Photo
- - - - -

Solar storms reeking havoc on your lives?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

CME-coronal-mass-ejection-solar-flare-wi

https://www.elephant...arch-16th-26th/

I don't know about anyone else, but this kind of explained a few things for me.

Hit the proverbial nail right on the head in fact.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#2 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

Yea, i feel mentally Out of synch.

#3 Khundekling

Khundekling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

Fascinating, thanks Solanaceae! I've been sleeping really badly for the last few nights now and low energy during the day (due to lack of sleep I'm sure). My head is thumping as well today for some reason. **shakes fist at sun**

life is better with a biscuit

#4 Guest_Planewalker_*

Guest_Planewalker_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

I'm not trying to be contrary, but, If your sleeping at night {as opposed to swing shift etc.} you have 8,000 miles of water, rock, Iron-nickel, rock, water between you and Sol. There is a demonstrable area of shielded space while you are sleeping. The Earth leaves a shadowed area of a circle 25,000 miles in diameter and, depending on solar output and magnetic variance of the poles, out to a possible maximum of 4,500 miles. All you receive in this shadow is the background Cosmic Radiation {the stars are also unshielded nuclear reactors}, the Earth's normal background radiation {there 24/7 unless you sleep in a lead box} and neutrinos {a neutral sub-atomic particle with a mass close to zero and half integral spin} which rarely interact with normal matter. One of my students is a Doctoral Candidate of Astro-physics. We figured this out to check for energy interference with workings. {'m sorry to say you must search farther for what is giving you poor sleep..

#5 Khundekling

Khundekling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

Thanks Planewalker.. I had meant it tongue in cheek  ;)  I can have bad periods of sleep flare or no flare and no doubt the headache is down to lack of sleep again. It's most likely the cat pissing about in the night that's causing my interrupted sleep. Wonder what's causing him to not sleep??

life is better with a biscuit

#6 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

It is a fact that solar storms can effect megnetic fields and cause electrical surges.
If one considers that we as humans also have electro magnetic fields is it entirely unreasonable to think that it might very well effect us as well, in much the same way that the moon can?

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#7 Guest_Planewalker_*

Guest_Planewalker_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

I'm in the same boat with sleep. I don't think I've ever had rime & rhythm much less a circadian rhythm to my sleep. I've had cats all my life and I don't know why cats act the way they do. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell they do on their day off. They can't just lay around the house, eat & sleep and do what they want to do. That's their job.

#8 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

It is a fact that solar storms can effect megnetic fields and cause electrical surges.
If one considers that we as humans also have electro magnetic fields is it entirely unreasonable to think that it might very well effect us as well, in much the same way that the moon can?

I'm guessing your reply was in response to Planewalker's comments about the earth's shielding, etc? (If not, just disregard my comment here) But the way I read what they were saying is that the Solar Flares wouldn't be affecting us *at night* (thus presumably when KK is trying to sleep) - not they they wouldn't be affecting us at all... is that what you were getting at PW?

#9 Guest_Planewalker_*

Guest_Planewalker_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:54 AM

Yup.

The shielded area is a cone with the point flapping around in the solar wind.

#10 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

Schuuman resonance was really spiked over the last weekend.

#11 Guest_Planewalker_*

Guest_Planewalker_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:31 AM

Schumann radiation is low frequency electromagnetic resonances caused by lightning between the Ionosphere and the Earth. It does cause what's known as the Sedona effect. If someone is sensitive to it, it can be very annoying. I some cases it can be almost completely debilitating.

#12 Neville

Neville

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

CME-coronal-mass-ejection-solar-flare-wi

https://www.elephant...arch-16th-26th/

I don't know about anyone else, but this kind of explained a few things for me.
Hit the proverbial nail right on the head in fact.

Idem here! Been feeling drained and on edge the last few days. This morning I finally walked away from my relationship after months of trying together. Cant wait for this storm to settle.

#13 BeanSiFiain

BeanSiFiain

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:12 PM

So... If this is affecting the lives of people... and there are so many people... can it be reasonable to assume the each person affected is butterfly effecting those around them, potentially causing more havoc than if it were to happen, perhaps post ice age or post large scale extinction event of any variety?

Am I too vague? Is anyone picking up what I'm putting down?

Braggart by nature,    just like nature..

#14 Neville

Neville

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

So... If this is affecting the lives of people... and there are so many people... can it be reasonable to assume the each person affected is butterfly effecting those around them, potentially causing more havoc than if it were to happen, perhaps post ice age or post large scale extinction event of any variety?

