#1 Neville

Neville

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

Hi,

So I have been reading all the info I could find on anything with the words puppet - doll - spirit baby etc and I think things are starting to become more clear to me now. 

Before embarking this path I made quite a few dolls for just anesthetic purposes and sold them. Actually wondering now if that was smart as I was clueless to what I was giving away of me really. But thats a different topic.

I have been seeing a particular Deity a few times in meditation sessions now and she has given me a name and the last time we connected she asked me to make her a doll as a means of communication. I am getting a really clear vision about how I am to make this doll.

But I just wanted to ask: is there any way of sort of double checking if its really the deity talking to me and not some trickster so to speak? I have never asked her to come or even prayed to her but she was there sort of from the start and all the energy around her feels really good. I am asking this as I have been reading so much here recently and sometimes the more I read, the less I know really. Been reading up on the Deity too as I really didnt know much in dept stuff about her.

Also: I was listening to a podcast the other day and one of the hosts said he uses a general doll for healing but adds the name and sometimes something personal of a sick person in a pocket on the doll when working for a specific person. Then when the need is gone, he removes the content of that person and the doll can be used for other healing purposes. His reasoning behind it was that the intent of the doll will get stronger every time it is been used for healing. I can really find myself in that idea but was just wondering what other ppl here think of this?

Thank you:)

#2 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

Doll Babies/Soul Dolls

this was a great thread, I will bump it as well.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#3 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

Is there some form of divination you can do to put yourself at ease it's not a trick. If you do it right the poppet should be safe. 

#4 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Intuition and discernment.

When you are new to this, your own intuition can sometimes fail you. Eagerness and excitement, hopes and fears can get in the way. 

That is why we say to know yourself, first and foremost.

I agree with Holdasown about the divination. That is always a good place to start when you are unsure. 

Also, ask yourself these questions; 

How long has the entity been in contact with you?

Has the entity ever told you something that is not true?

Has the entity given you verifiably valid information about anything you did not already know?

Have you ever felt uncomfortable or uneasy in the presence of the entity?

Do you ever feel exhausted or drained after an encounter with the entity?

Don't necessarily believe the 'good feels' either. Some entities will load you up with feelings of love and wellbeing while they are sucking you dry.

#5 Neville

Neville

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

Thank you Solanaceae and Holdasown for the replies:)

Intuition and discernment.

When you are new to this, your own intuition can sometimes fail you. Eagerness and excitement, hopes and fears can get in the way. 

That is why we say to know yourself, first and foremost.

I agree with Holdasown about the divination. That is always a good place to start when you are unsure. 

Also, ask yourself these questions; 

How long has the entity been in contact with you?

Has the entity ever told you something that is not true?

Has the entity given you verifiably valid information about anything you did not already know?

Have you ever felt uncomfortable or uneasy in the presence of the entity?

Do you ever feel exhausted or drained after an encounter with the entity?

Don't necessarily believe the 'good feels' either. Some entities will load you up with feelings of love and wellbeing while they are sucking you dry.

I have felt a bit dizzy after speaking to that entity..but figured that perhaps is how it feels when you speak to entities? When I was a teem we did loads of ouija boards and it always ended with me having a blinding headache. It got explained by an entity back then as I was getting the headache because my spirit was trying to protect everyone else at the board?? Not sure if that was true or not. Anyway that experience then made me believe that this entity is friendly so to speak but thinking now.. I dont actually know much about it or even from it? urghgh if we ever do a competition for most unknowingly witch..I am on the lead lol

What has been happening in the house since the first time this entity showed up is that we all hear voices: my daughter thinks  am shouting her whilst I wasn't, I have heard my (ex)partner talk to me, whilst he wasn't and he came running upstairs convinced I shouted him..which I didn't

Is there some form of divination you can do to put yourself at ease it's not a trick. If you do it right the poppet should be safe. 

I draw cards and meditation as means of divination but thats work in progress too still :ermm:

Edited by Neville, 26 March 2018 - 04:27 PM.

