• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

I have a Wiccan acquaintance as well and I do like her. I suppose i should’ve said that I’d prefer if those who try to define the entire scope of the craft to be what ever their path is (usually harm none and what ever they believe in) were more quiet.

I respect people’s individual paths, though I don’t agree with how some loud individuals try to proclaim that all witchcraft is about such and such that THEY practice. That woman sounds nice, I hope you find a good use for that candle.

#22 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:52 PM

Yes, she just was so open and relaxed about what she was doing, I liked her frankness.
The candle is for my daughter in Law, she is a skull lover.

#23 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

Candle is for my Daughter in Law, She is a real Skull lover!

#24 AgentBender

AgentBender

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

I have struggled with relating to the world in this way, finding the balance of healthy self-expression: not stifling my Truth, not over-exposing. I definitely gave up discussing sacred things with muggles and skeptics. I am an absolute cIosed-book with these types. To share the deepest, most sacred parts of oneself only to be scoffed at is detrimental in so many ways. I only share with people who are interested in practicing or who seem to really want to believe, and even with these, I keep it vague.

I open up to other witches, but still I am very mindful of what I say. I never discuss spellwork already done. To do so is to break the spell; I try to literally forget when I've done a working for manifestation. I never discuss interactions with the Fae, even with other witches, because, from what I've experienced, it offends them deeply, but especially so to divulge with skeptics or muggles.

I do discuss theory and technique with my one and only experienced witch friend, and I will do so on this forum, as well.

I have one public, revealing post on Facebook, in which I declared my status as a "pan-sexual, anarchist, Marxist Witch, on an agenda to corrupt you and everyone you know - and by "corrupt," I mean "liberate and empower."" I made this post because I am an activist and I want to be controversial to spur conversations, to let my fellows know what I am, and because I made an oath to be more open and True to myself. I do protect myself a bit by using an alias an Facebook.

Edited by AgentBender, 22 July 2019 - 06:39 PM.

#25 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:27 PM

I was 8 or 9 when I became interested in stories and history of witches and alchemists.  Around 10 I started playing Dungeons and Dragons with all of my characters being magical.  I began really looking into a magical lifestyle around this time.  I would paint runes on rocks and leave them stashed around the woods near our farm.  I would read everything I could get my hands on.  I was creating protective sigils and my dad let me paint one on the barn, of course he didn't know what it was, he just liked the way it looked.  Always artistic, my subject matter was always of the mystical.  I discovered Wicca from a Lewllyn publication about candle rituals, and I was hooked.  By 16 my hair was down to my waist, my ears were pierced and if I wasn't in the woods, I was in the library studying everything from Norse shamanism to Native American mythology to Hawaiian spiritualism.  By 18 Wicca was tapped out for me and I began examining the craft with a more traditional approach.  I don't really give a shit what people think, my hair has fallen out, and I sleep well at night.