Biddy Brazil, Irish witch?

moondance

So, I have been sifting through the National Folklore Collection of Ireland and I found a number of stories about a woman named Biddy Brazil. At first I thought it was a meant to me Biddy Early, but the locations are far from each other as Biddy Early is from Clare and this woman was from Castletown, Ireland. I imagine it is a common nickname, but still interesting. I was wondering if anyone familiar with Irish folklore has heard of Biddy Brazil before? 

Edited by moondance

I thought I recalled reading something, somewhere, but even using Irish Google and a number of folklore search engines, the only mention I could find was from the same site you've already looked at.  My efforts were not exhaustive, but it doesn't look like there is much out there on this person, at all, in digitized form.  Let us know if you are able to find out more.

I can tell you from personal experience that old Irish ladies are a force of nature, witch or not :P sorry I don't have any extra information but I'll ask around a little

Yes, I imagine so!  :P

I thought I recalled reading something, somewhere, but even using Irish Google and a number of folklore search engines, the only mention I could find was from the same site you've already looked at.  My efforts were not exhaustive, but it doesn't look like there is much out there on this person, at all, in digitized form.  Let us know if you are able to find out more.

I will, but I think you are right.  B)