Sign in to follow this  
Georgina

What's your favourite form of divination?

Bubbles suppose to be good sign in any cup or glass. All for money as far as I know. :)

Good to know! Thanks!

I have heard of coffee scrying with the creamer...slowly pour in the creamer and divine the shapes and such.  I've tried it but either it's not my thing or I need more time (it ends up just getting uniform in appearance too fast for me...

• Upvote 1

I tried doing latte scrying the other day when my Mom bought a new cappuccino machine :lol:  I saw stout cartoonish figures, maybe gnomes, tribal-dancing in a line. I mean, whatever. Anything can be used as a divination system, if you focus mind and/or eye in the right way. Clouds, spilt milk, sticks on the ground, stupid news in the tabloids... of course that's a really whimsical and probably much less useful approach than using a system, either traditional or self-designed, but, hey!

• Upvote 1

Bubbles suppose to be good sign in any cup or glass. All for money as far as I know. :)

I KNEW I liked Seltzer for other reasons than the obvious.

• Upvote 1

I have heard of coffee scrying with the creamer...slowly pour in the creamer and divine the shapes and such.  I've tried it but either it's not my thing or I need more time (it ends up just getting uniform in appearance too fast for me...

Interesting about the creamer... I always take mine plain, so I never thought about it.

I tried doing latte scrying the other day when my Mom bought a new cappuccino machine :lol:  I saw stout cartoonish figures, maybe gnomes, tribal-dancing in a line. I mean, whatever. Anything can be used as a divination system, if you focus mind and/or eye in the right way. Clouds, spilt milk, sticks on the ground, stupid news in the tabloids... of course that's a really whimsical and probably much less useful approach than using a system, either traditional or self-designed, but, hey!

Yup... so long as it work, then, well it works. :D

A long time ago, I went to a Psychic Fair, and decided to have my "Fortune Read"  I saw this Lady who was reading the bubbles in a water jug, so I had her do a reading for me.  Frankly I did not believe a single thing she said.  None of it rang true, but I have never seen that way of reading again.  Any ideas?  She had me pour water from a jug into a clear bowl.

A long time ago, I went to a Psychic Fair, and decided to have my "Fortune Read"  I saw this Lady who was reading the bubbles in a water jug, so I had her do a reading for me.  Frankly I did not believe a single thing she said.  None of it rang true, but I have never seen that way of reading again.  Any ideas?  She had me pour water from a jug into a clear bowl.

I've never seen that done... but I would guess it's supposed to be similar to the bubbles in the cups kinda thing we were talking about with the coffee.

It must be, but I have never found any info on this method of divination.

It must be, but I have never found any info on this method of divination.

I spoke with a witchy friend from my home town this morning and asked... but nope, she'd never heard it either.

The lady that did the water scrying was African so that could be a clue of origin.

• Upvote 1

The lady that did the water scrying was African so that could be a clue of origin.

I have a friend whose mom is from Ghana. I'll shoot her a text later today and see if she knows anything.

I asked my Pagan friend whose mom is from Ghana, and she had no idea... but she did apparently get a really cool book on herbals while she was visiting.

Oh well!  Thanks for asking...I should have asked her more questions.

• Upvote 1

Tarot is my usual go-to, but I’ve also got an affinity for dice.

Does anyone else like using either singular dice, or sets?

I use playing cards mostly, but sometimes I'll use a d10.

Sign in to follow this