7 replies to this topic

#1 venusaversa

venusaversa

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

I started practicing the craft a couple of years ago and fell away from it for a long while. Recently, let's say the last month, I dove back in and it's been very satisfying. The thing is, I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and my interests in everything has faded. But since picking up where I left off and practicing again daily, I'm feeling like myself again. I have more ambition. I feel more connected and grounded. I'm sexually aroused again. And I'm becoming more interested in the hobbies and other things I enjoy. I know meditation in general tends to make people feel better and a lot of spell work is meditative but it feels like there's more at play here. I would love some input and personal experiences in this area.

#2 Symbiot

Symbiot

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

Your just getting back into the "flow" of what the universe wants for you and what you should be doing!  no worries its natural to feel better when you are more closely aligned with source ;)

#3 WinterMeudwy

WinterMeudwy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:42 PM

I can totally understand. I suffer from both and if I allow myself to start to disconnect from my regular contact from my craft, it gets worse. Once the flow is back, I instantly notice I react to thinags better, I've got more drive and am in a better relaxed mood.is about not letting myself allow anything to take away that sacred time and space I need, even if it's reading a witchy book or doing some card spreads.

#4 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:06 AM

What Winter said is a lesson I learned recently. I had to make a choice between my mundane pleasures (friends and such) and my witch life with respect to which life gets prioritized. My mundane life often likes to try and get in the way of the other, but I’ve made my decision that the latter must get priority. My quality of life has improved in similar ways to yours (confidence, eased anxiety) since I began practicing so this was an easy decision to make.

#5 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

I think that a lot of areas of the craft begins with understanding yourself first which allows you to open up and grow inside and this takes a lot of internal work. It takes time but it is only natural that focussing and developing yourself internally will benefit you both mentally and physically.

I have never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.

#6 venusaversa

venusaversa

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:24 PM

I actually have some pretty severe fibromyalgia and joint pain and lately it's felt a thousand times better which is saying something. I have regular flare ups but recently, nothing. It's been awesome. It wasn't really a "side effect" I was expecting. My luck has been terrible. But I feel better lol.

#7 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

Actually now that you mention it.. I haven’t gotten sick once since I first began practicing a couple of years ago, which is interesting to me. This is actually the longest I’ve gone without getting sick.

Edited by FancyShadowCat, 16 November 2018 - 06:44 PM.

#8 venusaversa

venusaversa

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:53 PM

Yea see, and I wonder what that is? Perhaps regular negativity banishing? I don't know if you do that but I do in some of my spellwork.