• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Anyone else got a tarot deck that regularly bitch slaps you?!

I have 3 decks- one very supportive and gentle, the third really bang on target and very beautiful and spiritual.

The second deck is definitely on the saucy scale. No matter what I ask it gives me the bluntest, bitch slappiest answers. I had thrown it in a drawer but found it again last night and did a quick spread. Whooboy. Kazam! I started getting annoyed at it and thought you know what, I don't believe you. But then I asked it about a particular person and straight off drew the 7 of wands- the card I ALWAYS draw for this person.

So I'm curious if anyone else has a deck like this? A deck with serious attitude. Somewhere between mischievous, fuck you and blunt-but-truthful.

#2 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

My favorite deck (boring old school Rider-Waite) is brutally honest and straightforward. I like that.

Don't beat around the bush with metaphors, just tell me how it is.

If I ever doubt and try to redo the reading it always assures me in startling ways that yes, it meant that the first time! Lol.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#3 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

Ha! The 'startling ways thing made me laugh Sol :) It's like last night when I was sulking with it and thinking I didn't believe it - and then I drew that 7 of wands and came up short. That deck put on its shades, rested its elbow on the car window frame and flipped me the bird, then drove off into the sunset :)

#4 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Like this   B)  :fucku:  ??

:roflhard:  :roflhard:

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#5 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Ha! The 'startling ways thing made me laugh Sol :) It's like last night when I was sulking with it and thinking I didn't believe it - and then I drew that 7 of wands and came up short. That deck put on its shades, rested its elbow on the car window frame and flipped me the bird, then drove off into the sunset :)

cn4bCjv.gif

But in all seriousness, now I want to know which three decks you own! :lol:

Personally I don't have a bitch-slappin' deck (or at least, not that I've noticed) but I prefer direct and blunt anyway when I'm asking questions,  and my Universal Waite deck serves me well in that regard.

(I should say, however, that perhaps *others* find it to be bitch-slappy now that I think about it, as they have disregarded the reading  (that they asked for) and its direct message at their own peril...)

#6 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

I have the Shadowscape deck which is as lovely, gentle, and mystical as the images. My Medieval Scapini deck, the deck I’ve had since I was twelve, is the most sarcastic bitch of a deck I’ve ever come across. We get along well. It gets as close to hitting me upside the head as a deck of cards can. If I try to redraw, then it just gets pissy. “I’m sorry, did you not read what I said the first time? THIS. IS. STILL. A. BAD. IDEA.” 

#7 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Poking not recommended

• Moderators
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

Yes. It was a right ass of a deck for years - gave good readings, but man were they brutal. Then one day I read a friend with the deck and I literally felt it re-home itself to them after the reading, after years. The energy shift was sudden and I had never felt anything quite like that before. So....friend now has the deck. They get along really, really well - he totally loves the deck's snarky attitude and the deck gets to thrive off his attention. 

RSKHFMY

#8 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

I use a Rider Waite deck and while never bitch slapped it will often roll it's eyes at me, LOL. By that I mean I will be like, that can't be right. But after another draw turns out it is. 

#9 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Like this   B)  :fucku:  ??

:roflhard:  :roflhard:

Yep. exactly like that :lolol:  I was on my phone so couldn't post the smilies! :roflhard:

#10 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

Duchess the Shadowscape one is my third deck. It's so beautiful and it just wafts something spiritual / mystical. It's given me some killer readings for other people, although weirdly I haven't done much for myself yet.

IslandBruja - love that Gif :) So the first deck is a beginner's deck which is just lovely, it's so kind and never gives me more that a raised eyebrow. Third is Shadowscape. Bitch Slapper is a beautiful looking deck by Luis Royo - the Labyrinth tarot. The images are exquisite and very sexy although the cards are small and only the major arcana cards are pictorial. I just fell in love with it but I don't really connect with it in an amicable way.

RavenShaw - that's interesting about giving the deck to your friend and them hitting it off. Maybe I need to sex myself up a bit before this deck will take me seriously. It's like the cool older frenemy at the minute - half helpful and half taking the piss! ;)

I do love how different decks have such different personalities but I always return to my beginner deck for truthful TLC. I've neglected my tarot recently so might spend an hour reconnecting with my cards tonight :)

#11 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

Duchess the Shadowscape one is my third deck. It's so beautiful and it just wafts something spiritual / mystical. It's given me some killer readings for other people, although weirdly I haven't done much for myself yet.

I'm just the opposite. My Scapini deck is the one I use to read for other people (and myself), my Shadowscape deck I only use for me, for very specific questions. 

#12 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

Connected to the other thread I have about offending spirits - might try the Shadowscape for divination on that. I wouldn't dare use the bitchy deck first - it would probably take great delight in painting an absolute horror story for me! :D

#13 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:56 PM

IslandBruja - love that Gif :) So the first deck is a beginner's deck which is just lovely, it's so kind and never gives me more that a raised eyebrow. Third is Shadowscape. Bitch Slapper is a beautiful looking deck by Luis Royo - the Labyrinth tarot. The images are exquisite and very sexy although the cards are small and only the major arcana cards are pictorial. I just fell in love with it but I don't really connect with it in an amicable way.

