• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:42 AM

I thought of this thread today. I was at the bookstore earlier and on a whim picked up this odd little pack of playing/oracle cards. I decided to give it a toss and did a three card draw asking it how my upcoming trip to my family is going to go. I got: two jokers and the wine card.  I'm thinking this deck and I will get along just fine. 

Edited by Duchess, 24 April 2018 - 03:50 AM.

#22 UnMasked1467

UnMasked1467

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

The RJW deck is definitely the most well-known, but for me personally, being able to establish a connection with it every time has been touch and go. I once had the great fortune to handle a Greenwood tarot deck (the original, not the new one), and I really, really connected with that deck. Seriously, messages were practically pouring out of my ears. When I tried using the Visconti-Sforza deck, I definitely got more ominous, bitchy, and sinister responses. Let's just say I didn't think that was a particularly nice deck. I would LOVE to get my hands on an original Greenwood deck-- too bad the asking prices on Amazon and eBay start in the hundreds lol... I can dream

#23 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

There is a cute little Oracle Deck by Deviant Art called The Mildred Payne miniature Oracle. Creepy back story to Mildred too. Apparently Mildred was sent to an Asylum for speaking to ghosts and imaginary friends.
After Mildred died, a night dress for hers was found with a secret pocket sewn in. In the pocket was found a deck of handmade cards. A couple of my friends and I have set out to make ourselves a deck. I know copyright infringement, etc, but were not going to sell them.
Anyway there are 67 cards, so really I would'nt recommend it. I have'nt finished the toning of the card edges. but here is an idea of what they look like.
Attached File  DSCF1515.JPG   73.17KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1516.JPG   68.88KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1517.JPG   72.14KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1518.JPG   68.13KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1521.JPG   66.85KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1522.JPG   73.65KB   0 downloads

#24 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:03 PM

Thoth Deck is my main serious deck.
Zombie Tarot is a gag gift from my Son.
I'm learning the Runes so I bought the "Runes" Oracle cards.

#25 UnMasked1467

UnMasked1467

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

My grandmother had a set of runes... I should find out if she still has them or if they got misplaced when she moved. She taught me how to read them a very long time ago, although they were never my divination tool of choice, so I am very much out of practice with using them. Use it or lose it, I guess

#26 TitchyWitch

TitchyWitch

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:35 PM

My Mystic Dreamers is honest but sugar coats the answers so its more of a friend giving gentle but truthful support. My new deck - well it pulls no punches and is spot on for me and wen I pull for others; it is the Madame Endora's Fortune Cards.

#27 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

Loving all these decks. Duchess just saw that really cute deck you posted link to. How do you find them? More fun or more dark? The reviews on Amazon were interesting!

#28 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:01 PM

Onyx my friend swears by Thoth and uses nothing else. He's fascinated by how differently we use tarot. For him it's just Thoth with great ceremony for big questions. Whereas I have a few decks and ask all sorts of crap whenever the mood takes me. I think he thinks I'm a deck floozy!

#29 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:58 AM

Finally finished the "Oracle of Payne" as I call them. The deck fits in an Altoid Box, lucky for me I had one. Here are the finished product. I love them.
Attached File  DSCF1526.JPG   90.07KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1527.JPG   83.59KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Onyx, 08 August 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#30 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

Wow. Must feel like a great achievement Onyx. They look great!

#31 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

Thank you! It was like painting 67 miniature paintings and then having to paint the backs too. Now that I have done it, I don't think I would ever try it again. But I think I may add some more cards of my own design to the pack.
I may add, A Horseshoe for Luck, Anvil, Temper through fire or work, Boat, Travel or a trip. I will have to let it stew in my brain.
Thanks again for your support.

#32 UnMasked1467

UnMasked1467

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

That is really impressive Onyx, thank you for sharing :-)

#33 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

I'm happy to share.

#34 AmarillisLux

AmarillisLux

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

Thank you! It was like painting 67 miniature paintings and then having to paint the backs too. Now that I have done it, I don't think I would ever try it again. But I think I may add some more cards of my own design to the pack.
I may add, A Horseshoe for Luck, Anvil, Temper through fire or work, Boat, Travel or a trip. I will have to let it stew in my brain.
Thanks again for your support.

Thanks for sharing this, Onyx! It must be very satisfying to make your own deck! I wish I was more artistic, I would love to do something like this.. I like that you can add on more cards in the process whenever something pops up for you, making this deck a witness of your own life's developement. Cool!  :thumbsup: 

#35 Deb13b

Deb13b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

Onyx I've got the Mildred Payne Secret Pocket Oracle, I didn't expect it to be so "in your face" but it's very straight to the point lol.

#36 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:27 PM

Yes I love this little deck, It is "In your face". I also did the completer set numbered from 53 to 67 and the Red flying skull which is unnumbered.
I'm glad your enjoying your deck Deb!