• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Was wondering thoughts on this book? I havnt read a Cunningham book since I was a teenager, but my friend asked if I'd like to read it with her. I feel really inspired by this book.I love the simplicity in it, and the inspiration to get off of my phone and digital world and connect more with the earth.

The way he writes feels like I am reading a chat from an old friend as well. Easy to read and comforting.

#2 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:54 AM

I have recently bought this book. Unfortunately, I bought it with a lot of other books at the same time, which means I've only had a chance to read the intro, so far. But so far, I like where it's going and I can see it being helpful to me. I do expect at some point he will give the moral lecture about 'doing no harm', but I just move on when I read that in his books.

#3 Valmerriss

Valmerriss

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

I have this book and the one that goes with it, something along the lines of "more Earth Power..."  I like them, except for the candy coating of the craft- they can get very wiccan preachy about some things.  But, I still refer back to them.  They seem to function much like I do, using simple spells with whatever is on hand.  Nothing showy about them. (On a beach?  Use the sand, the wind, the tide and your intention!)  I have found that they are excellent launch points, a means of inspiration for my own work, and I have always thought that's the best way to create the changes/actions you want to make/take- create your own.  I have a few of his other books, with more herbal leanings as that's my thing.  Again. good springboards for my own work.  

#4 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:08 AM

Agreed! The simplicity is what makes me Enjoy it so much