Sign in to follow this  

I've registered to complete a degree with Open Uni and submitted all neccesary forms to start my first 60 credit module in October followed by two 30 credit modules in February.

Who else is going back to school? 

=)

I've been there and back again enough to satisfy me, but congrats on getting through the paperwork portion. What area(s) of study are you interested in?

I've previously done 2 years of Medical Sciences but I got bored fast, theres not much new to learn in that field.

I've signed for a new degree, in BSc Natural Sciences with a focus on Astronomy and Planetary Sciences. 

I quite fancy myself an astrophysicist one day.

What did you study? :)

Very cool. The cosmos fascinates me...not quite in the same way as early human and pre-human life, but it's a close second. I attended college separately a couple of times. My first time in, I got a BSc in Conservation Biology with a minor in Linguistics. Second time in, I got a BA in TESL with a minor in Chinese. I considered going back to get the major in Chinese requirements out of the way, but...they have enough of my money as is.

Haha, it's money I don't have allocated for more education, is the thing. I'm not one to cling, but more avoidable debt isn't something I want to partake of. I've absolutely been enjoying post-school life anyway, and the other day my old neighbor told me about an opportunity to go spent three months in China helping schoolchildren learn English. I'd probably learn more doing that than taking a whole year's worth in an American classroom!

Not sure yet! I have a lot going on right now, and it will be a while still before I'll be able to uproot and go overseas for months. Currently, me and mine still rely on the 9 to 5 that I work, but I'll be working towards getting out from under that. I'd absolutely love to spend more time abroad in Asia, and if their government will support me in exchange for teaching kids my own language, its all the sweeter.

Hey! Astrophysics sounds like an interesting passion to follow. I like ideas of the universe being made up of cellular automata. Finishing my undergrad in Psychology (Arts). Applying to counseling and clinical programs this Fall, I'm too thrilled. I love school, haha!

Not sure yet! I have a lot going on right now, and it will be a while still before I'll be able to uproot and go overseas for months. Currently, me and mine still rely on the 9 to 5 that I work, but I'll be working towards getting out from under that. I'd absolutely love to spend more time abroad in Asia, and if their government will support me in exchange for teaching kids my own language, its all the sweeter.

That's fair enough, it'll always be an option when you're in a better position to take it :)

Hey! Astrophysics sounds like an interesting passion to follow. I like ideas of the universe being made up of cellular automata. Finishing my undergrad in Psychology (Arts). Applying to counseling and clinical programs this Fall, I'm too thrilled. I love school, haha!

I just love knowing stuffff lol!

Sign in to follow this