#6 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

Thank you Solanaceae and Holdasown for the replies:)

I have felt a bit dizzy after speaking to that entity..but figured that perhaps is how it feels when you speak to entities? When I was a teem we did loads of ouija boards and it always ended with me having a blinding headache. It got explained by an entity back then as I was getting the headache because my spirit was trying to protect everyone else at the board?? Not sure if that was true or not. Anyway that experience then made me believe that this entity is friendly so to speak but thinking now.. I dont actually know much about it or even from it? urghgh if we ever do a competition for most unknowingly witch..I am on the lead lol

What has been happening in the house since the first time this entity showed up is that we all hear voices: my daughter thinks  am shouting her whilst I wasn't, I have heard my (ex)partner talk to me, whilst he wasn't and he came running upstairs convinced I shouted him..which I didn't

I draw cards and meditation as means of divination but thats work in progress too still :ermm:

Do you have someone you trust to do a reading for you? 

#7 Neville

Neville

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

Do you have someone you trust to do a reading for you? 

I know someone who reads tarot but she has never read for me before. No idea if this is something she could do, but I will ask her

#8 Moly

Moly

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

Cannot help with your experience with the entity. Basically because I have a range of beliefs that cause me to be very fearless of the malice of entities. Partly I think that the spirit world has no use for something unconstructive and would just trample it down like mulch for the cycle. Partly cause I have been treated quite badly at times in my life and not really afraid of further bad treatment (I am resilient and will persist whether I really want to or not). Partly cause I don't see spirit entities as being much different from people and basic precautions aside as I would use with all people to screen out the malicious ones (intuition mentioned by others), if it bothered me I would just tell it a firm goodbye and then grey rock it. Partly cause I see myself as basically a constructive student who would learn from any entity. Partly cause I just cant imagine what entity would have to gain from harassing me, surely it must have something better to do out there in the wonderful spirit world.

Sorry none of this may be helpful, I say it not to disagree or disrespect but just in case something in what I say may be helpful. Forget it if it doesn't help! Happy to hear alternative perspectives of course

I was really interested in what you said about dolls. I saw a discussion somewhere about this saying that if you find a voodoo doll somewhere that it should be cleansed or destroyed. If I found one I would treat it like a dog from a bad home that needed some love and attention, I would put it in a nice place and talk to it and give it a new name and tell it that it's pretty. To my mind there is just a bit too much emphasis on cleansing in many witches practices. I'm distrustful of it because it seems energy-wasteful, because it seems overly sanitised and inorganic like some sort of aseptic hospital environment, and because for me at least influences will stubbornly persist in my mind and my magic and it's just easier to work with them than try to banish them... seems like more of a resolution somehow. Do you have any thoughts? I'll have to check out the thread linked upstream.

Edited by Moly, 29 March 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#9 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

Cannot help with your experience with the entity. Basically because I have a range of beliefs that cause me to be very fearless of the malice of entities. Partly I think that the spirit world has no use for something unconstructive and would just trample it down like mulch for the cycle. Partly cause I have been treated quite badly at times in my life and not really afraid of further bad treatment (I am resilient and will persist whether I really want to or not). Partly cause I don't see spirit entities as being much different from people and basic precautions aside as I would use with all people to screen out the malicious ones (intuition mentioned by others), if it bothered me I would just tell it a firm goodbye and then grey rock it. Partly cause I see myself as basically a constructive student who would learn from any entity. Partly cause I just cant imagine what entity would have to gain from harassing me, surely it must have something better to do out there in the wonderful spirit world.

Sorry none of this may be helpful, I say it not to disagree or disrespect but just in case something in what I say may be helpful. Forget it if it doesn't help! Happy to hear alternative perspectives of course

I was really interested in what you said about dolls. I saw a discussion somewhere about this saying that if you find a voodoo doll somewhere that it should be cleansed or destroyed. If I found one I would treat it like a dog from a bad home that needed some love and attention, I would put it in a nice place and talk to it and give it a new name and tell it that it's pretty. To my mind there is just a bit too much emphasis on cleansing in many witches practices. I'm distrustful of it because it seems energy-wasteful, because it seems overly sanitised and inorganic like some sort of aseptic hospital environment, and because for me at least influences will stubbornly persist in my mind and my magic and it's just easier to work with them than try to banish them... seems like more of a resolution somehow. Do you have any thoughts? I'll have to check out the thread linked upstream.

