• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 PapaGheny

PapaGheny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:39 PM

Its good to hear from you and how things are looking by the lake Nature Mama. Like you said lets hope I doesn't get to crazy while things coming around.

We're still getting wintery nights here, but its melting off in the morning for bright sunny days. The crows have been flocking a week or more, and now robins and red winged black birds are joining them. Yesterday I noticed one or two daffodil trying for it to. They aren't looking so hot, but still have some green. I also noticed some tiny buds starting on the lilac. We don't really expect to see any of that for another month or so.

I figure what we should see here if this is early spring is that after the next week or so the snow should be isolated events. Then hard frost should become less frequent for about two weeks. Then around the last week or two of April we should be left with thawed ground and just watching for a stray killing frost. Agriculturally speaking that would put us about a month early. Guess we will see.

Something else I'm curiously looking for are significant spells of drought this summer. Last year as I said was terribly wet. Winter gave significant snow, but a rather shallow frost line and uncharacteristic surface ice. Seems to me that could add up to winter not providing as much ground water as we expect. While making a wet year in the foot hills. I figure it will be up to if the rain can make up the difference. I'll be interested in seeing if it does and maybe should take a look at my irrigation.

Now those are some good thoughts and points to bring to light about the deer. First to the deer in your yard. Yep, I figure your little deer could be still small from last year, maybe a late birth. Also, could be an early birth if it was small enough. If early it was apparently viable. Meaning to say the doe was able to get the nourishment to grow and feed it. Meaning more vegetation through the winter, or more food stored from fall. I figure in your shoes I might be looking more at them grouping up. That's not strange on the face of it, but if you haven't seen it in your yard before than its new. To me new and odd behavior or events is a great place to be looking for significance, or at least to ask why now.

That sort of leads into what you said about uncharacteristic breeding habits. I think you had great thoughts and perspective there. I really had to read it a few times and mill it around to respond in a way I hope is reasonable. So let me be clear that I'm trying to add a perspective to your statement not disparage it in and way.

I find the perspective of your statement very scientific, in its assessment of cause and effect. In science at least for the most part we have to look at previous or seemingly current events as the guiding factor of behavior. That's one of the things that makes it so useful. So it tells us things like the weather patterns an animal is in or was in have determined how it is behaving now. I don't think we should find ourselves at odds with that as a rule. After all we are all operating in and looking at the same world.

However, when we start adding witchcraft, mysticism, divination, and what have you, to this it starts to broaden things. We can start to look at say the energy in an area, spiritual activity, individual thoughts of an animal, or even the relationship between say the night sky as factors. While they must be absent from a scientific analysis. For instance we might say we have intimate knowledge of the way one dog thinks compared to another. Could be a more relevant example to say sometimes the deer are proactive because of what they know or think is going to happen. The scientific approach must ignore these things because they're not available to any given observer. It also means we can look closer at outliers and odd behavior. While science needs to stick to the typical and expected.

With that in mind the question about the off season births in deer might be. Is it do to the stresses they have been under or preparation for whats to come? At the moment I would have to say one way or the other could be true, or even a mix. I hope through observation or gaining an intimate knowledge of the animal we may find out. Although that stays second for me to, what does it mean is going to happen? I figure they're entitled to their secrets. I'm more interested in what they are telling me.

Okay rereading that I think I may have been over explaining myself. So, let me say I was just trying to be clear, not schooling anyone. If anything that was the other way round. I think my perspective may've been straying to far the there way. I appreciate you helping to level it a bit.

#42 NatureMama

NatureMama

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:30 AM

PapaGheny I don't think you over explained at all. And I agree with what you are saying. I always enjoy your writing and respect your experience and knowledge. 

As you said there is more than just the physical material side of our reality to take into consideration. The spiritual side is important as well.  I have been learning how to incorporate more spiritual awareness into my daily life and personal experience of the world, and my connection and understanding has been developing well. However I admit I had not considered how important developing a more expanded awareness is. 

Reflecting on past experiences I've had, each time I've clearly received a message through the weather, nature or animals they have been very personal.  Looking for meaning in a broader sense is something I hadn't thought of but it's very intriguing and I can see the importance.

You've given me a different perspective and I'm looking forward to being open to it and exploring it further. 

One thing I can say though is that I've been having a very deep "knowing" sense of big coming change ( in a broad sense, not just personal level) and the need to prepare for it. I don't know what is coming, just what the next steps I personally need to do to prepare.

#43 PapaGheny

PapaGheny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:41 AM

Thank you for your kindness there Nature Mama.

