• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:40 AM

I love cats! So expressive. And crows too.

#42 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:04 PM

These are great!  You must continue.

#43 Mona

Mona

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:16 PM

Cats and crows :)

#44 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

Thanks Guys! I will keep on with the project.

#45 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:56 PM

Here is some end of year project stuff.Attached File  DSCF1763.JPG   93.7KB   0 downloads
I started the year with the wood nymphs so I am ending with a similar theme although the Nymphs have gained a little weight.
Attached File  DSCF1770.JPG   127.9KB   0 downloads

#46 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:23 PM

Stay tuned for next years project, as soon as I think of one.

#47 Selaara

Selaara

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

I love your art Onyx. :) I am getting back in touch with my art as well. I was very stressed for many years and it is really relaxing to get back into art. When I figure out how to ad pictures I'll post some of my rock paintings. I have been painting the same image on lots of tiny stones, the moon over a forested lake with a shooting star. I even made the stars and moon glow with luminous paint. I called them wishing stones before I knew wishing stones were a real thing lol.

I look forward to your next art update. :)

#48 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

Glad to hear you like painting on rocks, I do that too, I use acrylic paint and varnish. Some of my rock paintings have been outside for 10 years and are still okay.
My husband used to work at a business that mined Quartzite slabs of rock. I was allowed to have all the rock I wanted as long as I could lift it. I did end up with a slab that weighed about 50 lbs. I painted a Bison on it. You might have seen the photo. Most of my painting on rock is of Wildlife. A fun and fairy easy subject to paint are prehistoric animals, running horses, Bulls, etc, have a look at pictures of cave paintings in Lascaux France. They will inspire you.

#49 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:19 AM

Attached File  DSCF1800 (1).JPG   79.58KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1803 (1).JPG   91.06KB   0 downloads

Post 666!  I just did a few more oracle cards for my Mildred Deck, these new ones are of my own design.

#50 Selaara

Selaara

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:10 AM

DSCF1800 (1).JPG DSCF1803 (1).JPG
Post 666! I just did a few more oracle cards for my Mildred Deck, these new ones are of my own design.

I really like these. The cards pop with the color. :) It makes me want to restart the work I was doing a few years ago on a tarot deck. I was at the time attempting to create a Vampirella themed deck. I designed the backs and frame of the cards and was working on Digitally editing the images from the comics into the different cards. I only have the original drawing I did of the back and borders now though due to a computer dying. :(

If I can find them I'll try to upload a pic. :)

#51 WitchVillage

WitchVillage

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:19 AM

These are fabulous Onyx! 

Heaven above, Heaven below
Stars above, stars below
All that is over, under shall show
Happy thou who the riddle readest

#52 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

I really like these. The cards pop with the color. :) It makes me want to restart the work I was doing a few years ago on a tarot deck. I was at the time attempting to create a Vampirella themed deck. I designed the backs and frame of the cards and was working on Digitally editing the images from the comics into the different cards. I only have the original drawing I did of the back and borders now though due to a computer dying. :(
I would love to see what you started if you can find them, I have never worked digitally, it sounds like you had a great idea.

#53 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

These are fabulous Onyx! 

Thanks WitchVillage!

#54 Selaara

Selaara

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:24 AM

I would love to see what you started if you can find them, I have never worked digitally, it sounds like you had a great idea.

I will look for them when I have a day off from work. I miss my creativity. It felt like it was smothered for a while and is starting to wake back up. :)

#55 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:25 PM

Winter is a great time to get out your art supplies!  Get some color in your life!

#56 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:12 PM

Winter is a very prolific time for me as well.

#57 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

I have to think of a new project, I'm just doing little dribbles of art.  I probably should start with an Art Room clean out.  I could find something that would trigger an idea.

#58 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:58 PM

The depth of winter is when I am inspired to try new media and techniques.  This year finds me revisiting a hobby from my teens,,,

#59 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:59 PM

Model Airplanes?

#60 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Dungeons and Dragons fantasy miniatures.  I would paint them and build worlds for them.  Back then they were metal.  Now they are plastic and more affordable.