14 replies to this topic

#1 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:21 AM

So I’ve looked around the for a topic and I couldn’t find one on this subject so I thought I’d start it. I’ve been reading a lot online about Daemonolatry and it’s history. I noticed that many are split on its system, and those that follow it praise its results. I’m thinking of buying a few books on the subject and I’ve noticed that S. Connolly isn’t the only arthur to write about it. I won’t list my other findings here unless needed for further discussion. The problem some seem to have with the system centers around the hierarchies of daemons, spelling of names and the many different paradigms it pulls from. But that doesn’t dissuade me because of it works, it works. But what disturbs me the most is the hate that comes off those that are opposed to it. I don’t see anyone attacking people for using the necronomicon saying “it’s not legitimate” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I simply would like to know if anyone has any experience with the system or even any of the text. I would like to get some.

#2 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:24 AM

Oh, and another than popped up in my brief study of Demonolatry. “The Enns” I’ve never heard of this before I started reading about the subject. It was a complete surprise.

#3 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

Well I don't mess with daemons myself, I do know some that do have a great relationship with them. I'm not sure what to make of Daemons or Angels. If you believe in one, you must believe in the other.

#4 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

I disagree. Many if not all of the demons of the abrahamic tradition were the daemons of the pagans. These intelligences root tradition seem to pre-date the those that classify them as malevolent spirits. 

#5 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

Well the Catholics do seem to like to ruin everything! Not being one makes me sceptical of demons and angels.

#6 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

True, I grew up in a catholic family. Catholic school up until HS.

#7 AllSaintsDay

AllSaintsDay

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:19 AM

I have mixed feelings about Connolly and her system. I've tried calling a few of her demons using the enns and sigils with absolutely no result. On the other hand, it was her sigil and enn for Satan that actually propelled my work with him forward. However, once direct contact was established he directed me to use a more traditional seal from the grimoire tradition and I've totally stopped using his enn. 

Overall, I would say worshiping these entities is generally a bad idea. While you can make the argument that SOME of them are historical pagan deities, spirits evolve alongside human beings. They are by no means "evil". Just "dark". And their energy/presence/whatever you wanna call it, can delude and lead you down an unsafe path if you don't have a 'counterweight' as it were. I think that's what the whole "command in the name of the LORD" stuff if really all about in the grimoires. I don't really do that, I treat them with respect and veneration, but when I feel their influence is getting to be a too much I take a breather and worship Deity. 

#8 ThreeCircleTarot

ThreeCircleTarot

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

I've never heard of the Enns but my class on Death and Dying briefly touched on Jinns in Islamic faith.

I grew up and was schooled Roman Catholic ("until I reached the age of reason" - Carlin) so have a natural attraction towards imagery of angels as depicted in that tradition. I've worked with Angels relevant to this tradition in readings, but the Old Testament always fascinated me more. That led to curiousity for Kabbalah ma'asit or Practical Kabbalah. Right now I'm just divining with different archetypes found within the Hebrew Tree of Life using the Angelarium Oracle, that deck likes taking my breath away (I like combining it with tarot for an extra punch in the gut). I particularly enjoy that the Angels have personalities that allow the reader to go beyond the dichotomy of good/evil.

When I was young I embraced duality and I either attracted or created two angels. Early thoughts understood them as two parts of a whole, opposite sisters or whatever. As I've relied on them through the years I think they're two personalities that individually meet different needs of mine, but also the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; they are synergistic.

Edited by ThreeCircleTarot, 18 April 2019 - 04:22 PM.

#9 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

Amongst her pursuits, she writes fiction AND romance.

I recall wondering why she would want to call 30 demons in 30 days, for no reason. She seems a fake. It was just one of her challenges. I give her a hard pass.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#10 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:30 AM

In defense of fiction AND romance, I know of two other serious practicing witches who are best sellers in both genres, and I would consider legit practitioners. The 30 demons in 30 days thing? That's...yeah, hard pass. 

#11 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:54 AM

Ah, I completely failed to make my point. I hate pecking away with one hand. You don't need to defend genres or authors. I know a ton of authors that are witches, whom I respect, and don't wish to offend.

However, with some of what this lady does, I get the strong impression that she writes edgelord-style occult fiction. I've read small bits of her work, and decided it's not for me. Some people think she's great, though. The world would be quite dull if we all had the same flex. I'd love to hear that the impression I have gained over time is in all ways incorrect, but so far? Nah.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#12 Kathen

Kathen

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

In my opinion, demonolatry is a shit system. I’m not saying you can’t get any results, but I think the exchange of your time for what results you WILL get is not close to equivalent. I think your results would go either in the direction of Jung, and you’ll be manifesting yourself (which isn’t bad at all), or you’re going to get something to show. I doubt it will be what you were expecting, though. I’ve found that if you spend enough time calling to a spirit, something eventually DOES show up. It’s very often not what we thought it would be though.

This thread is a month old, did you end up trying it out? Sometimes I like being wrong...

#13 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Ah, I completely failed to make my point. I hate pecking away with one hand. You don't need to defend genres or authors. I know a ton of authors that are witches, whom I respect, and don't wish to offend.

However, with some of what this lady does, I get the strong impression that she writes edgelord-style occult fiction. I've read small bits of her work, and decided it's not for me. Some people think she's great, though. The world would be quite dull if we all had the same flex. I'd love to hear that the impression I have gained over time is in all ways incorrect, but so far? Nah.

A- are you referring to S. Connolly? I have two of her books and have spent a good amount of time in them, I haven't put any of it to practice yet because I am very skeptical of anything that's "angels and demons" because of the bible

you and I have talked a about this topic in the past and you gave me good advice and I stuck to it. anyways on the OP I think that in general if anyone feels a "pull" or "connection" to this practice then you should at least pay that pull some respect and check it out with caution of course....my biggest issue is constantly that I cant get past all the authors/books that say " its done this way or that, and the other way is wrong" I feel like books can fuck up your focus a lot sometimes if you rely in them to much.....I don't know that's my thoughts anyways. i'm also curious if you got any results?

You're all a bunch of fuckin assholes, ya know why? you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be.

You need people like me, you need people like me so you can point your fuckin fingers.

and say " That's the bad guy"

So say goodnight to the bad guy!

#14 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:00 AM

Ghost -  I gave one book to a friend, and Connolly seems to be his jam, and he gets results, so idk...

#15 StJohn

StJohn

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

This is an interesting topic and I hope more people contribute because I want to keep reading more about it! I personally don't plan on working with spirits extensively (never say never, I currently respect Death as an equal) and much less semi-divine creatures in any direction. There's a similar topic where you do call an entity that doesn't exist for more than a singular task however, and that is something I've found interesting enough to research further.

אל תפחד