Photo
- - - - -

What's your favourite form of divination?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:11 AM

:flyaway:  So I thought I'd open up this topic since it's a fun topic & I couldn't find a thread.

Personally I'm really into multiple forms of divination. Tarot, visualisation, pyromancy & now I have a set of oracle cards to which I'm learning how to use... I think I've finally linked with them tonight, I've been practicing with them for days building an energy link. 

I'm rapidly picking things up again since my period of witchy absence (long weird story involving homelessness etc it's over now & I'm settled).

I find there are so many arts towards practicing divination... the good news is the dejavu flashbacks & dreams have increased the more I practice & the other weird thing is my health is improving the more I practice  :crystal-gazing:  I'm going to type that up in another thread though because it's interesting.

I find my mood changes, but mostly I use cards & pyromancy.

My worst failure ever was a "crystal" ball... maybe it was really just low quality glass or something but seriously I nearly fell asleep multiple times trying to do divination with one. I gave up in the end & tossed it onto the mantle, forever more it was decor.  :wavex:

Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.

#2 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:15 PM

I use my oracle cards every day, they are the ones I made for myself and you can find a picture of them on my Art page. I have had no luck with my crystal ball, but then again I hav'ent tried it recently.

#3 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:08 AM

I use tarot most often, but douse with L rods.

My favourite though, is an unconventional trance method.

When I can get my wife to drive on a sunny day through and area with many trees I lie back with my eyes closed (it also works under a tree with dappled shade on a windy summer day).
The rapid flashes of alternating light, and 'red dark' (light shining through the blood vessels in my eyelids) will normally have me seeing things within a minute or two.
I've able to direct what I see with some success and interpret useful answers to the questions I've posed.

It's odd, and certainly not for everyone (I can't sustain it for more that about 10 minutes without feeling ill), but i find it immensely satisfying.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#4 WinterMeudwy

WinterMeudwy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

I read tarot and playing cards mostly, but I enjoy exploring loads of various other cards systems (I publish indie decks), hedgeriding, tea leaves and I'm working on making myself a black mirror for scrying.

#5 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

A black mirror for scrying would be a nice tool to have, let us know if you have any luck using it.
Tea leaf reading is something I would like to try, I have to stop using teabags though! They are hard to read.
Let us know when you get your mirror done.