• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JesterJedula

JesterJedula

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

My friend whome I love dearly is going to England to meet a lover she met online. I have a bad feeling about him and I need to find a way to protect her while she’s gone. I was thinking about enchanting a pendant or something she can carry with her? I’m completely new and have never performed a spell before so could really use the help. If this is the wrong area please move me to the correct one. I am desperate and willing to go to any lengths. Barring protecting her binding him is an option maybe? Thank you all so much.

#2 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:20 AM

I have put off responding to this post, mostly because it is really not my intention to come off sounding like a complete asshole.

I am what I am though, so here goes. Please know it really is my intention to help.

You may read throughout this site that it is not a teaching site.

The expectation is that you will read and learn at least a bit before you post questions about how to do things.

That said most of us are friendly and helpful and will try to help when sincere questions are posted.

Point being, there are lots of posts and info about protection methods here and elsewhere.

No one can tell you what would best work for you or your friend, you kind of have to find that out for yourself, your personal style so to speak.

Research, learning all you can and introspection, getting to know yourself is the way to go. Ideally before you start casting spells. 

There is something strange about this too, IMO.

I get that you have a bad feeling about this guy, but you don't know him at all right?

I'm getting that she has not met him in person yet either?

I understand wanting to protect her, but why would it even occur to you to bind him, why would you want to do that? 

What if your friend ends up really liking him? 

You will need to let her make her own choices, I am assuming she is a grown woman?

Are you perhaps a little jealous, or is there some separation anxiety going for you?

Perhaps take good hard moment to assess your motivation for this.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#3 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

I didn't answer your post originally for much the same reason as Sol - I wondered if there was some jealousy.

I'm a newbie too (only joined in July). There is SO much information here if you take some time to browse. If you go to the forums homepage and search from there you'll find all sorts of links will come up for protection.

Sometimes you might want help from individual members based on what you have read on a thread. I saw a couple of really interesting posts on old threads and PMed the authors of those posts for specific info. They were kind and gracious and answered my questions. People are willing to help here when it's clear that you're serious about learning and doing for yourself.

A binding is a major spell and might be a bit like using a hammer to crack a walnut open even if you were able to pull it off. A protection spell would make more sense or maybe something around giving your friend discernment if this guy is bad news. In this case a little charm bag or talisman could work well, as well as being an affectionate gift.

It is important to look at your own motives and be very clear about what you want. I learned this recently after dithering in the middle of a 'big spell'. A lot of people here helped me out and saw what I'd done much more clearly than I saw myself. I recommend Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine. It's about Chaos Magic but has a couple of nice sections about the importance of questioning your own motives and getting a really clear intention / outcome in mind.

#4 JesterJedula

JesterJedula

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:01 AM

Thanks for both of your responses, I really appreciate them! Thanks for being honest with me and I apologize, I might be a bit hasty with this since I’m concerned and not sure if there’s anything I can do. I have looked and will continue to do research on older posts on the subject. Again thank you for your time.

#5 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

Jester, I was thinking about you there as I wrote a post on another thread. It's a book I'm reading that I'm finding helpful with lots of basics, copying post here:

I'm reading 'Magic on the Breath' by Tylluan Penry and finding it a really useful book for lots of basics I had skipped past - grounding, shielding, breath work and there's a whole chapter-ish on thought forms. It's also very good on intention. It would be too basic for many on here but for me who has thus far relied on a couple of books, asking some questions here and winging it in practice it's a good intro to lots of basics which will give me a good grounding in breath work / meditation / visualisation. Her Knot Magic book is worth a read too, as is the aforementioned Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine.

#6 Cameo

Cameo

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

Jester, I was thinking about you there as I wrote a post on another thread. It's a book I'm reading that I'm finding helpful with lots of basics, copying post here:

I'm reading 'Magic on the Breath' by Tylluan Penry and finding it a really useful book for lots of basics I had skipped past - grounding, shielding, breath work and there's a whole chapter-ish on thought forms. It's also very good on intention. It would be too basic for many on here but for me who has thus far relied on a couple of books, asking some questions here and winging it in practice it's a good intro to lots of basics which will give me a good grounding in breath work / meditation / visualisation. Her Knot Magic book is worth a read too

Those books were game changers for me. Like you I skipped past a lot of basicis too and so somethings just wweren't coming together.