6 replies to this topic

#1 WinterMeudwy

WinterMeudwy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

I wondered if anyone uses this method of divination? I came across the witches runes in one of the first books on witchcraft I remember buying. They're not an old system, in fact I think they may have been created by the author of that particular book which I gifted on years ago, but I couldn't even really connect with the elder futhark and when I created myself a set of these I actually really felt a connection and could read them intuitively. I've seen a couple of variants since but I used the 13 stone set.

#2 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:36 PM

I have seen them and even contemplated making my own set, but I think I would prefer a rune set.

#3 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:54 PM

In my opinion it is always better to make your own runes it is very simple and your bond and connection will be a thousand times stronger than mass produced copied runes created by someone else which I think makes our divination much more effective.

I have never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.

#4 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

I agree Llyr, Tools of any magickal type made with your own hands carry so much more power. If you must buy a tool you never know what frame of mind it's maker was in.
Then you must cleanse and consecrate it before using.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:51 AM

Not sure what you'd class my method as. I lack a runes set & tarot cards... must get some. I was homeless last year for a year, long story short, I lost all of my craft tools during this period. I ended up donated over £2000 in the end & bought a boat (long story for another thread).

So I'm using my book currently. One tool I've kept is my grandmothers mixed silver necklace... the tigers eye is new, but I've worn it awhile, long enough to bond it seems.

I've just finished using mine, I'm actually curious as to how powerful family heirlooms are, but I can put that in another post. Don't wish to hijack yours.

Attached Files

Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.

#6 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

Your photo does not look like a Tiger's Eye to me. It may just be the photo though. You can use this as a pendulum.
Any object that has been worn a lot will have some sort of influence attached to it.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:07 PM

You are completely right Onyx, my mistake... The tiger's eye is on my book cover. That pendant is actually a bloodstone.

This is the tiger's eye in my book cover, I've adjusted it all since. Handmade by somebody else, I'm just finishing it off.

Attached Files

Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.