5 replies to this topic

#1 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:21 AM

So I’ve looked around the for a topic and I couldn’t find one on this subject so I thought I’d start it. I’ve been reading a lot online about Daemonolatry and it’s history. I noticed that many are split on its system, and those that follow it praise its results. I’m thinking of buying a few books on the subject and I’ve noticed that S. Connolly isn’t the only arthur to write about it. I won’t list my other findings here unless needed for further discussion. The problem some seem to have with the system centers around the hierarchies of daemons, spelling of names and the many different paradigms it pulls from. But that doesn’t dissuade me because of it works, it works. But what disturbs me the most is the hate that comes off those that are opposed to it. I don’t see anyone attacking people for using the necronomicon saying “it’s not legitimate” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I simply would like to know if anyone has any experience with the system or even any of the text. I would like to get some.

#2 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:24 AM

Oh, and another than popped up in my brief study of Demonolatry. “The Enns” I’ve never heard of this before I started reading about the subject. It was a complete surprise.

#3 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

Well I don't mess with daemons myself, I do know some that do have a great relationship with them. I'm not sure what to make of Daemons or Angels. If you believe in one, you must believe in the other.

#4 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

I disagree. Many if not all of the demons of the abrahamic tradition were the daemons of the pagans. These intelligences root tradition seem to pre-date the those that classify them as malevolent spirits. 

#5 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

Well the Catholics do seem to like to ruin everything! Not being one makes me sceptical of demons and angels.

#6 LiberArts

LiberArts

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

True, I grew up in a catholic family. Catholic school up until HS.