Sign in to follow this  
Onyx

The Art of Onyx

I really like these. The cards pop with the color. :) It makes me want to restart the work I was doing a few years ago on a tarot deck. I was at the time attempting to create a Vampirella themed deck. I designed the backs and frame of the cards and was working on Digitally editing the images from the comics into the different cards. I only have the original drawing I did of the back and borders now though due to a computer dying. :(

I would love to see what you started if you can find them, I have never worked digitally, it sounds like you had a great idea.

• Upvote 2

These are fabulous Onyx! 

Thanks WitchVillage!

• Upvote 2

I really like these. The cards pop with the color. :) It makes me want to restart the work I was doing a few years ago on a tarot deck. I was at the time attempting to create a Vampirella themed deck. I designed the backs and frame of the cards and was working on Digitally editing the images from the comics into the different cards. I only have the original drawing I did of the back and borders now though due to a computer dying. :(

I would love to see what you started if you can find them, I have never worked digitally, it sounds like you had a great idea.

I will look for them when I have a day off from work. I miss my creativity. It felt like it was smothered for a while and is starting to wake back up. :)

Winter is a great time to get out your art supplies!  Get some color in your life!

• Upvote 2

I have to think of a new project, I'm just doing little dribbles of art.  I probably should start with an Art Room clean out.  I could find something that would trigger an idea.

• Upvote 2

The depth of winter is when I am inspired to try new media and techniques.  This year finds me revisiting a hobby from my teens,,,

• Upvote 2

Dungeons and Dragons fantasy miniatures.  I would paint them and build worlds for them.  Back then they were metal.  Now they are plastic and more affordable.

• Upvote 3

Do you make living magickal art Onyx? I create Witching Mandalas (meaning: "manda" = spirit / "la" = vessel) for longer term goals that sigils may not have the endurance or "torque" power for. Initially I would create, then feed and enchant (candles, song, incense) the Mandala for a whole lunar cycle to get it established. If I feel the purpose is complete after that time, I might release/liberate its spirit to the fire. Or if its purpose is something much longer term, I'd put it away to rest, then bring out and enchant and activate when I want to stir it from hibernation and aid me in my ongoing aims.

PS: I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if I'm going over old ground.

Edited by WitchVillage
  • Upvote 2

Do you make living magickal art Onyx? I create Witching Mandalas (meaning: "manda" = spirit / "la" = vessel) for longer term goals that sigils may not have the endurance or "torque" power for. Initially I would create, then feed and enchant (candles, song, incense) the Mandala for a whole lunar cycle to get it established. If I feel the purpose is complete after that time, I might release/liberate its spirit to the fire. Or if its purpose is something much longer term, I'd put it away to rest, then bring out and enchant and activate when I want to stir it from hibernation and aid me in my ongoing aims.

I would say No to the living magickal art!  In the sense you are meaning.  I do create magickal art in the way of illustrating my Grimoire and in my spell crafting  But nothing like a mandala.

• Upvote 3

I find that when I try to focus on my art as income potential, my inspiration dries up.  I think it's because I feel as though I am creating for approval rather than the joy of it.  The exceptions are my wands and runes sets.  These are custom works that allow me to show off my monkey tool using skills a little.

• Upvote 2

I do understand very well what you mean, Sagefire.

• Upvote 2

I find that when I try to focus on my art as income potential, my inspiration dries up.  I think it's because I feel as though I am creating for approval rather than the joy of it.  The exceptions are my wands and runes sets.  These are custom works that allow me to show off my monkey tool using skills a little.

My wands are always made for me, I have not tried to sell them, I have not used all, just a couple, my Raven Wand is mine and has been used.  My mine, I mean I have claimed it and it declared itself to me.  We agree.

It hardly ever works to create for someone else's approval.  Unless it is a commission and there is a set subject for you to complete.   I think you should always try to please yourself first, I think if I am happy and proud of my work it will show itself to the other person.  That being said, there are some people that like everything you make but are cheap and will not buy anything anyway.  

• Upvote 3

Right, Onyx, always please yourself first.

I'm sure your protective eye is really protecting my home. Thank you. And your paintings are drop dead gorgeous, I love them. They are on my book shelf now, but I will find a decent frame and place for them. You are a real artist.

I'm not envious. Just adore your work.

• Upvote 2

Thank you Mona and Unmasked for your kind words.

I am still doing the little paintings, a habit is hard to stop once you have made one,  I put away last years work and have started on February's offerings.  I will post new pictures as I take them.

Thanks for the encouragement!

• Upvote 3

As promised, here are January and some of February's continuation of the tiny pictures, enjoy!  The first photo is of a collection of four leafed clovers that I found when cleaning out my art Room.  and a picture of my kittie Onyx.

post-4630-0-36271400-1581887388_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-49903800-1581887507_thumb.jpg  

post-4630-0-02528500-1581887591_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-82265500-1581887635_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-61437800-1581887709_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-92601900-1581887764_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-00745500-1581887804_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

As promised, here are January and some of February's continuation of the tiny pictures, enjoy!  The first photo is of a collection of four leafed clovers that I found when cleaning out my art Room.

post-4630-0-36271400-1581887388_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-49903800-1581887507_thumb.jpg  

This is Onyx

post-4630-0-02528500-1581887591_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-82265500-1581887635_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-61437800-1581887709_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-92601900-1581887764_thumb.jpgpost-4630-0-00745500-1581887804_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Do you have any photos of your Mandalas?  I am familiar with Indian and Tibetan Mandalas.  I would love to see some of your work.

• Upvote 2

I've got one one working for a long term project for me now (so I'll keep that private for the time being).

When I feel they've completed their "service" so to speak I have a habit of releasing them (usually in a sabbat fire)  and for whatever reason (not intentional) I don't tend to photo them. 

I'll make up a couple of examples and do a post on it maybe? x

Do you have any photos of your Mandalas?  I am familiar with Indian and Tibetan Mandalas.  I would love to see some of your work.

• Upvote 2

I've got one one working for a long term project for me now (so I'll keep that private for the time being).

When I feel they've completed their "service" so to speak I have a habit of releasing them (usually in a sabbat fire)  and for whatever reason (not intentional) I don't tend to photo them. 

I'll make up a couple of examples and do a post on it maybe? x

I can understand the need for privacy while you are working them, but I would love so see an example of the form.  A separate post would be a great idea.  Releasing in the fire is the way I like to do things as well.

• Upvote 2

The photo of cat...I have seen this eyes on another photo :)

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this