8 replies to this topic

#1 ThreeCircleTarot

ThreeCircleTarot

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:18 AM

So I'm doing a bit of thinking on the topic of repercussions to divination. I recently did a reading for a stranger, just one innocuous question regarding their love life. Thought I'd pull some cards and let them stew over the evening so I did the reading, packed up my things, and left to go to my SO's place. Immediately threw up in the cab over there. Theories I'm contemplating:

- I ate a crappy breakfast and need to take better care of myself when practicing divination

- something about opening myself up to a reading and then packing up and leaving it caused a negative reaction

- I opened myself up to a 'spirit realm' of sorts and attracted a negative entity

- the querent was in far more distress than I gave them credit and I received an empathic download

- divination is the devil's work  :evillaugh: 

What do you think about such an experience? Have you ever had any negative reactions to divination?

#2 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

I think it would help to look at a wider field of info. The questions I'd be asking myself would be along these lines:

How were you physically feeling before eating & before the reading?

You'd opened yourself for a reading & did you close & ground afterwards?

Do you use your own intuitive skills for divination? Or are you working mediumistic-ally with a spirit guide?

When you open and extend your spidey-senses are you following threads of the web to take you to the target? Or scatter shot? I'm thinking of party-line vs private line bcs if you're reading for a living person you would open to their frequency alone, so how would you be open to a non-designated spirit? Do you need to adjust your procedure?

What is a negative entity? What does your research tell you, realistically? Why do you consider even briefly that a negative entity could possess you? Look for weaknesses in your shield procedures. And what are the actual, true signs of possession? And do you consistently display all, not just one, of the valid signs?

Edited by Zombee, 10 June 2018 - 02:34 PM.

#3 ThreeCircleTarot

ThreeCircleTarot

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

Thank you for the useful line of questioning.

Before eating I felt hungry as usual, and before the reading I felt fine. However I hadn't had lunch (normal for me) and did the reading before dinner, so I was probably less grounded to begin the reading with. I see this as a potential warning sign, perhaps food before a reading would help me?

I intentionally left my foot in the door, actually, not fully closing myself off when leaving the reading. I thought I'd let it simmer in the background, as it were. Leaving my safe spot and going out onto the street to catch the cab while holding onto a thread of the web... leaving myself open to messages perhaps opened me to other information I picked up while on the street/in the cab. I've worked for years on my empathic shield/filter, being open and receptive while out in public was probably a dumb idea because a) I'm not used to that sort of overload of information now and b )  I know better than that.

I use intuition as well with working with spirit guides.

In terms of your next question, I very much agree with the idea of following the web to take me to the target, however it was a bit of a scatter shot as well as I only got a line of text (the reading was done online). Also I'm not sure what you mean by non-designated spirit? Do you mean the spirit guides I work with? They're always with me at least in the background. I don't really need to do anything fancy to call them (unless I'm feeling fancy, haha).

In terms of negative entities... It was brought up by another person when I mentioned my situation so I thought I'd see what those here thought. At the end of the day I was in a safe place with my guides. It's true I'm due for a clean and usually reset my protective measures after cleaning, so this will do me good (my plan is to scrub the place tomorrow). I have faith that my protective measures work even with some clutter around the place, but it will be good to reconnect with protective magick when I've been focusing on other endeavours for the past month. In terms of possession I don't know a lot on the topic beyond what Hollywood has taught me... What are true signs of possession?

Edited by ThreeCircleTarot, 10 June 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#4 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:28 PM

I agree with Zombee in regards to looking wider and assessing your grounding and shielding practices.

The OP did put forth the idea she may have 'attracted' a negative entity. That does not mean 'possession', to me. 

It could also mean an attachment or even just a pest or parasite that found an in. 

However, even that is not very likely unless your grounding, shielding or spiritual hygiene are lacking

or the person you did the reading for is really in a bad way spiritually. Even then, if everything else was in order, you would have likely picked up on that right away.

Zombee touched on this as well, but if you do think it is an entity interference, you may want to review what exactly you are tapped into when you do a reading. 

Personally, I would not feel good about drawing a reading and leaving it out till later.

I can't say that is what caused your reaction, but I do know that my main cards would not appreciate that and that they would let me know about it too.

It kind of does feel like opening something up, and then not taking the time to close it properly, IMO.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#5 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

Tarot was one of my first baby steps onto this path, years ago. Before I learned to ground properly and not use all my own energy reserves, I would feel drained and exhausted after a reading. Now I generally find it invigorating.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#6 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:29 AM

When I used the term non-designated entity I just had in mind a random, drop in spirit who was not someone you aimed for or connected with the target person.

