8 replies to this topic

#1 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Does anyone else feel extra "Witchy" at certain times of year, day etc?

For me, as I'm sure is the same for most, my craft is in everything I do, it surrounds me 24/7. But this time of year (Autumn has just started here) I feel that extra crackle of magic in the air. I always feel that extra bit witchy in Autumn. It could be the visable change in the season, or perhaps it's the approach of Samhain and everyone gets a little Witchy. I'm a bit like a Squirrel this time of year as well, scavenging and hording things for spells and ritual before Winter hits.

life is better with a biscuit

#2 Lauvitra

Lauvitra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

I do!

And yes, it's autumn for me as well - and winter - when I feel the most "witchy". Mostly it's because there's too much noise and chittering and all kinds of distractions going around in spring and summer, and I find it hard to really concentrate on all the things I do, witchy or not. At this time of the year, all the outside noice starts to finally calm down. Even though I do witchy things throughout the year, it's in autumn and winter when I can really concentrate and actually think about the things I do and plan my new projects, and that does often give me the "extra-witchy" feeling; witchcraft isn't only present in my actions, but it's much more present in my thoughts as well - in such a way it rarely can during the rest of the year.

Because of this, I often consider autumn and winter to be my time of preparation for the other half of the year. Mental preparation, that is. To sum it up, the warm and busy time of the year is when I do things; this cold and quiet time of the year is when I plan, learn and think about things.

Edit: curse the typos!

Edited by Lauvitra, 27 September 2017 - 03:52 AM.

"We pledge ourselves to you, the Frame-Maker, the Scarab:

a world for us to love you in, a cloak of dirt to cherish."

#3 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

I just bumped this thread as we have talked about this before, you may find it interesting.

http://www.tradition...view=getnewpost

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#4 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

Ha, thanks Solanaceae. I even saw this thread and assumed it was about our first calling to witchcraft. Someone smack me on the wrist!

And it is very interesting, it seems many of us feel this at Autumn. 

#5 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Autumn for sure.

#6 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:20 AM

Help me to understand.  You feel 'extra witchy' around Samhain.  But less around other times of the year?  No other?

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#7 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

Hi Aurelian, I can't speak for the others but for me it's not to do with Samhain itself but the Autumn season as a whole. Maybe it's my choice of words, I feel more of a pull to nature in the Autumn. I wouldn't say I feel "less" of a pull in other times of year but an increased, I don't know, connection for want of a better word. I embrace all the seasons where I live, perhaps it's as simple as Autumn being my favourite season. It conjures up fond memories from my childhood, I practice more of my craft in this season than some of the others.

#8 Holdasown

Holdasown

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

I am a morning person. I love dawn, when the moon and sun share the sky. I do lots spell work at that time. I am sometimes too sleepy at night.

#9 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

I feel different kinds of witchy during different seasons, but Autumn is definitely a special one. What I love about Autumn is the colours, and how you can see and feel the changes in the landscape. I can move amongst nature most comfortably during this season. It's not too hot, not too cold, and not too much pollen to trigger my hayfever. I also have quite a few decks that remind me of Autumn, and cracking those out during Autumn really just makes me feel magical and connected.

I also love collecting things for Winter at that time.