exactly what I felt like!  :D  Although I was definitely a little sullen at first lol

Well done, FariCirce! You'll have to keep us updated of the outcome  :D

So far, so good!  ;)

That's hilarious!  :D Casting your first spell is so exciting, I kinda wish I could go back!

It was very exhilarating, that's for sure!  :D