I'm glad to hear thing are coming along well for you.

Personally I find those direct messages can be sort of refreshing. Its nice to interpret things with the confidence of personal relevance. Things can often feel cleaner and more clear to me in those terms. I figure these types things also more commonly come to us on a spiritual level than not. However our traditions have grown us to acknowledge it. Be it a chat with Great-grandma’s ghost or by the pricking of our thumbs.

I don't know if the rest of you run into this, but when a prediction is personal I find it easy to forget it could effect others. So I find when we pull those threads or think of ourselves more universally or in a communal sense, we find they can be just as relevant to those around us. We might feel/know hard times are coming for us from the weather. Then it maybe a time to hint to a neighbor to put up some extra food. I tend to think its uncommon for the weather to effect me that way and not someone a quarter mile off.

As for knowing change is coming in a broader sense. Even if I don't know where its going, I find these types of predictions strangely optimistic. Things are always changing in small or major ways. That's weather even if its not wind and rain. I figure if I know how to prepare for it than I'll know how to grow to live with it. The ways to prepare can also lend clues or impressions to anticipate whats to come. But I figure that's not always important. Just knowing a change is coming is reminding or warning me to allow myself to grow with the changing world and passing of time.

Of course that's just how I've looked at things, I think where familiar to what you are talking about there. But I hope it might be useful to you.

#44 NatureMama

NatureMama

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:18 PM

Excellent points PapaGheny!

I don't know if the rest of you run into this, but when a prediction is personal I find it easy to forget it could effect others. So I find when we pull those threads or think of ourselves more universally or in a communal sense, we find they can be just as relevant to those around us. We might feel/know hard times are coming for us from the weather. Then it maybe a time to hint to a neighbor to put up some extra food. I tend to think its uncommon for the weather to effect me that way and not someone a quarter mile off.

This is so true. I often don't think past my immediate family, not because I don't care about other people or my community but because I am not use to having any effect or influence in my community or with my neighbors. I often feel like an island in a sea of "others" which is not community minded at all. This is something that has been brought to my attention multiple times, and now once again ;) , and I have been working on to remedy. I am seeking ways to become more community involved and find ways to be of better service to others, even if it's sometimes just as you mentioned, just hinting to someone about something. 

It's an interesting topic. Thinking about it I think at least for me, and maybe some other people, the habit of keeping my practice secret or just very private tends to keep me in that mindset so that when I receive personal revelations or messages I tend to take them to heart and it doesn't usually go further than that. That's something I can be more aware of.

As for knowing change is coming in a broader sense. Even if I don't know where its going, I find these types of predictions strangely optimistic. Things are always changing in small or major ways. That's weather even if its not wind and rain. I figure if I know how to prepare for it than I'll know how to grow to live with it. The ways to prepare can also lend clues or impressions to anticipate whats to come. But I figure that's not always important. Just knowing a change is coming is reminding or warning me to allow myself to grow with the changing world and passing of time.

Very well said!  And I think it highlights an important point - allowing ourselves to grow with change.  Personally I think that's the main purpose of change, the growth it encourages and it certainly doesn't do me any good resisting it or fearing it. Learning to be aware and receive the messages, and then to trust the process and allow it to unfold puts me in the right state of being to continue to be open to guidance and help along the way. 

#45 NatureMama

NatureMama

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

It's still a rather cold and dreary Spring so far but  it seems Spring truly is here in my area. Today was dark and had a cool wind but it got up to 68 F, a Dandelion was bloomed in the yard, my Daffodils have their heads on them, I saw 2 Wooly Bears out and about, a mosquito tried to bite me, and the Peeper frogs are out in force. All the Turkey Vultures that live near my house seem to be back roosting in their two usual trees too.

#46 PapaGheny

PapaGheny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:33 AM

We are seeing purple dead nettle and buds on all the trees and bushes. Frogs and wasps have been every where to. I'm hoping the dandelion bloom makes it this year. Last year a late hit sent them to seed in a day or two.

I tend to think its often a good thing for a witch to interact with the community in some way. Going to the topic there are worse ways than weather prediction to start. I know around here every store has folk in line buying seed or thinking about their yard. Everyone's trying to decide what they think it will do and talking about it. I find that's a good way to throw forecasts out there without any pressure or going into were they came from. It can also draw feed back of how others in the area make their predictions.

I also don't think it has to come into it that someone is a witch. Often how we go about things is best left to others assumptions. So its just a case of careful wording.