7 replies to this topic

#1 WaterChildOfGaea

WaterChildOfGaea

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:55 AM

Can anyone please recommend some home/herbal remedy to help restore mental balance and discipline?

I have diagnoses of Bipolar and PTSD.

Thank you in advance

#2 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

Holy basil has been helping me to gain clarity & thus reduce anxiety. It's subtle. Holy basil isn't the same plant as common cooking basil. It is used mostly to decalcify the pineal gland. I also stopped drinking the city fluoridated tap water unless its been purified 24-36 hours using shungite stones to take the "stink" out. Shungite is a natural water purifying shale rock, very high in carbon, with amazing health benefits since the body is carbon based. I just keep 2 water pitchers with rocks in the fridge & rotate them. I use purified water for things like ice tea, homemade soup & cooking absorbent things like rice & noodles. I get both H.Basil & Shungite off amazon. There is also shungitestore.com website for price comparison.

I feel I've had excellent return on investment by using only shungite purified H2O for cooking & drinking. At one time I'd been on 14 different prescriptions. One day I just said enough damnit. It took 2 years but I'm down to 5 prescriptions & beat everything but the diabetes & old age. Im 65. Give me a break. :)

#3 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

What Zombee said is her own experience, knowing her own body and what meds she is/was taking.

As a Master Herbalist, I will tell you that there is no way I would recommend anything herbal without knowing you and having a complete workup. Despite current perceptions, herbs are drugs and can have unexpected, even adverse reactions on individuals, especially those taking synthetic drugs. If you choose to take herbs to help your condition(s), please do your own, extensive research!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#4 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:20 PM

Guess I shudda mentioned that the HB had been suggested by an herbalist. The shungite water purification is my own idea. It's very true that what works for one person may not for another. My standard MD has complimented my efforts.

#5 WaterChildOfGaea

WaterChildOfGaea

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:14 PM

I have extensive knowledge of western medicine and was researching the herb Zombee mentioned in relation to my western pills (Quetiapine, Mirtazipine & Propranalol)

It's getting late now though here in Britain so will look into it further tomorrow.

Rest well, Ladies. :)

#6 Lapetus

Lapetus

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:23 AM

I would recommend Valerian Root.  I grow it and make tinctures and teas from the roots, however, you can buy it in capsule form too.

#7 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:31 AM

Water Child of Gaia I will start by saying i'm NOT a formally qualified herbalist or MD, but I will list some herbs you may wish to investigate below after this warning:

If you are taking pharmaceutical medication DO be VERY careful about drug/herb interactions, things like serotonin syndrome (among others) are bad on a sliding scale from very unpleasant to fatal.

Caveat given . . .

For mood stability:

Albizzia Jubilans extract - Positive mood

HTP-5 from griffonia simplicifolia- I use 120mg daily. This eliminated my social anxiety and insomnia completely within a couple of weeks of use.

Sedatives:

Scullcap

catnip (fairly safe)

Valerian (as mentioned) is a strong sedative and dangerous in larger doses.

Chamomile and Lavender are sedative in small doses, but some people experience stimulant effects in larger quantities

Hopps

Adaptogenic

Lemon balm (also a mild MAOI so be very careful with interactions)

Withania somnifera

Ginseng

Rhodiola rosea (Arctic root)

Schisandra chinensis

Edited by FrozenThunderbolt, 15 January 2019 - 12:32 AM.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#8 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:56 AM

I know that you are asking for herbals, which although I dabble in, I don't know enough about to make recommendation (besides lavender, but that's pretty common knowledge). But, if you are interested in crystals also, I highly recommend Lepidolite. It is a form of mica that contains lithium. Since I harvested some myself (I began prospecting this year!), I have found that it indeed helps a lot with emotional stabilization, helping to mitigate anxiety and stress, especially during times of transition. I was amazed during the first few weeks of my use of it and now I rarely go anywhere without it.