• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

I use a crushed aspirin and apple cider vinegar applied to a bandaid pad. I open a bandaid and fold back the sticky-shields to expose the pad. Put some drops of cider vinegar on the pad and laid the aspirin on top. Then put some more drops ontop of the aspirin. Then crushed it with a spoon right on the pad. No clean up and the aspirin sticks to the pad. Then tape it snugly over the wort so the aspirin powder doesn't escape.

For 2 weeks I've had a large wort on the back of my finger. At first id thought it was bug bite gone bad & tried aloe gel with no results and frankincense oil also with no results. The first aspirin/vinegar application overnight reduced the large red lump so it looked like a hollowed out volcanic crater. 2 nd day with fresh application closed over the crater. 3rd day fresh ap & only the below the skin lump remained. Going on day 4.

Edit: i poked a hole with a lancet in the small red spot under the skin and it bled 2 drops in the sink. Im guessing that's normal. Applied fresh aspirin/ vinegar. Day 5 - all gone.

Giving credit where it's due, my guide made the wort diagnosis and suggested the treatment. Bless him. Then I got on the Internet to make sure it was a wort - never had one before - and checked aspirin on drugs.com & also found that a main ingredient of Compound W is the same as aspirin - acetylsalicylic acid.

Edited by Zombee, 08 June 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#2 PapaGheny

PapaGheny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

I was glad to see this post Zombee. I had heard about using aspirin, but never talked to anyone that had done it. Your thorough description of the results is quite helpful.

Mostly I've made up fresh crushed garlic, ground cloves, and vinegar poultices. Its had about the same healing stages you've described, but my notes show 5 to 10 day results. I may look at moving to the aspirin or including it in the cloves.

I was wandering if anyone here ever used any of the old potato spells for worts? I used it once on someone else and my daughter must have used it 3 or 4 times as a kid. It seems to have good results if the person with the wort is willing and patient enough.