And re: possession, I had understood that you wondered if a spirit made you upchuck. To do that I think they'd have to enter and possess the physical body in order to operate it.

When ive done trance speaking I have to get my ego out of the way to let a spirit use my voice. I always experience the sensations like a mega roller coaster plunge when I let go, but not so severe as to make me upchuck. It is joint presence bcs I'm aware of all that occurs but as if from a distance & i cannot edit what is said. I can kibbutz and converse with the spirit like a back seat driver, but I'm not behind the wheel. My guide is always with me too, what I think of as riding shot gun.

I've never had a spirit make me feel sick. Quite the opposite in fact. Once when I'd had a nasty head cold and went ahead with a session that couldnt be rescheduled, from the moment the spirit took over the cold symptoms of nasally scratchy voice & dry cough went away. The spirit explained that they didn't have a cold after all. And when I returned to myself so did the cold. So they can adjust our body.

Some signs of possession would be loss of memory for the duration of the possession & in some situations being unaware that it happened; the body does physical actions it isn't normally capable of; the personality in-residence is totally different than the personality of the owner of the body; facial expressions may be quite different than customary; voice changes or use of unknown languages. In some Caribbean religions the priest/ess being ridden by a lua spirit might be considered to be possessed.

Here's a weird experience my friends & I'd had some years ago, which was the only one of it's kind. My group of 5 friend's met for a weekend & I'd been unable to go, being home in bed with a cold & pneumonia & pretty much out of it. For some reason one of the guys in the group "tranced" & brought through a werewolf & I've been told he howled convincingly & then just collapsed, unconscious. And later he said he didn't know he was going to do it, but only that he felt strange. Uh-huh. Now I'd call that possession plus some major stupidity. Meanwhile, 70 miles away, I was dreaming I was being chased by a wolf through underground passageways. When I woke in the morning I'd had three nasty parallel scratches (think claw) across my throat & down one shoulder. It Hurt like fire too. I spoke later by phone with one of the gals in the group and when we traded stories & matched time frames... Well, I'd never been so angry with anyone in my life.

Edited by Zombee, 11 June 2018 - 05:08 AM.

#7 ThreeCircleTarot

ThreeCircleTarot

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Hmmm, given your description I don't think I attracted a negative entity or was possessed. I'm going to be mindful and ritualistic about putting my cards away to ground myself back in the present after a reading :)

#8 Circe

Circe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

Hmmm, given your description I don't think I attracted a negative entity or was possessed. I'm going to be mindful and ritualistic about putting my cards away to ground myself back in the present after a reading :)

I'm speaking on behalf of personal experience and from divination books I've read in the past, but it sounds like maybe you weren't fully "grounded" while doing the tarot work. I found out that when I first explored into tarot divination, I got distracted often and my head was in the clouds. While I highly doubt you were possessed, I think that maybe you were keeping yourself open and vulnerable for a spiritual influence to come and make you puke. Just out of curiosity, how could you tell this spirit was malign? I know throwing up in a cab isn't exactly the friendliest gesture, but things can also be interpreted differently in the spirit realm. Could be a sign or an omen. 

I'm also going to be honest, I'm naturally superstitious. Could've just been a lunch that didn't bode well with your stomach.  :D

#9 ThreeCircleTarot

ThreeCircleTarot

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:11 AM

It happened again. Me and my SO ate the same things and he's fine so we don't think it's that. I thought I'd post here to document it and continue getting thoughts. I did three readings right after one another but I did my thing and I got really into them, made sure to recenter and check in with myself after each one... Not my first time doing multiple readings either. Went to lengths to not be distracted--did the reading in an an air conditioned room, the dog was relaxed... felt good right after, especially cause I got positive feedback right away for one of them. Then came the feedback from the second one twenty minutes later while I was doing a spread for my instagram cause I felt inspired; King of Cups and Una Ursi (the latter is the Flora Oracle, this plant is corresponded with intuition in the lwb), if you're interested. The second piece of feedback I checked on after and it confirmed the theme of protection that came through from the cards. That sounds cryptic and it's partly me trying be confidential but also I wasn't given much else to go on.

I was lying down after watching some tv and the nausea came out of nowhere. Puked, then relaxed on the couch for a while, ate and am feeling better now. I'm aware that two times is not a pattern but I thought I'd update.