Am I too vague? Is anyone picking up what I'm putting down?

Yeah think I get you and yes I believe so. But isnt that always the case with any action? (Action-> reaction stuff)

#15 BeanSiFiain

BeanSiFiain

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

Yeah think I get you and yes I believe so. But isnt that always the case with any action? (Action-> reaction stuff)

yeah, man, for sure. But my point is that there are so many of us. Sooo many more of us than recorded history has ever alluded to. Not that there is anything to be done for it... It is obviously a natural course. But the entire idea is so chaotic to me. 

#16 BeanSiFiain

BeanSiFiain

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

Maybe I'm just in a defeatist state of mind. Perhaps I need to meditate. We were rushed out of our home the other day, so all of my notebooks, all of our worldly possessions, really, with the fewest exceptions, are still there, where they aren't accessible to us (both because of this storm and the turmoil between our families... ugh) leaving me without the preponderances of my past to reflect upon... But frankly I feel rather hopeful. This topic, however... I wonder if one of us, or more, are affected by this, and it is the force that tore the rift on Monday... 

So if it has had this effect on our lives, and thereby could be doing so to others, everywhere, and spreading to those that are otherwise unaffected... I can't even articulate it. Its so broad and reaching... 

#17 Guest_Planewalker_*

Guest_Planewalker_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Let me see if this is what your looking for. The butterfly effect is how a butterfly 1/2 way around the world got you rained on. With out doing the teaching tool {it's an effective way to teach propagating effects and causality chains}, it goes "A butterfly landed on the nose of a bull. His reaction caused a stampede which put a ton of dust in the air, followed by winds, rain cycle ......It rained on me and got my @$$ wet! I think your looking for a self generating feed back loop. Take Ice Ages - It snows. The white reflects sunlight so the ground doesn't heat up as much as it would during the day regardless of ambient temperature. This lowers temp. and it snows more. That reflects more sunlight which gives you lower temp. ....... Snowball Earth. This leads to the question how come we're not on an Earth-cicle. Climatologists are still arguing this. I'll let you in on how it works. When it snows more and more you slow the Carbon cycle. Volcanoes fire off without caring about how glaciated the surface of the Earth is. CO2 builds up and increases the green house effect. It gets hotter and the ice melts. Nobody in academia wants to listen to an ex-soldier History Prof. Wait, did that sound bitter? I've figured how they built the pyrimids at Giza too. Don't get me started on Egyptologists.

#18 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

Let me see if this is what your looking for. The butterfly effect is how a butterfly 1/2 way around the world got you rained on. With out doing the teaching tool {it's an effective way to teach propagating effects and causality chains}, it goes "A butterfly landed on the nose of a bull. His reaction caused a stampede which put a ton of dust in the air, followed by winds, rain cycle ......It rained on me and got my @$$ wet! I think your looking for a self generating feed back loop. Take Ice Ages - It snows. The white reflects sunlight so the ground doesn't heat up as much as it would during the day regardless of ambient temperature. This lowers temp. and it snows more. That reflects more sunlight which gives you lower temp. ....... Snowball Earth. This leads to the question how come we're not on an Earth-cicle. Climatologists are still arguing this. I'll let you in on how it works. When it snows more and more you slow the Carbon cycle. Volcanoes fire off without caring about how glaciated the surface of the Earth is. CO2 builds up and increases the green house effect. It gets hotter and the ice melts. Nobody in academia wants to listen to an ex-soldier History Prof. Wait, did that sound bitter? I've figured how they built the pyrimids at Giza too. Don't get me started on Egyptologists.

This batshit post makes no sense. Also, not how climate changes - or solar storms, the point of this thread - works.

RSKHFMY

#19 Guest_Planewalker_*

Guest_Planewalker_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Please enlighten me on your theory of climatology. I believe that solar forms are closely linked to climate. Maunder minimum and the Little Ice Age and all that. I was trying to clarify which type of effect was being referenced for the outcome of environmental impacts on peoples physical state.  I believe that my post was valid. Also I was trying to stimulte cross talk that could spin off new threads and topics. Competions are not the most effective way to increase participation on the forum. Free multi-disiplinary disscussions are, I believe more suitable.

#20 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

1. Your "better than thou" attitude needs to end here, it won't fly on this forum. 2. You don't have a handle on climatology, OR politeness in an online community, OR how to create a post that makes any damn sense. 3. Derailing threads is not favored in this community, hence ALL the bother put into subdividing the forum into so many sections.

Stay on topic, and knock off the attitude. 

RSKHFMY