I might have posted a photo of my cat Onyx before, he is a Black Smoke, domestic long hair.  He likes to sleep curled around my head like a turban.

• Upvote 2

post-4630-0-31795800-1583875046_thumb.jpg

A couple more Oracle of Payne cards to add to my deck.

• Upvote 1

You are incredibly talented! They are all gorgeous... and I especially like the Northern Lights. Well done!

• Upvote 1

Thanks JennAdelek,  I see by your profile that you are an Artist as well.  I would love you see some of your Acrylics.  When you get a moment...

• Upvote 2

I might have posted a photo of my cat Onyx before, he is a Black Smoke, domestic long hair.  He likes to sleep curled around my head like a turban.

It was your eyes.

Thanks JennAdelek,  I see by your profile that you are an Artist as well.  I would love you see some of your Acrylics.  When you get a moment...

I'll have to post a piece of two... just as soon as I learn how to do that on this forum. ;)

I'll have to post a piece of two... just as soon as I learn how to do that on this forum. ;)

Ok... let's see if I did this right...

• Upvote 1

Weird!  I lost my post.  Thanks for showing us your pictures.  I love your Eternal Moment and your abstract Kittie!   

• Upvote 3

Weird!  I lost my post.  Thanks for showing us your pictures.  I love your Eternal Moment and your abstract Kittie!   

I found your post on the album itself. Thanks so much!!!! :)

Credit where credit is due.  Your welcome!

• Upvote 2

post-4630-0-40743400-1585420098_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-53454600-1585420147_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-98493700-1585420196_thumb.jpg

The first paintigs is acrylic on canvas, featuring the Ouroboros and my hand print.  It is symbolic to me.

The 2nd  picture is of four extra cards for my Oracle of Payne deck.

The 3rd is of Mulberry paper cut for sigils.

• Upvote 2

Here are a couple of new paintings for your amusement!  The first paintings is of a scene that I witnessed and it is painted from memory of a herd of Caribou running across a frozen lake on the top of the Kootenay Pass.

The second painting is one I did some time ago, I did the sketch while on a fishing trip on the Kootenay Lake at a place called the Ink Spots.  You can catch huge Rainbow Trout there.  I call this one "Bones of my Mother"

post-4630-0-71941100-1587574588_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-30077900-1587574626_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lovely!!! Watercolor? You exhibit great skill with that medium. The water in "Bones of my Mother" is especially evocative.

Thank you Phantasmagoria!  Yes, they are both watercolor paintings.  I use either watercolors or acrylics.  Both are water soluble and do not smell strong.  Plus easy to clean up from.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Sagefire!  I have a drawer full of unseen art, some good, some not!

I love your running Caribou. Also you have a great gift for water. 

Stunning. Absolutely incredible work Onyx. I've taken up drawing lately, I find it more "me" than spending all day at a computer. 

Hi Georgina!  You can really enter a different reality when you are creating art.  Time stops, thought stops, it is almost like automatic writting, a higher brain takes over.

Before you ask, I don't do automatic writting.

Have you ever blindfolded yourself, put on some music and just put pencil to paper?  You just move the pencil around instinctively and don't lift it until the music ends.  We did this exercise in one of my high school art classes.  The results can be surprising.

22 hours ago, Sagefire said:

Have you ever blindfolded yourself, put on some music and just put pencil to paper?  You just move the pencil around instinctively and don't lift it until the music ends.  We did this exercise in one of my high school art classes.  The results can be surprising.

No I hav'ent, but I think it might be something to try.  Classical music might do the trick!

I've tried all sorts of music.  My granddaughter likes to use classic rock.  Good girl!

I love the Eclipse of the Sun with Solar Flares. You've certainly inspired me, must get out my easel and start painting again. I recently moved to a place by the sea.....my favourite subject!

Loving the Northern lights pictures too. You seem to have put an incredible amount of energy put into them. You can feel it x

Thanks AAF9, I did a series of small acrylic eclipse paintings, most of which my oldest Son now has.  Several Solar Flare ones and of course Moon eclipses in different stages.  they were a lot of fun to do.  They also have gold leafing on them.  It gives them another dimension.

I must confess that the Northern Lights picture was one of the first paintings I did.  In fact I seem to think my earliest efforts are actually my best.