Sign in to follow this  
LiberArts

DEMONOLATRY

So I’ve looked around the for a topic and I couldn’t find one on this subject so I thought I’d start it. I’ve been reading a lot online about Daemonolatry and it’s history. I noticed that many are split on its system, and those that follow it praise its results. I’m thinking of buying a few books on the subject and I’ve noticed that S. Connolly isn’t the only arthur to write about it. I won’t list my other findings here unless needed for further discussion. The problem some seem to have with the system centers around the hierarchies of daemons, spelling of names and the many different paradigms it pulls from. But that doesn’t dissuade me because of it works, it works. But what disturbs me the most is the hate that comes off those that are opposed to it. I don’t see anyone attacking people for using the necronomicon saying “it’s not legitimate” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I simply would like to know if anyone has any experience with the system or even any of the text. I would like to get some.

Oh, and another than popped up in my brief study of Demonolatry. “The Enns” I’ve never heard of this before I started reading about the subject. It was a complete surprise.

Well I don't mess with daemons myself, I do know some that do have a great relationship with them. I'm not sure what to make of Daemons or Angels. If you believe in one, you must believe in the other.

I disagree. Many if not all of the demons of the abrahamic tradition were the daemons of the pagans. These intelligences root tradition seem to pre-date the those that classify them as malevolent spirits. 

• Upvote 1

Well the Catholics do seem to like to ruin everything! Not being one makes me sceptical of demons and angels.

I have mixed feelings about Connolly and her system. I've tried calling a few of her demons using the enns and sigils with absolutely no result. On the other hand, it was her sigil and enn for Satan that actually propelled my work with him forward. However, once direct contact was established he directed me to use a more traditional seal from the grimoire tradition and I've totally stopped using his enn. 

Overall, I would say worshiping these entities is generally a bad idea. While you can make the argument that SOME of them are historical pagan deities, spirits evolve alongside human beings. They are by no means "evil". Just "dark". And their energy/presence/whatever you wanna call it, can delude and lead you down an unsafe path if you don't have a 'counterweight' as it were. I think that's what the whole "command in the name of the LORD" stuff if really all about in the grimoires. I don't really do that, I treat them with respect and veneration, but when I feel their influence is getting to be a too much I take a breather and worship Deity. 

• Upvote 1

I've never heard of the Enns but my class on Death and Dying briefly touched on Jinns in Islamic faith.

I grew up and was schooled Roman Catholic ("until I reached the age of reason" - Carlin) so have a natural attraction towards imagery of angels as depicted in that tradition. I've worked with Angels relevant to this tradition in readings, but the Old Testament always fascinated me more. That led to curiousity for Kabbalah ma'asit or Practical Kabbalah. Right now I'm just divining with different archetypes found within the Hebrew Tree of Life using the Angelarium Oracle, that deck likes taking my breath away (I like combining it with tarot for an extra punch in the gut). I particularly enjoy that the Angels have personalities that allow the reader to go beyond the dichotomy of good/evil.

When I was young I embraced duality and I either attracted or created two angels. Early thoughts understood them as two parts of a whole, opposite sisters or whatever. As I've relied on them through the years I think they're two personalities that individually meet different needs of mine, but also the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; they are synergistic.

Edited by ThreeCircleTarot

Amongst her pursuits, she writes fiction AND romance.

I recall wondering why she would want to call 30 demons in 30 days, for no reason. She seems a fake. It was just one of her challenges. I give her a hard pass.

• Upvote 2

In defense of fiction AND romance, I know of two other serious practicing witches who are best sellers in both genres, and I would consider legit practitioners. The 30 demons in 30 days thing? That's...yeah, hard pass. 

• Upvote 1

Ah, I completely failed to make my point. I hate pecking away with one hand. You don't need to defend genres or authors. I know a ton of authors that are witches, whom I respect, and don't wish to offend.

However, with some of what this lady does, I get the strong impression that she writes edgelord-style occult fiction. I've read small bits of her work, and decided it's not for me. Some people think she's great, though. The world would be quite dull if we all had the same flex. I'd love to hear that the impression I have gained over time is in all ways incorrect, but so far? Nah.

In my opinion, demonolatry is a shit system. I’m not saying you can’t get any results, but I think the exchange of your time for what results you WILL get is not close to equivalent. I think your results would go either in the direction of Jung, and you’ll be manifesting yourself (which isn’t bad at all), or you’re going to get something to show. I doubt it will be what you were expecting, though. I’ve found that if you spend enough time calling to a spirit, something eventually DOES show up. It’s very often not what we thought it would be though.

This thread is a month old, did you end up trying it out? Sometimes I like being wrong...

Ah, I completely failed to make my point. I hate pecking away with one hand. You don't need to defend genres or authors. I know a ton of authors that are witches, whom I respect, and don't wish to offend.

However, with some of what this lady does, I get the strong impression that she writes edgelord-style occult fiction. I've read small bits of her work, and decided it's not for me. Some people think she's great, though. The world would be quite dull if we all had the same flex. I'd love to hear that the impression I have gained over time is in all ways incorrect, but so far? Nah.

A- are you referring to S. Connolly? I have two of her books and have spent a good amount of time in them, I haven't put any of it to practice yet because I am very skeptical of anything that's "angels and demons" because of the bible

you and I have talked a about this topic in the past and you gave me good advice and I stuck to it. anyways on the OP I think that in general if anyone feels a "pull" or "connection" to this practice then you should at least pay that pull some respect and check it out with caution of course....my biggest issue is constantly that I cant get past all the authors/books that say " its done this way or that, and the other way is wrong" I feel like books can fuck up your focus a lot sometimes if you rely in them to much.....I don't know that's my thoughts anyways. i'm also curious if you got any results?