When you say "beginner's deck" do you mean just a basic RWS deck? (I don't like calling it the "Rider Waite" deck and leaving off the Smith because after all, SHE was the one who did all of the groundbreaking art ;) )

(and come on Ravenshaw, spill - which deck was it?)

#14 citoyenne

citoyenne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

My main deck is a bitch, but my best bitch. It sometimes likes to tease me with readings about say.. pregnancy, and then the last card I pull is all like "TROLLED YOU FOR THE LOLZ"

It sometimes gets impatient with me, if I waffle too much and ask it the same thing too often, to the point it'll tell me that I'm wasting both of our time and won't read for me again, just giving gibberish, until something important comes up. It will also not give readings on things it feels I should decide on my own like a big girl.

It is very reliable in serious readings though and doesn't beat around the bush. It's like a good friend, mischievous and fun to be with in the good times, supportive when you are facing the shit of the world.

#15 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

My main deck is a bitch, but my best bitch. It sometimes likes to tease me with readings about say.. pregnancy, and then the last card I pull is all like "TROLLED YOU FOR THE LOLZ"

It sometimes gets impatient with me, if I waffle too much and ask it the same thing too often, to the point it'll tell me that I'm wasting both of our time and won't read for me again, just giving gibberish, until something important comes up. It will also not give readings on things it feels I should decide on my own like a big girl.

It is very reliable in serious readings though and doesn't beat around the bush. It's like a good friend, mischievous and fun to be with in the good times, supportive when you are facing the shit of the world.

"trolled you for the lolz" - that's hilarious, citoyenne :lol:

But I still want to know WHAT DECKS people are talking about when they share!  :cool_witch:

#16 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:49 AM

My Rune Stones are far more cantkerous than any of my decks. Like “oh hey this entire reading...you’ve got to turn it upside down to read it this week “ or “or hey, you’re not getting the damned point so I’m gonna jump off the table and break something that will trigger the answer in your head”.

Or “this is majorly significant but you won’t see what I’m talking about until it’s too late anyways ...sorry about that. “

Can’t I ever get a straight forward reading?

#17 citoyenne

citoyenne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:23 AM

"trolled you for the lolz" - that's hilarious, citoyenne :lol:

But I still want to know WHAT DECKS people are talking about when they share!  :cool_witch:

I don't really do tarot, I don't ever seem to find a tarot deck that meshes with me. Mine are a pack of playing cards, specifically a pack of jumbo playing cards that called to me from across Canadian Tire of all places (mechanic/paint/fishing/camping/etc shop for the non-familiar out there), when I was least expecting it and we hit it off like aces (lol!) Probably explains the deck's attitude but we fit :)

hmmm... what does this say about me?

#18 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

My Rune Stones are far more cantkerous than any of my decks. Like “oh hey this entire reading...you’ve got to turn it upside down to read it this week “ or “or hey, you’re not getting the damned point so I’m gonna jump off the table and break something that will trigger the answer in your head”.

Or “this is majorly significant but you won’t see what I’m talking about until it’s too late anyways ...sorry about that. “

Can’t I ever get a straight forward reading?

I don't use my ruins for divination, just spell work. I think stuff like this is why. I don't feel like I read them right either. 

I don't really do tarot, I don't ever seem to find a tarot deck that meshes with me. Mine are a pack of playing cards, specifically a pack of jumbo playing cards that called to me from across Canadian Tire of all places (mechanic/paint/fishing/camping/etc shop for the non-familiar out there), when I was least expecting it and we hit it off like aces (lol!) Probably explains the deck's attitude but we fit :)

hmmm... what does this say about me?

I always say I am going to make a deck but never do since I have good results with the one I use. Have you ever though of making a deck? 

#19 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:27 PM

I don't have any bitchy decks, yet. I have some sassy ones, though :P

I find the Thoth to have a contradictory personality. I was on the aeclectic tarot forum, and I was very intimidated by how technical and in depth it sounded. Some Thoth purists almost made it sound like you needed a phd to have any luck with it!

But, I got it. I approached it cautiously, feeling intimidated and inadequate. I was convinced I would not be able to read it at all, but wanted to start connecting with it and just give it a red hot bloody go.

And that first nervous reading was so easy. It was intuitive, clear and not confusing at all. So, the next day I read it again, thinking 'I can read the Thoth easily! It's a piece of piss.' And I could not make any sense of it, whatsoever.  And that's how my relationship with the Thoth remains. It will NOT speak to me if I go in cocky. It demands my respect and is a bit of an arsehole about it, really. Like, I have to almost think I'm useless at reading it as I approach the deck, to get a really good reading.

Edited by Tricycle, 09 April 2018 - 03:27 PM.

#20 citoyenne

citoyenne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:57 AM

I don't use my ruins for divination, just spell work. I think stuff like this is why. I don't feel like I read them right either. 

I always say I am going to make a deck but never do since I have good results with the one I use. Have you ever though of making a deck? 

I have thought about it, but the commitment! I really do like the playing card format however, we've been together for years, and may not be entirely open to a new divination system at the present.