Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Phagos

First Off....

***THIS TOPIC WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS***

So for those still to watch it or are part way through.. you've been warned!

That being said... what did everyone think? I have mixed feelings, I really enjoyed it, especially the ending. It was both deliciously dark and fun at the same time. But bits of it irritated me as well! The whole stereotype opposite of Christianity thing and focus on the devil was a bit much. Also little things like in ep. 3 with the Judges, where they call them, "Your Dishonours" instead of "Your Honours" really made my eye twitch a bit haha I can't really remember the details of the original show.. so I don't know if they did the same sort of thing in that or not. 

On the whole though, I did really like it, there was a few things in there that seemed accurate and the macabre nature of it has me wanting more! 

haven't watched it yet! doin a 16day straight work week and only have way through, so i'll be watching it next week sometime when im off.

very excited to see what its all about. I never really got into the original but this one looks great.

I haven’t watched yet either, not sure if I will, but I did see they're getting sued by the Satanic Temple for stealing their statue.  

Edited by Duchess

Im currently watching it sometimes on netflix.  I find it to be fun and enjoyable to watch, after all im a sucker for anything witchy.

I also dont like the whole satanic association.  That witches must sign their name in the dark lords book,  but still i find parts of it enjoyable and will continue to watch it.  

I haven’t watched yet either, not sure if I will, but I did see they're getting sued by the Satanic Temple for stealing their statue.

Are they? How rude. I wonder if the Templars will sue them in return then, well, if they were alive.

yeah the lawsuit shit is stupid......watched the first episode and I liked it, didnt care about the satan shit cuz it makes Christians that watch it squirm lol

we'll see what's to come.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t mind the satanic aspects as I think it was used in part to stress something abnormal about TW practitioners, which is that most of them embrace the dark. This is something not found in the dominant abrahamic religions so seeing them embrace it to the extent that they did in the show was very satisfying to me.

My partner is convinced the whole dark lord thing and satanic religion within the programme is to sneakily poke fun at organised religions and show the obsurdity of it all. Personally I think he's looking too hard but its amusing what different messages people get from the same sources.

Are they? How rude. I wonder if the Templars will sue them in return then, well, if they were alive.

yeah the lawsuit shit is stupid......

I am getting a bit tired of the spread of misinformation on this issue.

If anyone actually took the time to read the reason behind the lawsuit, instead of just commenting on it and fueling the fire, I think most would see that they are in the right here.

Whatever your personal feelings about The Satanic Temple they, like every one else have legal right to protect their intellectual property.

Please read this article, in which TST's official statement on the matter is duplicated.

http://loudwire.com/satanic-temple-50-million-lawsuit-netflix-baphomet-statue/

It is not about the use of Baphomet.

It is about the use without any request or permission of a statue that is nearly an exact replica of the TST's copywrited sculpture that was made by a TST artist.

Sabrina's producers could have used a genaric Baphomet image, and they would not have been sued.

Edited by Solanaceae

To be fair I have not spread any misinformation! You have quoted me Solanaceae simply asking a question and then making a quip. The reason I haven't read up on the subject is because quite simply I do not care enough.

To be fair I have not spread any misinformation! You have quoted me Solanaceae simply asking a question and then making a quip. The reason I haven't read up on the subject is because quite simply I do not care enough.

So you simply expressed an opinion on a subject you haven't read about at all? 

• Upvote 1

So you simply expressed an opinion on a subject you haven't read about at all?

No, I didn't express an opinion. I said and I quote... Are they? And then I made a joke about the Templar's suing them back. It was meant to be funny, scroll up and see for yourself. If you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to (by "you" i mean the general public, not you in particular). But do not say I am doing something I am not.

Edited by OwlSerpent

Unfortunately I don't get Netflix but I was at my Brother in Laws house and they do, they put on the Sabrina movie and then said "Oh no it's that Witch thing."

I wanted to watch it, but aparently not them. Catholics!

First of all, my saying I am getting tired of the spread of misinformation was not addressed to you or anyone in particular.

I have noticed an overall bias or misunderstanding in the general population, at least online whenever this comes up.

I quoted you and Ghost because you had made comments about the lawsuit clearly without knowing all the facts.

I was hoping to prevent the spread of misinformation for anyone who reads this thread. Therefore I did not accuse you of anything.

No, I didn't express an opinion. I said and I quote... Are they? And then I made a joke about the Templar's suing them back. It was meant to be funny, scroll up and see for yourself. If you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to (by "you" i mean the general public, not you in particular). But do not say I am doing something I am not.

Is saying it was rude for the TST to file suite againt Sabrina's producers for using thier copyrighted sculpture not an opinion?

Is suggesting that the Templar's could sue them back for thier use of Baphomet not suggesting that the TST stole Baphomet from them?

Baphomet is a Deity and can not be stolen. A sculpture or artistic image however can.

You don't care enough about the issue to read up on it, but that did not stop ypu from commenting about it.

I hear you, it was supposed to be a joke.

I can let it go at that, I am really not trying to pick a fight about it.

I simply feel the need to set the record straight to avoid further confusion.

Edited by Solanaceae

Hey

First of all, my saying I am getting tired of the spread of misinformation was not addressed to you or anyone in particular.

I have noticed an overall bias or misunderstanding in the general population, at least online whenever this comes up.

I quoted you and Ghost because you had made comments about the lawsuit clearly without knowing all the facts.
I was hoping to prevent the spread of misinformation for anyone who reads this thread. Therefore I did not accuse you of anything.

Is saying it was rude for the TST to file suite againt Sabrina's producers for using thier copyrighted sculpture not an opinion?
Is suggesting that the Templar's could sue them back for thier use of Baphomet not suggesting that the TST stole Baphomet from them?
Baphomet is a Deity and can not be stolen. A sculpture or artistic image however can.

You don't care enough about the issue to read up on it, but that did not stop ypu from commenting about it.

I hear you, it was supposed to be a joke.
I can let it go at that, I am really not trying to pick a fight about it.
I simply feel the need to set the record straight to avoid further confusion.

Hey Sol, you're right about what I said for sure, was straight ignorance on my part, im not aware of the full picture and all......my apologies, meant no disrespect to you or your TST family..

• 3 weeks later...

I watched it.  Nothing spectacular compared to the last episode, but still overall something i will definetly continue to watch.  I cant wait till harvey becomes a witch hunter and they are pitted against eachonther lol

• 3 months later...

The second season is out. Is anyone else as sad as me and binge watched the whole thing yet?

My wife has. Not my cup of tea but that's ok

• 4 weeks later...

It's ok. I liked the campy tv show better. I love the aunt in both versions. I kinda hate there are dark Satanic witches and then there is the good Wiccan witches. But the Wicca thing can get frustration cause it's popular and out there.