Photo
- - - - -

Hiding in plain sight challenge, just for fun.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:38 AM

This a kind of silly game, that I thought might also end up interesting.

Pretend you're going to be staying someplace that is a Bible Belt region. You want to take magical tools with you, but you don't want to get caught out as a witch.

What items would you carry in your bag and on your person, that would allow you to continue to practice witchcraft without anyone knowing? To make it trickier, it must pass a potential police stripsearch 😂 (So you can't just hide everything under your clothes).

I can only think of two things I would have with me, for now: a bible for spells and a deck of playing cards for divination.

What will you carry?

Edited by Tricycle, 08 October 2017 - 03:40 AM.

#2 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

A pad of paper and coloring pens for sigils & mandalas, and crochet needle & yarn for knot magic & pendulum.

And I'd never leave home without my cane. It doubles as a staff.

Edited by Zombee, 08 October 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#3 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

I love your ideas :)

I have another; 4711 cologne, as both my grandmothers used to use it, and I could use it for ancestral veneration purposes.

#4 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

Love it :D As a witch in plain sight, this is right up my street Tricycle *fist bump*

Probably... a bracelet of hag shells, playing cards, some tealights and a lighter, some tobacco and papers (for sigil work), herbs mixed in with the tobacco, a pocket sewing kit and a white cotton handkerchief. Plus I would pin some lavender and sage into a little corsage on my clothing :D - or is that pushing it?!

#5 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:25 AM

Love it :D As a witch in plain sight, this is right up my street Tricycle *fist bump*

Probably... a bracelet of hag shells, playing cards, some tealights and a lighter, some tobacco and papers (for sigil work), herbs mixed in with the tobacco, a pocket sewing kit and a white cotton handkerchief. Plus I would pin some lavender and sage into a little corsage on my clothing :D - or is that pushing it?!

I'm so glad! :) I don't think it's pushing it, lol! I think what most of us are packing puts us into the boring, little old lady category, which is pretty perfect, really :P

#6 Cameo

Cameo

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

I love this thread! Perfume bottles for my oils. Tea bags for my herbs that I am unlikely to find in that area. Powders could go in travel size baby powered bottles. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

#7 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

Cameo, now I wanna go buy a bunch of tiny bottles ❤️

What about a Catholic rosary for meditation?

#8 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

I was thinking about a rosary as well. I have actually used one for meditation and spells. As long as you are in an area that is not extremely anti Catholic. Some Christians find Catholics just a scary as witchest, lol.
Along that line, how about those little bottles of holy water, saint medals and saint candles.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#9 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

I was thinking about a rosary as well. I have actually used one for meditation and spells. As long as you are in an area that is not extremely anti Catholic. Some Christians find Catholics just a scary as witchest, lol.
Along that line, how about those little bottles of holy water, saint medals and saint candles.

That is a good point about Christian's thoughts on Catholics! :D I like your ideas, too :)

#10 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

Whoa! Boring little old ladies?! :( who are you calling a lady?! Woman In Total Control, Honey! The initials spell WITCH.

Edited by Zombee, 09 October 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#11 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

Lol!