A firm goodbye IS often all that is required. However, sometimes it is not enough.

Some types of entities function very similarly to living humans, true.

Consider that a firm goodbye is not always enough to prevent humans from causing mayhem in your life, although that is often all it takes. 

I really like your approach to the 'voodoo doll' scenario, and I tend to agree with your thoughts on cleansing.

I do a lot of spirit work, and over cleansing would be counterproductive to my practice.

It does have it place mind you, and in particular, when one is new to the path can it save much hardship.

I am also almost always opposed to 'banishing' an incorporeal entity. Rare exceptions do apply.

#10 Moly

Moly

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

A firm goodbye IS often all that is required. However, sometimes it is not enough.
Some types of entities function very similarly to living humans, true.
Consider that a firm goodbye is not always enough to prevent humans from causing mayhem in your life, although that is often all it takes. 

I really like your approach to the 'voodoo doll' scenario, and I tend to agree with your thoughts on cleansing.
I do a lot of spirit work, and over cleansing would be counterproductive to my practice.
It does have it place mind you, and in particular, when one is new to the path can it save much hardship.
I am also almost always opposed to 'banishing' an incorporeal entity. Rare exceptions do apply.

Thanks for the feedback and also for adding your thoughts, agree with what you wrote.

#11 Moly

Moly

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Just a couple of other thoughts from overnight.

I have a couple of toy soldiers from childhood that I enchanted to guard me and keep any uninvited or unwanted guests at bay, or at least warn me. They have their own minds to some extent but they're loyal and they don't slack off at their job. They're grateful for their being and they guard my world well. They are also my friends now and help me in surprising ways.

I think in magic nothing is purely "good"? It may be mischievous or a trickster... doesnt mean it intends harm, that it doesn't want to teach or help, or that you won't part on good terms or whatever.

#12 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

I think in magic nothing is purely "good"? It may be mischievous or a trickster... doesnt mean it intends harm, that it doesn't want to teach or help, or that you won't part on good terms or whatever.

Agreed. And even the things that are out for themselves are often quite willing to work with you as long as they are getting something out of it. From there some surprising relationships can be formed.

#13 Neville

Neville

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

Hi
Great to read your replies! Been busy for a few days but an update on the story:
My friend came and we did some divination together: There is a female spirit around me but she us very harmless according to my friend. We actually think its my mum trying to find a way to connect with me. I feel my friend was spot on in her observation of that as the deity in question is a motherly figure and her asking for purple which is commenly not associated with this deity fits too as purple is both mums and my favorite colour.
I have been given my friends RW tarot deck which seems to have adopted me as its spot on every single time. I want to use it for trying to communicate with mum too but like said..its been so busy here and I am flying to see my dad tomorrow so wont be ay home for a while...am taking my cards with mne though!:)

I Agree with that there can be something like too much cleansing. I think an object sed for the same main intent will get more powerful after being charged and charged over again.

I do get scared and spooked easy with stories about evil energies etc but thats no worse as getting spooked by nasty evil ppl. Seen too many of them and I feel it quite strongly too if ppl are simmering anger.I was in the post office this morning queuing up and I suddenly started feeling really sickly and on edge. Which was weird but then after 15 mins of queuing this man in front of me got served and he absolutely erupted in an angerfit to the lady working there. I then realised me feeling weird shortly before was me picking up on his energy..lesson learned: more shielding in public encounters

#14 Moly

Moly

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:49 AM

You sound like a very empathic person,

Beautiful that your Mum is around you!!!! <3

#15 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

Cool I am glad the divination worked to help clarify things. It think it's kinda special she wants you to make a doll. 

#16 Neville

Neville

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

Thank you both!;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dolls, puppet