Ghost -  I gave one book to a friend, and Connolly seems to be his jam, and he gets results, so idk...

This is an interesting topic and I hope more people contribute because I want to keep reading more about it! I personally don't plan on working with spirits extensively (never say never, I currently respect Death as an equal) and much less semi-divine creatures in any direction. There's a similar topic where you do call an entity that doesn't exist for more than a singular task however, and that is something I've found interesting enough to research further.

Posted (edited)

I have Gordon Winterfield's book, Demons of Magick, but haven't yet used the rituals. I also have some Gallery of Magick books and have gotten pretty good results calling up angels & demons at once. It's an interesting journey. If you like, PM me and I'll give you the link to a forum where it's all demon talk all the time. 

Edited by Kupala

I have never asked about this online before but after something extreme happened once again I figured it is time to find out what I'm dealing with. So, the story in short is as follows: I have been a bit different for as long as I can recall, attracted to what most people call darkness yet I don't see it quite that way. It feel normal yet as the years passed by me as a kid I understood that it sure was not normal at all. I was very extreme in my ways when young, very young, before my teens, I was basically looking for spirits, demons...and then something changed, and it was sudden and it was amazing, I should say "scary and horrible" but I did not, and still do not ,feel that way but I really want to figure out what this is. What I know is a word or name that sounds like "Ynix" and a shadow that seems like a horned being, not quite antlers but a large ︶ shape on the head. It takes a "offer" everytime it does something for me. And never a small one, it is a sacrifice and not something I decided, it just takes something. And it can do unspeakable things. Anyone know what it can be ? I have searched and thought about this for about 30 years now. Thank you so much in advance, I assure you, this is not crazy, it took a lot of pondering over if I should or should not ask to even think about posting here. I do not take drugs and do not have an illness that makes me see and experience something that isn't there. I had myself tested a few times over the years just to be certain. If nobody here have info maybe someone knows about a forum or person, FB group or any other serious suggestion to where or who could perhaps have an idea what's latched on to me for so long. At this point I see it as just another day as I am so used to it, but the last time something very extreme happened after I asked for it I started to look for answers.

Posted (edited)

@NorwegianWitch    Wow. So many  questions my curious inquisitive mind really wants to ask....but this isn't the place or time (to public). And you may not want to answer them. :) :)

In my much younger life I would have said: "OMG it is the devil/Satan and you had better immediately do intense spiritual warfare and exorcism to get rid of that evil dude as fast as possible!!! LOL

But at this stage in my life journey I don't know.

I used to internet converse with a nice and communicative actively practicing lifelong Satanist willing to disclose and share. But haven't done so for years...If I can remember or find on my computer where/how to contact him I will pass info on to you. He may be able, willing to tell you what he knows or what his opinion is .

Also, Surely someone here knows. Hope you find what you need!

Edited by Homeschoolie

Posted (edited)

@NorwegianWitch    The ancient Egyptian  Goddesses Hathor and Isis  resemble your description.. I knew I had seen it before somewhere.

Edited by Homeschoolie

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 4:02 AM, Homeschoolie said:

@NorwegianWitch    Wow. So many  questions my curious inquisitive mind really wants to ask....but this isn't the place or time (to public). And you may not want to answer them. 🙂 🙂

In my much younger life I would have said: "OMG it is the devil/Satan and you had better immediately do intense spiritual warfare and exorcism to get rid of that evil dude as fast as possible!!! LOL

But at this stage in my life journey I don't know.

I used to internet converse with a nice and communicative actively practicing lifelong Satanist willing to disclose and share. But haven't done so for years...If I can remember or find on my computer where/how to contact him I will pass info on to you. He may be able, willing to tell you what he knows or what his opinion is .

Also, Surely someone here knows. Hope you find what you need!

Fire away, send a PM, I'll answer unless it is personal or will lead to men in white coats come knocking at my door. I'm sure whoever is hanging around would deal with the issue but the price is probably be higher than I am interested in paying.

Haha, I don't think I ever believed in God/Satan, it was straight onto demons. I have no idea where it came from, the idea, not the entity. I recall using Ouija at a very young age, probably got that from some horror flick as my mom was into those, but I was already in that headspace, don't know why.

Anyway, I came back to the forum today because something happened yet again, nothing big this time however no other explanation.Lately I have been looking for forums and FB groups, joined some and quickly hurried away from those. My answer certainly was not there. 

Thing is, I don't want to get rid of it, that would be like ripping out one of my vital organs. After all this time it has grown to be a part of me, the perks are great, even the bad ones I suppose.

Edited by NorwegianWitch

17 hours ago, NorwegianWitch said:

Anyway, I came back to the forum today because something happened yet again, nothing big this time however no other explanation.Lately I have been looking for forums and FB groups, joined some and quickly hurried away from those. My answer certainly was not there. 

I like the way you put it....quickly hurried away from those HaHa. I did  FB for a few years;  joined a  variety of spiritual practices  and belief groups.  But whew it was just to much. It got to be overwhelming. Such chaos and lunacy!

Although I must admit conversing with people from such a variety of countries was fascinating and educational. Loved the way some Australians and Africans phrased things and many words they used were so different from here in the states. They and I had some chuckles when we had little or no idea what the other really said or meant! 

Still have a FB account but only visit weekly to do the clean up of Messages, Friend requests etc. And check on the few friends/family I monitor.

Sign in to follow this